Cool to be kind challenge - Page 8
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Peanut, glad you found a home for your sourdough starter.

My kindness today was NOT telling my new boss what I really think! Does that count?
    My my new student lunch, she had no $.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I would say it counts as kindness when you don't tell your boss off....lol. Good for you by holding your tongue! and for buying your new student lunch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree! sometimes holding our tongue is the nicest thing we can do, and very few people know how to do it anymore...self included...sigh.

Well I think my act of kindness yesterday was to not get all warped out of shape when I found out the minutes of the last meeting hadn't been sent to me...and I was supposed to read them out last night (I'm secretary for this group). I phoned 3 people and finally found a lady who had a copy and was very angry about them. I calmed her down and assured her I was not responsible for them, having been sick and not at the previous meeting. Then I invited her to walk to and from the meeting with me...which she accepted. I hope I smoothed the waters. I made the necessary changes to the minutes.

Jean

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by l8eebugg View Post
    Peanut, glad you found a home for your sourdough starter.

My kindness today was NOT telling my new boss what I really think! Does that count?
    My my new student lunch, she had no $.

Yes that counts as a kindnes I would say.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    I agree! sometimes holding our tongue is the nicest thing we can do, and very few people know how to do it anymore...self included...sigh.

Well I think my act of kindness yesterday was to not get all warped out of shape when I found out the minutes of the last meeting hadn't been sent to me...and I was supposed to read them out last night (I'm secretary for this group). I phoned 3 people and finally found a lady who had a copy and was very angry about them. I calmed her down and assured her I was not responsible for them, having been sick and not at the previous meeting. Then I invited her to walk to and from the meeting with me...which she accepted. I hope I smoothed the waters. I made the necessary changes to the minutes.

Jean
    It's so neat to read how you're being kind each day. Love it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My kindness fixed a real screw-up last night. Last night was bookclub. I forgot about it, the neighbour called and asked if I was going. Whoops I said, I'd pick her up in a min. We went to the library, no one was there. We came home, I called the supervisor and she was sick and asked if I would go back and make sure there was no one waiting. It was -45 here last night, however I got back in the van, picked my neighbour up again and headed over to the library. When we got there, two people were waiting. I would rather have been home, let me tell you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That was nice of you homesteadmamma! I understand how hard it is to go out in the cold. I didn't go anywhere yesterday!!! The only thing I did nice yesterday was give my DS and DH a hug and kiss!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Someone (who wants to be anonymous) who is doing this challenge was a total dear and sent me a baby blanket for my friend who just had the baby a few months ago. How totally sweet of her!! My friend will love it!! I am heading near her house on Friday and I am so excited!! I can't wait to see it!!

**hugs** Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That is really nice!!! How awesome are the people on this site hey???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hunertime View Post
    I am so impressed with all the kindness spreading Keep up the great job!
    I gave my gloves to a little one that didn't have any today, she was very thankful. There is something about a little one that say thanks without a parent saying "what do you say?" and she did it all on her own. Candy

That is so neat. I too am impressed with all the kindness being spread by members here. Great job everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zakity View Post
    Someone (who wants to be anonymous) who is doing this challenge was a total dear and sent me a baby blanket for my friend who just had the baby a few months ago. How totally sweet of her!! My friend will love it!! I am heading near her house on Friday and I am so excited!! I can't wait to see it!!

**hugs** Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

Can't wait to hear what she has to say. This challenge is just so much fun to read each day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well today I helped a friend re-pot a plant. She didn't know how to do it and I had done it before. She was very thankful.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had a couple of kindnesses... DH and I went to the grocery store this morning and I teased him about wanting to buy fresh berries for smoothies when we already had frozen ones in the house. He was good humoured with me...but that wasn't the kindness. I made sure to chat with the cashier and smile at her.

DH and I also saw the naturopath today. She gave us encouraging news, if expensive. She had told us she was going to give us three price ranges to work with. In the end she only gave us one...because she knew it would work. It was expensive. My kindness was to chat her up and bow to DH on this one. It will mean major revamping of the budget. And if DD#2 decides to get married, we could be in trouble financially. I don't like this. But I was polite and thanked her for all the information. She actually complimented DH and I as we went out the door - saying we worked well together as a team. LOL I'm not reading anything more into that than she said! Ultimately the decision on whether I follow this protocol rests on DH, because he has to deal with the side effects of it not working (well, me too...but he has to convince me it isn't working, and that's not easy.).

Then today I had a friend over and listened to her pour out her heart on various things. She listened to me too, bless her soul. And then we prayed together and both felt a lot better. Sometimes praying with someone is worth far more than anything you can give them or do for them.

That's it so far today.

Jean
    Last edited by peanut; 01-14-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today, I stalked everyone I know that would appreciate the free shampoo coupon from Suave.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just shows...small things that we do for others mean so much.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast