Cool to be kind challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    Helped an older gentlemen to the door of a shop. Couldn't believe that he could hardly walk and out paying his bills! He was very thankful and it made me feel good.

Great job Debbie. I love helping older people. They are so sweet and we often forget how we someday will be in the same shoes. Great job!!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did a family kindness today. Ds loves KD, I can't stand it. When he wants it for lunch, I always have him cook it. He asked for it today and asked if I would cook it for him. I smiled and said "sure". He grinned from ear to ear. He was so pleased.

Remember everyone this is Monday so just reminding everyone to do their act of kindness when you can.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got out some craft supplies I've been saving and taught the younger two girls how to do stencil embossing during ODD's guitar lesson. When she came out and wanted to learn, MDD asked if she could teach! I let her.

Also told DH that I will make snacks for him to take to his Friday guys night. Satay cereal mix or choco chip cookies, his choice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just found this challenge. I am so in, since this is what I have been thinking about lately anyway.

The other day when I was shopping with my DH, he noticed that the cashier girl looked like Keira Knightley. I said to the girl "My husband thinks you look like Keira Knightley, and I think you are beautiful too." The way she smiled I am sure she was pleased.
    Easy way to cheer someone up, and it doesn´t cost anything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UUMomof3 View Post
    I got out some craft supplies I've been saving and taught the younger two girls how to do stencil embossing during ODD's guitar lesson. When she came out and wanted to learn, MDD asked if she could teach! I let her.

Also told DH that I will make snacks for him to take to his Friday guys night. Satay cereal mix or choco chip cookies, his choice.
    Great job. It's so fun to be kind to our own families.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iida View Post
    Just found this challenge. I am so in, since this is what I have been thinking about lately anyway.

The other day when I was shopping with my DH, he noticed that the cashier girl looked like Keira Knightley. I said to the girl "My husband thinks you look like Keira Knightley, and I think you are beautiful too." The way she smiled I am sure she was pleased.
    Easy way to cheer someone up, and it doesn´t cost anything.

What a nice way to bring a smile to someone. Great job!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by homesteadmamma View Post
    Great job. It's so fun to be kind to our own families.
    So true, so true! I learned a hard lesson: for a couple of years I volunteered sometimes 30+ hours a week outside of the home, leaving nothing in the gastank for my own family -- and they knew it and felt it. I gave and gave to others, and my family got the leftovers. I've changed. I've decided that while I still love to volunteer, and consider it important and vital, even integral to my being, my first and most precious obligation is to my family. They deserve the best of me, not the leftovers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was out on errands today, so I plastered on a big smile and had a grand time!

Offered to help a blind lady at the health food store. She turned me down, politely, but hey, I asked!

Chatted up a gentleman waiting at the nurse's station at the doctor's office. Chatted up the doctor. Found a doctor friend working there and chatted her up. And chatted up an elderly gentleman who insisted on holding the door open for me on the way out to the parking lot!

Picked up some stuff for DD#1 at the health food store (it's sale day today).

Special supper waiting for DH tonight. Something new...

Also went shopping at the scrapbooking store. Picked up the innards for a family heritage album using my gift cards from Christmas. Might not seem like a 'cool to be kind' thing, but the heritage stuff is really DH's ball of wax, so, whether he realizes it or not (doesn't matter), that was really a kindness to him...me doing a heritage album. On the other hand...I'm not really objecting to do a heritage album!lol

Jean
    Last edited by peanut; 01-05-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A customer brought in a car to be fixed tomorrow and he lived about 5 miles away. DH asked if he had a ride home and he said he was just going to walk. I told him he could absolutely not walk home (it's -20 degrees outside) so I put on my jacket and drove him home. He was so thankful and I told him that there was no way I was letting him walk home in this cold!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gave out kisses to my clients, today. Hershey Kisses that is. LOL! I bought several bags of Christmas Hershey Kisses on sale after Christmas. I divided them in to red, green and silver. Right now, I have the silver ones on my station for the New Year. In February, I will put out the red ones for Valentine's. And, in March, the green ones for St. Patty's Day. The red and green ones are being kept in the freezer until it is their turn. Small gesture, but it brings a smile to many faces.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    I was out on errands today, so I plastered on a big smile and had a grand time!

Offered to help a blind lady at the health food store. She turned me down, politely, but hey, I asked!

Chatted up a gentleman waiting at the nurse's station at the doctor's office. Chatted up the doctor. Found a doctor friend working there and chatted her up. And chatted up an elderly gentleman who insisted on holding the door open for me on the way out to the parking lot!

Picked up some stuff for DD#1 at the health food store (it's sale day today).

Special supper waiting for DH tonight. Something new...

Also went shopping at the scrapbooking store. Picked up the innards for a family heritage album using my gift cards from Christmas. Might not seem like a 'cool to be kind' thing, but the heritage stuff is really DH's ball of wax, so, whether he realizes it or not (doesn't matter), that was really a kindness to him...me doing a heritage album. On the other hand...I'm not really objecting to do a heritage album!lol

Jean

sounds like a wonderful day of being kind. Love it!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    A customer brought in a car to be fixed tomorrow and he lived about 5 miles away. DH asked if he had a ride home and he said he was just going to walk. I told him he could absolutely not walk home (it's -20 degrees outside) so I put on my jacket and drove him home. He was so thankful and I told him that there was no way I was letting him walk home in this cold!
    You're right, it is just too cold to be walking. Glad you were able to give him a ride.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by emily_hope View Post
    Gave out kisses to my clients, today. Hershey Kisses that is. LOL! I bought several bags of Christmas Hershey Kisses on sale after Christmas. I divided them in to red, green and silver. Right now, I have the silver ones on my station for the New Year. In February, I will put out the red ones for Valentine's. And, in March, the green ones for St. Patty's Day. The red and green ones are being kept in the freezer until it is their turn. Small gesture, but it brings a smile to many faces.

Can I be one of your clients. What a sweet gesture and I'm sure many were taken by surprise. Love it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm with homesteadmamma. I want to be one of your clients! Hmmm...chocolate is calling me...you know...I just realized I have this huge chocolate/almond bar in my studio from Christmas...hmmm... I'm going for a fix!

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Peanut, how nice of you to take the time for this young lady. I am the mother of a child with special needs and a special education teacher. I can tell you tfrom lots of experience that very often these young people do not feel like they fit in our society and often have few friends if any. I am sure you made her day by showing genuine concern for her. Keep up the effort, you can really make a difference in her life.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast