Cool to be kind challenge - Page 21
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Appreciate the thought, but it's actually my kids who do most for her. Me cooking is very new, but they've helped her out for years. Sometime when you get really bored you can read what a prince my ex is!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sometimes just being on the other end of the phone is better than anything else. Folks can feel supported, but still need to solve their own problems. Suggestions are wonderful, but you know how some folks are

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

thanks for clarifying, and yep, I know about being on the other end of the phone!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User thesightofoneself's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

where is all the kindness? its been a week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm still pretty new to the site but is it too late to join this?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It is never to late to join gapeach! Welcome!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

LOL! Well I've been pretty busy now spring is here. I'm out and about more.

I offered a lady some blue jean material over a month or two ago and she still hasn't come to pick it up. I think I will list it on-line for someone else to come get it. There's a limit to how much patience I have with this. I don't think she really wanted it to begin with...otherwise she would have been here post haste. She even has my phone number and address, so she could call and come anytime. So my conclusion is she really doesn't want it. She had originally complained to a group of us that she didn't have enough for a project she was doing. Guess she found enough.

I have been walking the shopping district and chatting with the shopkeepers. They get so bored mid-week when everyone's at work. I try to come in the afternoon...before coffee break...just when it's starting to get you down if you don't have any customers.

I made sure to phone my podiatrist Thursday to let him know the orthodics he adjusted in the morning were working just fine now. The poor receptionist didn't sound too excited when I told her who it was...I almost broke down in tears in the office two visits ago! It's been over 1 1/2 years since I've been able to walk or stand longer than 15-30 minutes at a time in my outdoor shoes.

But this last visit I was determined to hold my emotional act together and just deal with the facts with the poor man. The newly adjusted orthodics work great! I figured he deserved a phone call of thanks. The receptionist was in a much cheerier mood when I hung up.

I agreed to work a funeral for a friend's mother at the church. It was hard seeing her go through everything. Her mom was mentally ill and basically died from complications brought on my long term use of medication. Then her brother's MIL tried to commit suicide that same night. I've been wrapped up in dealing with that the last few days. I've been making sure to connect with her and send a sympathy card, etc. My own mother committed suicide two years ago...due to mental illness.

I've been driving DH and DD#1 to a conference they are attending. It's downtown and they don't want to pay for all day parking. Can't blame them. It means getting up earlier in the morning for me - 7 or 8 a.m.

A friend and I made a deal...she'll grow the food and I'll process it for both of us this fall. Not a bad deal from my perspective. Though I hope to get my own food growing in the backyard this year.

That's all I can think of right now.
    Last edited by peanut; 04-25-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've had my hands full keeping ex-mil fed, no time for much else with babysitting dgs, working fulltime.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think I've been in survival mode mostly these last few days. There's been a fair bit of cleaning and home organization activities.

I am trying to remember to smile at people and be friendly. There was a get together at one of the neighbor's to greet a new baby on the block. I almost didn't make it, but did manage 15 minutes in the end. I got to meet her parents too. We had a good time together...and I had a chance to reconnect with my neighbors.

I kind of feel like I'm in the way these days...like I can't do anything right. It's very depressing. I have a couple of friends cheering me up though. They don't let me stay home too long to sulk. They are wonderful friends.

The drama from the funeral last week continues. I've been saying prayers and talking to people. I never thought having a mother who committed suicide would be a benefit to someone else! Sigh... my experiences comes in handy...even the bad ones.

I agreed to go to a play with a friend, even tho I'm not sure I really want to see it. But the price was right...$5. It'll be fun to spend time with my friend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't had alot of opportunity to be kind to people. Today, I took supper to my neighbor. He's home alone while his wife and her friends are at Panama City Beach. When she goes away we usually see him doing alot of work in the yard and he doesn't cook for himself much. I took him enough food for tonight and tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That was very nice of you gapeach!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Don't know if this is a kindness, but I have been able to make a difference in the lives of the students that I tutor - especially three siblings who have a challenged home life. They are excited to rush down to my room after school and are finally proud of themselves for what they are accomplishing in our time together.

Called a friend this AM whose husband drives her to work and their son to school. Son was still sick so I offered to pick her up to give husband a break.

Hand delivered summer job applications for two teachers this afternoon.

Nothing else pops in my mind right now.

Sharing a good attitude is a kindness to us all!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Maui, I think that's the best kind of all! Sounds like you've done a tremendous amount of help. Even a kind word at exactly the right moment can make all the difference.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This morning, the friend I had called to see if she needed a ride to work yesterday, called me and asked for a ride!! She hardly ever asks for anything, so I am glad she felt comfortable to call!!

Yesterday a coworker was talking about an author she is immersed in reading. While I was at my favorite (10 cent) bookstore yesterday, I picked up all books by that author - think there were 6-7 books. She was thrilled. The two books she had already read, she was going to give to her mother.

I purchased the organza ribbon for the leis for the judges of our leir contest - I do this every year to thank them and show appreciation for their sharing their time with our school.

Have a great Friday all - how did it get here so soon?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been trying to stay cool and collected here. DD#1 is moving and trying to store stuff with us. We have to limit what we take because we may be moving in the future!

DD#2 phoned in a panic. She had some fillings done...for $729...and she has to pay the CC bill before the insurance money comes in. So the Bank of Mom and Dad are coughing up for a short term loan. No problem. It's health related so we consider it an emergency. I did point out to her that is why people have emergency funds. And she told me she was setting one up as soon as she got a job...

A friend drives me a lot of places. Well today we have to go somewhere. I have the car, so I offered to drive.

That special needs girl from church is sick...big time...no voice. She has problems saying 'no' to people. Our choir director phoned and strong armed her into coming to practice. She sits beside an 80 year old woman who has had pneumonia 2 or 3 times this winter. I was furious! I know the choir director and there are going to be words... There is no need to bring someone contagious who needs sleep to choir practice...especially when that person doesn't sing anyway. Just puts in her time there. I made sure to take lots of vitamin C this morning. My immune system isn't what it used to be either.

I guess my kindness in all that was to point out to everyone else she was sick and let them make the decision whether to sit by her or not. Not surprisingly, the 80 year old did NOT want to sit near the girl. In the end the choir director was forced to put the poor girl at another table. I do not feel overly remorseful for that. She should not have been there in the first place. the choir director needs her hands slapped on that one.