Cool to be kind challenge - Page 7
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    Today was an easy-to-be-nice-to-people day. I was out with friends this morning. I bit my tongue several times so I didn't ramble on and on about myself (a fault I have), and smiled a lot. Tried not to complain about DH too much...though I'm afraid I came mighty close. Really thanked a lady who had given a secondhand iron to DD#1. It's so kind of her to pass it on. Another friend gave me ideas on how to knit up some yarn I received for Christmas.

I was kind to a lady who had some artwork on display locally. It's not my style (too dark), but it is interesting. I avoided the 'not my style' part and emphasized the 'interesting' part. I hadn't looked that closely at it when I was near it, so promised to go back and look again...which I did.

Another friend told us she'd been looking for a purse sized planner for this year and couldn't find one. I just happen to have an extra one kicking around and asked if she would like it. She did. So next time we meet, I'll give it to her.

Jean
    Woo hoo, great job!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Another week starting. Don't forget to do your "cool to be kind" challenge this coming week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The only thing I could do today to be kind was take care of my DH who has pnemonia. So bringing him things to drink, tucking him in and listening to his whining. All you women out there knows what it is like when I guy is sick! The earth has stopped spinning until their better!...lol So I think my deed really deserves an award!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    The only thing I could do today to be kind was take care of my DH who has pnemonia. So bringing him things to drink, tucking him in and listening to his whining. All you women out there knows what it is like when I guy is sick! The earth has stopped spinning until their better!...lol So I think my deed really deserves an award!

Yes, an award you should get. They are like a when they get sick. Poor guys!! Sorry to hear your dh has pneumonia, hope he is feeling better soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Debbie-cat..hope your DH gets better soon. How is your FIL? You must have your hands full. Don't forget to take care of yourself or you will not be able to care for those men in your life.

My kindness today was "acting" sad when the Giants lost. My BF is a huge Giants fan. He was so-o-o sad. Poor man!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by l8eebugg View Post
    Debbie-cat..hope your DH gets better soon. How is your FIL? You must have your hands full. Don't forget to take care of yourself or you will not be able to care for those men in your life.

My kindness today was "acting" sad when the Giants lost. My BF is a huge Giants fan. He was so-o-o sad. Poor man!
    Thanks, yes, I spent the day catering to DH and working on my needlwork and reading my novel so I took good care of myself as well. Too funny, I can just picture you acting so sad today for your BF! That is a true act of kindness!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Debbie-cat, I hear you about sick men! Hope your DH is better soon.

I guess I have several acts of kindness. I've been out and about the last couple of days. Spending a lot of time with DH. But we've also been doing our goal setting for the year. This year my goal is to make it as pleasant an experience as possible. I think I've succeeded so far. I didn't blow up when he mentioned moving halfway across the continent at retirement. I just calmly worked him through the expenses of various goals he wants to do...and gave him choices.

We did some errands Saturday and went out for lunch to a new cafe in town. In the evening we lit a fire in the fireplace and watched a movie - my idea, his choice of movie.

I showed up at my church crafting group with nothing to do, so picked up some needles a friend brought and started knitting a dishcloth for charity. We had a new person there and I showed her what I was doing and took an active interest in helping her get started on a project. I re-organized all the yarn we've had donated. I pulled out some to knit a prayer shawl for charity. I offered to drive a young lady home as it was so cold.

Sunday I had several people approach me about a Bible study I'm coordinating. I invited several people too.

I spent time organizing the church library. People have donated books I needed to shelve. I took home the inventory list and retyped it, adding the new books.

I also talked to a friend. We noticed a new family that has been there 2 weeks, wasn't in church. I was going to phone the mom and invite her to crafting and Bible study. We'll see. I've asked the minister for her phone number. The minister knows what's up and she may do it for me. I'm waiting on a phone number. the family is not listed in the phone book.

I packaged up a bunch of stuff for DD#2's birthday and mailed it to her. A lot was stuff she'd forgotten when she left at Christmas. I was tempted to leave it, but, truth be told, I don't want it! And I had these presents to mail anyway...

DH and I did some on-line researching related to our goals and tried to get figures down for them. Then another fire in the fireplace last night...and DH got to chose his favorite DVDs...a "Star Trek" night! I dug out some potato chips and dip DD#2 had left behind. The dip was going to go bad in the fridge. So DH and I had a pig out on very unhealthy food. He was quite content.

I think that's about it...

Jean
    Last edited by peanut; 01-12-2009 at 10:50 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend Jean! Good for you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by l8eebugg View Post

Now I love this one. That is so sweet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Jean, it's so neat to read your kindness threads.

My kindness today is helping a friend with her scrapbooking. She is just starting out and needs some ideas on how to make a box for her granddaughter. Although Mondays are always busy for me, I decided to take some time out and help her.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That is so nice of you homesteadmamma! I am sure she will really appreciate it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well I almost made it. Today I blew up at DH when we went to check out CAA for travel insurance for upcoming trips. He was very rude to the lady behind the counter (he does not believe in insurance) and then wanted to know why I was upset with him. So I told him. Sigh... we made up later, but it threw my whole day off.

We went to a naturopath. She was very knowledgeable. I thanked her at the end for being so open/understanding and willing to share her knowledge. I don't think she expected it. She seemed a bit embarassed. She had some good ideas of things to do, and she and DH got along fine. I was happy about that. It's always much easier when he is on board about treatment.

Other than that my kindness was to field a phone call from DD#2 and send her more money for university. I warned her this is approaching the end. She has already cost us as much as her sister in half the amount of time. She will have to learn to cut corners and pay her own way. We'll see if she can manage to stay east or if she'll have to move back west for work. Is tough love an act of kindness?

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    Well I almost made it. Today I blew up at DH when we went to check out CAA for travel insurance for upcoming trips. He was very rude to the lady behind the counter (he does not believe in insurance) and then wanted to know why I was upset with him. So I told him. Sigh... we made up later, but it threw my whole day off.

We went to a naturopath. She was very knowledgeable. I thanked her at the end for being so open/understanding and willing to share her knowledge. I don't think she expected it. She seemed a bit embarassed. She had some good ideas of things to do, and she and DH got along fine. I was happy about that. It's always much easier when he is on board about treatment.

Other than that my kindness was to field a phone call from DD#2 and send her more money for university. I warned her this is approaching the end. She has already cost us as much as her sister in half the amount of time. She will have to learn to cut corners and pay her own way. We'll see if she can manage to stay east or if she'll have to move back west for work. Is tough love an act of kindness?

Jean
    Even though you blew up at dh, you still carried on with being kind. Sometimes that just happens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by emily_hope View Post
    Last night, after I got off from work, my DD19 called me on my cell to tell me that my DMother had called and wanted to go to the neighboring WalMart. She had had to go to the eye doctor yesterday morning and the lady at the desk had a Maxine Perpetual Calendar on her desk. She said she got it at the neighboring WalMart. My DMother went to our WalMart and did not find it. She wanted one for herself and for her DNiece for her birthday. I was tired and still had to fix dinner, but I told her I would take her. We went, but they did not have the Perpetual Calendar. She thanked me and kept saying she was sorry it was a waste of my time. I told her it wasn't a waste of my time that I enjoyed spending time with her.

After I arrived home, I got online and tried to find the calendar to order for her. I can not find one listed anywhere. I'm thinking this lady may have purchased this a while back. If it's a perpetual calendar, she could have had it for years. I will keep looking though.
    This sounds like a "Hallmark" item. Did you look near the card section? I tried Hallmark online, but no luck there. When I bought my perpetual calendar years ago at Hallmark, I'm sure they had Maxine. I'd check at the Hallmark store if you have one close by. Hope you can locate them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Talked to DD#1 last night. The naturopath wants me to go on a low carb diet. Means the sourdough starter has to go. I offered it to DD#1 before tossing it. Good thing. She wants it. So I'll freeze it for her until she can come to pick it up.

Jean

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast