Cool to be kind challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by l8eebugg View Post
    Yesterday..
    Gave up my quarter in grocery cart so a woman wouldn't have to fumble to find one in the cold.
    Awesome job! That's something I can do today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's so good reading this thread and seeing what others are doing.

I love the kindness of giving a quarter for a cart. That is something I would never have thought of.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Haven't been out yet today to do an act of kindness but I received kindness today. A friend of ours stopped for morning coffee...he comes every morning (you know the 'men gossip session') and he brought me some migrane medication that his wife uses. I was very thankful as I have been getting bad ones since I have this head cold. I thought that was very sweet of him.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had to laugh. I had a 'to do' list printed out for yesterday. Because I was in this challenge, and DH was the only person I saw all day, I had 'smile at DH' on the list. He saw it and laughed at me.

I must admit, I had more cause to be kind... DD#2's flight to Halifax was canceled in Ottawa. She ended up spending the night with a stranger in the Holiday Inn. Turns out it was an older lady who is a llama farmer. She had a blast and we found the lady on the Internet...or her farm. In between phone calls to relatives, DD#2, her fiance, etc., I had plenty of opportunities to share a laugh or two with people. Good to be able to cheer people up.

Jean
    Last edited by peanut; 01-02-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I gave away Coke Codes to three fellower villagers, today. Hope it helped them in some small way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by emily_hope View Post
    I gave away Coke Codes to three fellower villagers, today. Hope it helped them in some small way.

That is so cool.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went for my walk this morning and it is like a blizzard outside (but I am determined to lose my weight) so anyway a lady was stuck out on the highway and I helped to push her out. That was my kindness today for far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We took DD#1 on her errands today. We had stuff to do and needed her for something. It evolved into an afternoon long trip. I packed water and snack, and we had fun.

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    Went for my walk this morning and it is like a blizzard outside (but I am determined to lose my weight) so anyway a lady was stuck out on the highway and I helped to push her out. That was my kindness today for far.

Great job, love these kindness acts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    We took DD#1 on her errands today. We had stuff to do and needed her for something. It evolved into an afternoon long trip. I packed water and snack, and we had fun.

Jean
    I think we sometimes forget to do random acts of kindness for our own families. I love this one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Two today!!

Out shopping this morning, a lady right beside my car was looking for a place to put her cart. I took it in for her and used it.
    Then a little later, an older man came up to me asking me if the store carried an item he was looking for. I didn't know and he walked off, he even stopped and asked my DD.
    I ended up going down the aisles until I found the item that he wanted.. took it to him. I even showed him where it was located so he could find it again the future.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tnmom View Post
    Two today!!

Out shopping this morning, a lady right beside my car was looking for a place to put her cart. I took it in for her and used it.
    Then a little later, an older man came up to me asking me if the store carried an item he was looking for. I didn't know and he walked off, he even stopped and asked my DD.
    I ended up going down the aisles until I found the item that he wanted.. took it to him. I even showed him where it was located so he could find it again the future.

As I read these it just does my heart good, kwim. It's wonderful to see and I thank each of you for doing these.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have to mention here how two members have made my day, both acts of kindness by special pms. I want to thank them publicly for touching my heart, on a day when things have been really overwhelming.

Thanks ladies - you're the best!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hunertime View Post
    I went to food for thought again and brought blankets, hats, socks and nail files (we had a lot left from our closed business, thought maybe someone could use them) for the homeless. The men and women I encountered were very happy and guess what they appreciated the most?
    The nail files, a man told me now he doesn't have to bite his nails because someone took his clippers!
    Thanks for the challenge, Candy
    That is so neat. Can you imagine, not having nail clippers. I would have never thought of that. Your very welcome about the challenge.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Told a gentleman in line at store he could go in front of me he only had two items. I needed a price check on an item. He refused, said he was in no hurry.
    I don't have any of these items left, but an idea for someone who might. I used to travel alot and collected the soap, shampoos etc. Found out that they are just what the local women's shelter (domestic violence) likes to have. If you have any floating around I am sure they would appreciate them.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast