2009 Christmas Challenge.
Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 2009 Christmas Challenge.

I know I know, Christmas 2008 isn't even here yet. BUT, I'm done shopping. Done wrapping all that's left is putting up the tree.

So I'm moving forward to 2009.

I want to do ALOT of home made items next year. We don't know what the future holds with the economy, won't know if dh job is secure for the whole year. This takes some careful planning to make it work so it doesn't come off as tacky. But a beautful, well thought out holiday gift giving.

I'm also putting money aside every pay to pay for the holidays again. My balance didn't grow much this year as I bought as I went using those funds for gifts, which is what they are there for. So it worked. My goal is $1200, whether I spend that much or way less, as I have a whole lot of supplies here in my home for home made gifts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm soooo in with you on this one. I want to make 90% of my gifts for 2009. I'm going to be starting to make them probably around the middle of January. I have lots of fabric, I'm going to make some wall hangings, some table runners and I would even like to make a few quilts. So, with that in mind, maybe I better start this weekend! LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kim, what kind of wallhanging? I want to make some to use in the windows. I think the are beautiful, and would looks so nice in my girls bedrooms.

I'm planning on making totes and purses. I made one for me and everywhere I go some one is complimenting it, so I figured great gift idea, and won't cost anything for me to make, or rather won't cost anything more, since I have the supplies.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Two years ago I made a Christmas gift each month. By the time Christmas rolled around, most of I needed to make was made. This year I didn't do that and I'm sorry I didn't.

I'm with you on making more of my gifts for 2009.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am planning this too.
    I remember that my mother used to make homemade gifts for everyone including me and my sister and I still have them. My mom has been gone for over 20 years and those things bring back so many good memories. I want my girls to have those kinds of memories too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

this is one of my new years resolutions. My goal this year was to spend half of what i spent last year so about $250. I spent $234

In 2009 it is my goal to make everyone handmade (non-tacky ) gifts and spend half of what I spent this year so $117 I think it is do-able!

good luck and i look forward to reading your progress!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to make purses and totes and cosmetic bags and the like. I have tons of remnant fabric, perfect for these things.

This is the wall hanging I'm going to make. I have lots of christmas fabric to use up. I was thinking of making a tall skinny one for the front door and putting bells on it! I might try that one first and make it for me! LOL There are so many ways to make this, using the same fabric for each row, alternating, scrappy. I think it is very versatile. I do need to go buy some plain fabric for the borders. I don't have much of that, but other than that I'm all set! I'm going to start in a few weeks after my busy season at work is done!
    https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...pictureid=2074

We can do this!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great thread and great ideas. I wish I was creative enough to make some homemade things, but I do not have a creative bone in my body.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I plan on doing the same! I made 6 homemade gifts this year and next I want to up it. Don't know really what I am going to make yet. Thinking of some things with wood since we have so much of it. Other than that, I am going to surf the web and try and find some other ideas as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tervsforme View Post
    I am going to make purses and totes and cosmetic bags and the like. I have tons of remnant fabric, perfect for these things.

This is the wall hanging I'm going to make. I have lots of christmas fabric to use up. I was thinking of making a tall skinny one for the front door and putting bells on it! I might try that one first and make it for me! LOL There are so many ways to make this, using the same fabric for each row, alternating, scrappy. I think it is very versatile. I do need to go buy some plain fabric for the borders. I don't have much of that, but other than that I'm all set! I'm going to start in a few weeks after my busy season at work is done!
    https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...pictureid=2074

We can do this!

I love that wall hanging.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm going for a 90% Yule in '09 (I know my limits... I can't 'make' a chemistry set )

I also want to make reusable fabric gift bags.
    Drawstring Bags and the really easy Pillowcase Bags

I also have a list of things to make on my blog -- I will be adding stuff as I go along.
    Last edited by Lady_V; 12-20-2008 at 01:11 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by homesteadmamma View Post
    I love that wall hanging.
    Thanks! I can't wait to get started on them!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I set up a goal for myself for Christmas 2000 - set aside ALL of the gift cards I receive throughout the year - CVS, RiteAid, Giant, Safway - for use Christmas 2009.

I'm always getting a $10 card here, a $5 card there - and they do not lose their value. I'm going to put them all away in a little box I have ready. Next Oct/November, I am looking forward to seeing what I've accumulated!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm working on doing the same thing this year. I plan on making scrapbooks and jewelry for people and some hand tied blankets. I am very excited about doing this. I'm getting supplies together for the jewelry right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great ideas! I love to garage sale and often see fabrics. I don't often get any because I have lots, but to do some gifts with...might be a great idea!

I'm making little drawstring bags for gift cards this year and hanging them on the tree. Those for non family members I'm embroidering their names on it. Nicer than just a card.

I wish I'd seen the cloth thing sooner as mu gifts have been wrapped for weeks, or I'd have done that for the kids. That said, the paper was bought 10 years ago for 77¢ per 5 or 8 rolls. So it's not costing..lol.

For the bags on the site Pillowcase Bags
    once you turn them right side out, the corners, if you stitch them from the outside and the bottom too, it'll have more body and form and stand better for you.

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast