Cool to be kind challenge - Page 6
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last night, after I got off from work, my DD19 called me on my cell to tell me that my DMother had called and wanted to go to the neighboring WalMart. She had had to go to the eye doctor yesterday morning and the lady at the desk had a Maxine Perpetual Calendar on her desk. She said she got it at the neighboring WalMart. My DMother went to our WalMart and did not find it. She wanted one for herself and for her DNiece for her birthday. I was tired and still had to fix dinner, but I told her I would take her. We went, but they did not have the Perpetual Calendar. She thanked me and kept saying she was sorry it was a waste of my time. I told her it wasn't a waste of my time that I enjoyed spending time with her.

After I arrived home, I got online and tried to find the calendar to order for her. I can not find one listed anywhere. I'm thinking this lady may have purchased this a while back. If it's a perpetual calendar, she could have had it for years. I will keep looking though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I find that when you are tired, that is usually when someone asks a favor BUT usually you feel the best about doing the deed because you took the time to help them out. WTG!!! You should be proud of yourself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by emily_hope View Post
    Last night, after I got off from work, my DD19 called me on my cell to tell me that my DMother had called and wanted to go to the neighboring WalMart. She had had to go to the eye doctor yesterday morning and the lady at the desk had a Maxine Perpetual Calendar on her desk. She said she got it at the neighboring WalMart. My DMother went to our WalMart and did not find it. She wanted one for herself and for her DNiece for her birthday. I was tired and still had to fix dinner, but I told her I would take her. We went, but they did not have the Perpetual Calendar. She thanked me and kept saying she was sorry it was a waste of my time. I told her it wasn't a waste of my time that I enjoyed spending time with her.

After I arrived home, I got online and tried to find the calendar to order for her. I can not find one listed anywhere. I'm thinking this lady may have purchased this a while back. If it's a perpetual calendar, she could have had it for years. I will keep looking though.

Being tired makes this extra special. You also got to spend some time with her. Then to come home and try to find it online - great job.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Lucky me, snow day today. Last night I picked up a computer that belongs to one of my student's family. They bought is used and were only able to use it a few weeks and it went down. They can't afford to have it fixed or replace it. My BF looked at it and managed to clean it out. They now have a working computer. Can't wait to deliver it back to them tomorrow. So I have to share this kindness with BF.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by l8eebugg View Post
    Lucky me, snow day today. Last night I picked up a computer that belongs to one of my student's family. They bought is used and were only able to use it a few weeks and it went down. They can't afford to have it fixed or replace it. My BF looked at it and managed to clean it out. They now have a working computer. Can't wait to deliver it back to them tomorrow. So I have to share this kindness with BF.
    How nice that you were able to do that for one of your students. That's awesome. They will appreciate it so much. But remember to tell you student that they can't use 'my computer is broken' excuse for anymore late assignments!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great job. I know they will really appreciate that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My kids get one. When we were at the library, they put some tidy on the children's section. Just tucked in or lined up chairs, put the abandoned puzzles and toys away, stacked the books that had been left out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What a gift you are giving them. Great job!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

How sweet of your kids! I bet the library staff really appreciated it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UUMomof3 View Post
    My kids get one. When we were at the library, they put some tidy on the children's section. Just tucked in or lined up chairs, put the abandoned puzzles and toys away, stacked the books that had been left out.
    This one is priceless because when kids do this at a young age, it carries right on through to adulthood. Great job mom!! Thank you kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had a real struggle yesterday. DH was being difficult. I figured I was doing double duty just to be nice to him. After unloading on a friend in the afternoon, I was prepared when he came home in the evening. thank God for friends! Kudos to me for simply getting through the day with a smile on my face and being somewhat sympathetic. Though I did confront him over hot chocolate and tea at the bookstore cafe about whether he was depressed or coming down with something. Some days! Grrr...

By the end of the day it was definitely "coming down with something". I sent him to bed early and took him some tea with echinacea and honey.

I'm not sure that qualifies. Being nice to one's spouse is what you're supposed to do, right? Hmmm...

Chapters...I was nice and let 3 people in line in front of me at the cafe. I was standing there going through my purse looking for my change when they butt in anyway. They had a baby with them.

I had a smile and cheerful chatter for the sales clerk waiting on me at the till (I was picking up an order).

DD#2 phoned on her way to the grocery store at the other end of the country and wanted a chocolate cake recipe on the spot! Well, we eat brownies, not chocolate cake. In the end we settled on sending her all my on-line food links I have bookmarked. I have one on chocolate. So I sat down and e-mailed everything I had to her. Should keep her busy for awhile.

Jean
    Last edited by peanut; 01-08-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Peanut I think being kind to your dh qualitifies, especially when they are being difficult. Great job!! I sometimes have to remind myself to be kind in our home too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Both DH and I are working on a friends computer right now....cleaning it out and reloading for him. That is my good deed for the day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today was an easy-to-be-nice-to-people day. I was out with friends this morning. I bit my tongue several times so I didn't ramble on and on about myself (a fault I have), and smiled a lot. Tried not to complain about DH too much...though I'm afraid I came mighty close. Really thanked a lady who had given a secondhand iron to DD#1. It's so kind of her to pass it on. Another friend gave me ideas on how to knit up some yarn I received for Christmas.

I was kind to a lady who had some artwork on display locally. It's not my style (too dark), but it is interesting. I avoided the 'not my style' part and emphasized the 'interesting' part. I hadn't looked that closely at it when I was near it, so promised to go back and look again...which I did.

Another friend told us she'd been looking for a purse sized planner for this year and couldn't find one. I just happen to have an extra one kicking around and asked if she would like it. She did. So next time we meet, I'll give it to her.

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    Both DH and I are working on a friends computer right now....cleaning it out and reloading for him. That is my good deed for the day.
    I love hearing what others are doing for this challenge. WTG Debbie.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast