Cool to be kind challenge - Page 19
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You all are doing great! I've been kind of lack lustre the last while...too much time at home. Most of my kindnesses have been on-line!

Today I was out and about though. We went to the Farmer's Market and I made sure to stop and chat up the vendors. We spent $20CAD, but it was worth it. I got hm sauerkraut, perogies and spanikopita. DH picked up cinnamon buns for himself. We had a great time! Sometimes I think the atmosphere of the Farmer's Market is more than worth the price. DH stopped me from buying hm pickles from a lady though. Wish I'd bought them...we're out. Oh well...next week.

I was to crafting today and for a long while it was just me and the special needs girl. She was very pre-occupied with her drawing today. She didn't give any sign of being upset about anything until another lady arrived...the special needs teacher...thankfully. She and the girl had a good talk.

We had someone renting the church today. I made sure to go out and introduce myself, as I had the key to lock up, and showed them around the kitchen again...and when some little kids showed up, I told them about the nursery.

In turn I had a couple of big kindnesses shown to me! I thought I'd be there till four at least, but someone from the board of managers showed up just at 3, when we normally end, and offered to stay till they left. I could have hugged him! I was feeling really bad about leaving DH at home alone that long on his day off.

And the other kindess? A friend gave me some symphony tickets! Yippee!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good job peanut!

Consoled my niece who was fighting with her fiance, let my great nephew stay over one more night (he just loves hanging out here), scanned my hubby's godchild's car....running rough and diagnosted it for him free.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That was very nice of you Debbie-cat!

I went to a friend's baby shower today. I hope my presence, although there were many other in attendance, added to her day's joy. She's really a special person and has had a hard time conceiving. I also gave her a shower last month at work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmmm...does thanking the bus driver when I get off at my bus stop count? Have to say I haven't really gone out of my way lately to be kind. I need to work on this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Diagnosed another car for free today....no wonder we are poor! Oh well, helping people is more important!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent a lot of time on the phone today. DD#2 phoned and wanted stuff mailed to her. I tried to be pleasant about it, though it will mean considerable work for me. I used the opportunity to talk to her about the clothes she left behind and sort them into trash, give away, send eventually piles. Got a lot of stuff out of that room.

Emailed DD#1 to reiterate an invitation for Easter dinner. She phoned back and we chatted for awhile. They can't make up their minds about anything without navigating between two families - one a split family. So I won't know their answer for awhile. I opened it up to having them come sometime over the weekend, depending on his work schedule. We'll see what transpires. If they pick Monday I will have to cancel Bible study.

It was nice to chat with both of my girls today. Being nice was easy! Even though it costs me my time. What are kids for though?

A little more complicated was a friend who called in response to a call I'd made earlier in the day. I was inviting her to tea, but she was at work. She phoned after she got home. She was not well, but also not disposed to do anything about it.

All she needed to do was phone her doctor and talk to him (reactions to medication)...but he's an American doctor and she was hesitating over the possible $200 phone consultation fee. I made the best of it and had her laughing and joking by the end of the call...and I made her promise to call him after talking to her DH.

I also went for a walk today and out for tea/lunch. I was cheerful to the clerk and smiled at all the people I passed...which is easy to do on a bright sunshiny day with the snow melting.

DH was patient waiting for supper tonight. I finally got his granola made...a week late. And that was one reason supper was later than usual. That plus all the phone calls! I made one of our favourites (spinach and chickpea curry with rice). Then we got talking about dessert... well, one thing led to another...and I ended up making Decadent 5 Minute Chocolate-Cake-In-A-Mug in the microwave. We ate it with leftover raspberry sauce and Balkan yogurt...yum! He's happy.

Over dessert he told me all about his day. It was a wild one! So tonight I'm settling down in front of the TV with him. He says it relaxes him to hold me while he watches TV. Hmmm...I'm off to be kind to DH.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I took a walk outdoors during lunch. I work in downtown Atlanta, and I'm accostomed to seeing tourist walking around (especially this week since it's spring break). Well, during my walk a passed a dad and what looked like his two girls. He had stopped to take their picture. I offered to take the shot for him so he could also be in the picture. He was very appreciative. (I guess I looked like a safe bet and wouldn't run off with his camera). I walked away with a big smile and thoughts of how I would compose the write-up for tonight's post.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ran FIL around today because he wanted to get out in the fresh air. I really didn't have the time but ended up to be out with him for two hours. It made him happy so that is all that counts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love my job - especially working with parents. Had two meetings today with parents of children with disabilities and I love being able to make them feel comfortable and important. Everyone was happy talking about the children - basing plans to deal with their challenges on their individual strengths - got to celebrate the children!! Cannot tell you how much this does to hug my heart!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You all are doing wonderful things for people! Not sure I have much to add. I was asked to read for the Maundy Thursday service at church. I wasn't going to go initially, but decided I would. I'm glad I did. I had a chance to talk to some people. One girl was celebrating landing her first paid job. She is feeling very relieved.

There was choir practice after the service and boy, do we stink on this morning's piece! I have to leave in 5 minutes for church.

Not much else I can think of that I've done as a kindness lately. I've been receiving a lot of phone calls from my girls the last couple of days. Spent a long time talking to DD#2 yesterday. She has wisdom teeth issues. I told her that whatever wasn't covered by the university and DH's work would be covered by DH and I. Her teeth are rotting in her mouth. She also has cavities forming between her teeth. Not good. She'll have to shell out for them.

Registered User thesightofoneself's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i figure its the little things in life that count.

my epileptic friend and i were talking about school, work, and this summer. our scholarships dont cover summer classes and she cant drive because of the epilepsy, i cant because of my anxiety. she goes stir crazy and i just love the time off. so i figure for at least part of the summer we'll be spending A LOT of time together
    Last edited by thesightofoneself; 04-10-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very nice of you TSOO!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    Very nice of you TSOO!
    she's doing something for me too. i can finally be social.

she's the greatest so this is perfect

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by thesightofoneself View Post
    i figure its the little things in life that count.

my epileptic friend and i were talking about school, work, and this summer. our scholarships dont cover summer classes and she cant drive because of the epilepsy, i cant because of my anxiety. she goes stir crazy and i just love the time off. so i figure for at least part of the summer we'll be spending A LOT of time together
    She's lucky to have you as a friend....me too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

... ...

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast