Cool to be kind challenge - Page 23
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had a wonderful opportunity to be kind today that presented all sorts of challenges and everything worked!!

The mother of two of my students with severe autism, one current 3 yo and one former 5 yr, called at 6:30 am. Her own mother had passed away in the night and she was desperate for some one to watch these two after school for about six hours. Told her I would take care of it.

Called friends I hadn't talked to in months and asked one new and one old friend and we got it taken care of so the kids were well tended - in shifts!! We even got in 1 1/2 hours in the pool. Took 4 adults to be successful - and we did it!!

Think everyone is pretty pooped out now, and it also feels good.

I had forgotten that her mother is my age - 63 - kind of takes me up short. Take each day and each blessing as it comes!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jean, you have such a giving heart and loving spirit about you. Any life that you touch will be greatly enriched!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
    Jean, you have such a giving heart and loving spirit about you. Any life that you touch will be greatly enriched!
    I second that!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay you guys...cut it out! I'll get an ego from all this!

Monday night at Bible study two people commented that they liked coming to my place because I radiated such peacefulness. I sure don't feel peaceful! But put me in my favorite chair and I just chill out.

I was a bit uncomfortable with that analysis, but you know, if it makes people feel comfortable and peaceful to be around me (not everyone feels this way btw!), then it's worth doing.

Mauimagic: you're doing great with your kindnesses. I think it's the spur of the moment things that make a difference. It's really neat she felt comfortable enough to phone you at that hour of the day for help.

Debbie-Cat: thanks for your vote of confidence. Sometimes I am blessed to be able to see the effects of my kindnesses. Other times not. I just love helping people though. My mother wanted me to be a nurse. But I could never handle the chemistry and math courses. I just do what I can to help people bit by bit every day.

I have the added benefit of not having to work outside the home. So I have time. And because DH often takes his bike to work, I also have wheels! And I gladly offer them to my older friends especially.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223