Cool to be kind challenge - Page 14
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh Debbie-cat, that is so kind of you and DH. It can be a strain to feed that many people on short notice. Way to go!

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I helped a little old lady find the washroom today at the library.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I invited a lady to Bible study starting next week (and tonight for that matter). We finished one tonight. She insisted on driving me. My eyesight is doing funny things. She worked on other stuff at the church while Bible study met. Next week we'll meet at my place. We're starting one on living a creative lifestyle. I do hope she'll come.

While at Bible study we prayed for some people having difficulties in the church. We formulated some plans of things we can do to help them.

Jean

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's Monday, just a reminder to be kind to someone today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I forgot to post on here for a couple of days so here I go...

Saturday - helped niece with some re-arranging of her stuff
    Sunday - hugged and kissed hubby (not much I know)
    Monday - so far, going to cousins to help her set up her converter box for the television

Last edited by Debbie-cat; 02-02-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry...kind of lost this thread for awhile...

Friday - was helping people at stitching. DH and I went out for a bit of a date night. It was the end of the week for him. We were both tired. We decided we had to pace ourselves more. We split the date over three days.

Saturday - DH and I went shopping together. He needs a desk for his home office. We couldn't find one that fit. I was also at crafting group, where we made sandwiches for a local mission, as well as socialized and chatted. A lady who was supposed to help me with lunch on Sunday phoned at 7:30 pm saying she was sick and hadn't bought the food yet. In fact, her whole family is sick. I assured her no problem, and DH and I went out to the store to pick up the rest of lunch for 40. DH wanted more chocolate syrup, so I made him some.

Sunday - Provided lunch for the congregation after church, with another friend's help. She insisted on paying part of the tab. I think she was surprised when I told her it was only $23CAD. DH and I continued our weekend of dates. He wanted to go to the whirlpool after the gym again. I'm ambivalent. I mean, it's nice to get warm, but I have to be careful not to sit in front of jets that are too strong. They hurt my back. We spent a fair bit of time in the kids' teach pool, where I tried some pilates in water while DH kind of floated and glided on the water. He loves water!

Monday - sale day at the health food store. I practiced patience in line, chatted up some people, and, the second time back, commented to the lady behind the till she must be awful tired, as she was there at 10 am when I went in and still there at 4:30 pm! It was non-stop busy in there. Lines 5-10 people deep at two tills. I guess that's the day the staff earn their wages! I picked DH up from work and took him out to supper tonight on my nickle.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today was patience day for me too in our local co-op. I let a guy go ahead of me and then was really nice when some things rang up over priced.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I thought I should do an update on that special needs girl at our church. She was too much for me to handle emotionally on my own. I confided in a couple of friends. The three of us have banded together as a support group for her. We pray for her and her mom and try to find ways to include her in congregational life. We are also trying to give her good firm solid support when she needs help and advice. It helps that one of the ladies has special needs teacher training.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    I thought I should do an update on that special needs girl at our church. She was too much for me to handle emotionally on my own. I confided in a couple of friends. The three of us have banded together as a support group for her. We pray for her and her mom and try to find ways to include her in congregational life. We are also trying to give her good firm solid support when she needs help and advice. It helps that one of the ladies has special needs teacher training.

What a sweet thing to do. Having 3 children with special needs, I know how I would have appreciated someone coming along side of him to give me moral support at church. Unfortunately we missed out on going to church many many times because it wasn't there. It's nice to see Jean that you are praying for both her and her mom. That's AWESOME and as a mom with kids that are challenged, thank you for being so kind.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I guess I have just decided life is too short not to be kind to people. Some people need more help than others.

Today I'm a little short on kindnesses. I won't be seeing anyone but DH. So he'll have to be my act of kindness. Maybe I'll make him dessert tonight... he loves his desserts!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am not going anywhere either Jean so I guess I will have to do the same for today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yesterday a friend of ours showed up very upset. So I lent her an understanding ear, feed her dinner and called her DH to pick her up (she had drank alot and didn't want her to drive).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today I haven't gone anywhere or done anything. DH gets the award today for taking care of FIL and myself (we are both not feeling well) while he is sick with bronchitis.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yesterday I went on an outing with some people from church and managed to keep my mouth shut around one lady. This one lady can be a real pill and I went out of my way to be friendly and let her talk. Didn't do too well with the minister though. Oh well. She was nice enough to give me a ride.

Today I haven't been around many people. I went out this morning to stitch/knit with a bunch of ladies. I took time to go around to each of them and made a point of asking the ones I don't normally talk much to at least two questions about what they were working on. It's amazing how they open up and talk when you do that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay everyone, how's it going? No activity for 4 days. Are you running out of steam or simply not posting? I've been forgetting. I've been pretty busy.

Saturday was crafting group. I spent the morning with DH at home, even though I had errands to do. We just needed to spend some time together. At crafting group I worked with the other ladies to help the special needs girl sort out some life stuff.

Saturday evening I went to another church - a more lively one. It was interesting. I knew of one of the women there. She's had a really rough time lately. I made sure to go over and talk to her and let her know that people outside her immediate faith community were praying for her. She was very encouraged by that and opened right up to talk about her situation. This is a small town and people know a lot of what is going on.

Sunday was church. I had to leave right after the service. The floors had been waxed and really smelled...even though they'd aired the place out. I got home with a headache and really stuffed up (allergic reaction). But DH wanted to do more fun stuff with me. I was surprised, delighted, and a bit wary. I was not feeling well. But when he suggested the art gallery I did not have the heart to say no. We got there and very little was on display. They were changing exhibits. We ran into two people we knew and took the time to chat.

One was a man I'd fixed a rug for in the past. He wanted me to repair it again. His cat had got at it. I had decided I wasn't going to fix anymore rugs, but as this man is an old friend of DH's, I decided I would agree to do it.

DH and I decided to go up to the gym and workout and sit in the whirlpool. It meant a late supper.

Actually, I was so tired by the time we got out of the pool (it was only 7 pm), that I suggested we go to a local buffet for supper. We actually had quite a time deciding where to go, but finally settled on the buffet.

On the way there we passed Humpty's Restaurant and DH commented he'd never been in one before. Well! I decided that would be rectified soon! We went the next morning for breakfast. And found they have a special deal for people over 55. As DH is over 55 he endured some good natured ribbing from me and filled out the form for the card he needs to get 10-20% off whenever we eat at Humpty's.

Errand day on Monday. I was able to find some homeopathic medicine that has been difficult to locate lately. I was quite friendly (ie. profuse in my thanks) to the salesclerk who went in the back to look for it for me and chatted her up a bit. You know, I kind of like this being kind to people thing. It makes you slow down and appreciate the things and people in your life!

Monday night was Bible study at my house. I offer it up for the ladies. We had a good study in which I served goodies. I guess my kindness was that two of us more talkative ones got together and decided we weren't going to talk so much at Bible study. We want to hear what the others have to say.

Tuesday. A friend came over in the afternoon and we talked and prayed. I spent a lot of time listening to her. Sometimes it seems like nothing gets solved, but it does allow her to get things off her chest. And it does the same for me. We decided we were not being very supportive of our minister and prayed over that...as well as making an agreement to do better. It didn't help that I had this interesting dream about the minister Tuesday morning before waking up.

Tuesday night was a stitching group meeting. I walked home with a neighbor and enjoyed her company. I also went out of my way to talk to a lady I didn't recognize. Turns out she's new to the group and had actually missed a couple of month's of meetings. I was able to connect her up with another lady with similar interests.

Today...I volunteered (okay, agreed when asked) to work a funeral (in the kitchen) for the church. On the way home my ride was talking about being cold all the time and wishing she had an electric blanket. Well, I inherited two from Mom and we don't use them. So I offered her one on the spot. She wanted to pay for it, but I told her it came to me free, it was hers free. Besides, this woman is always driving me places and refuses to let me fill up her gas tank!

Oh, and sometime on the weekend I finished the prayer shawl for the mission too.
    Last edited by peanut; 02-11-2009 at 10:31 PM.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast