Cool to be kind challenge
Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cool to be kind challenge

CBC has been showing a "cool to be kind" section each night on the late night news for the past week. It has really inspired me.

Looking at all that is going on around us with the economy, lay-offs and such I thought it would be neat to have our own "cool to be Kind" challenge for the next coming months. I've noticed people getting grumpier and grumpier and it seems that they've forgotten to smile. I think we can all make things better, even when it doesn't cost us money.

It's not to show off that we are better than anyone else, it's to try to make our world a better place. We can send a card, give a hug or a word of encouragement, send a pm to someone here. We can bring a tray of cookies to a neighbour or visit a nursing home. There are so many little things we can do to brighten someone's day and by doing so make our day even better. We don't have to mention names if we don't want too, there isn't a need for that. It's about being kind to others so that they in return might be kind to someone they know. It's about spreading happiness around even when we don't feel like it at times.

Anyone want to join in?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a beautiful post and challenge. I would love to join in.

My family use to be in charge of families in need at Christmas ( for our volunteer organization) in California and we loved it every year. Since we moved we are no longer in charge ( which relieves stress...lol and time for other things) but still help here , donate and like to drop off cookies etc to friends. We make up trays for DH's work etc and always seems to bring smile.

Everyone could use a hug, smile, kind work or a pick me up. Thanks for the inspiration and post we will try to think of something special to do for a family at our church tonight.

Hugs and Blessings

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am in as well. I love this sort of thing....making other people happy. You have a kind heart homesteadmamma!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in as well, Now I just have to put on my thinking cap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd love to join.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What a nice thought. I am going to join in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in! What a great "challenge"!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in on this one with you all...
    We invited all the foreign exchange students that had no where to go for the holiday from the local college here for Thanksgiving. We have decided we will be doing the same thing for Christmas. I love knowing that those kids that are so far away from home and have no where to go will have a "family" type holiday and NOT spend the day alone. Out of the five that was invited only two came for Thanksgiving, so I am hoping more will be able to join us on Christmas. So far only one has said yes, and he was here for Thanksgiving so we already know him.
    I don't want anyone left alone at the college dorms this time of year missing their own families so far away. I love being able to "spread" the holiday cheer and hope to continue this all the while my girls are in college! (Maybe even after they are done!)
    To smile and share costs nothing, and you never know. You may be the only person all day long that has shared a smile with someone!

I am hoping to find other ways to share the spirit of kindness, hopefully others will catch it!
    Thanks so much for the challenge, it really is wonderful to be kind to others!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Here is the link to CBC in case you want to read the stories they've shown so far. These are big "cool to be kind". It doesn't have to be big to be kind.

http://www.cbc.ca/national/blog/spec...ol_to_be_kind/

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This sounds like a great challenge. I have been doing lots of this kind of stuff throughout the holiday season but I would like to challenge myself to start off with one random act each week starting in January and continuing throughout 2009. Thanks so much for this wonderful idea. I am trying to set my goals for next year and this will definitely be great to add to my list.

Heidi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love this idea! And I like Heidi's idea of kicking off the new year with it. Maybe we can challange ourselves to do one kind "out of the ordinary" thing each week in 2009! It might be lots of fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Boyz View Post
    I love this idea! And I like Heidi's idea of kicking off the new year with it. Maybe we can challange ourselves to do one kind "out of the ordinary" thing each week in 2009! It might be lots of fun!

We sure can.

I started mine yesterday. I sent a pm and through that a little gift will be going out to a complete stranger who is having financial struggles. It just feels so good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What a great challenge Homesteadmomma!! I am deffinately in. I love this kind of thing.

My first thing that I will be doing I had planned for weeks, but this is it.

Tomorrow (hopefully depending on weather) or christmas eve I will be visiting the "old peoples home" in the next community. My friends grandmother just moved up there a couple of weeks ago. Her family lives in Alberta and she needed to move up there because she just cannot shovel snow and things like that anymore, also her house is not in good condition. I know that this will be a hard holiday season for her because of her family away and because it will be her first one out of her house. I will be visiting with a gift for her, and my mom is going with me, we think we may do a fruit basket or something of that sort as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is a wonderful reminder! I need to do those little things more often, even if I think I'm in a hurry. I need to slow down more & enjoy the little things around me. It bring so much more into my life when I take time to see those things. I try to let others in line go ahead of me, but I don't do it often enough. Its such a small thing & many are very grateful. With everything that is happening around us, what better time to bring a little kindness & joy to others. Not sure what all I can do, but I'm going to give it a lot of thought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in too!!!!!

Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast