Nesting Challenge
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Nesting Challenge

We are down to the wire here, and the house is not even close to being ready for the baby. When does the "nesting" kick in?! I have had spurts here and there where I've been really motivated to clean, but mostly I'm just too exhausted to bother. I physically can't vacuum anymore, been having to get DH to do that. (It just kills my pelvis and back) SO, since I am due in a couple of weeks I am officially challenging myself to get my butt in gear. I still work 40 hours a week, so I have to do this in the evenings, but it MUST get done before I go into labor! I'd die of embarrassment right now if I had the baby and company came over. The house has just turned into a disaster the last trimester. I *had* our bedroom really clean and then my dog decided to throw up all over the bed this morning. Sigh. So now I'm behind on laundry even worse than before. Anyway, I could use some encouragement/motivation! I'm going to make myself post what I've accomplished everyday so you guys can hold me accountable!!! Wish me luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hang in there Margaret. When I was pregnant the nesting instinct kicked in about a week before my son was born and I got ALOT accomplished that week. I had energy to burn! If you need to rest now, do it. It is almost over and you will be so overwhelmed with joy when he comes. There is nothing better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I really only felt like nesting one day before my water broke. I did get alot done though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ah, nothing like dog vomit to get you in that cleaning mode.

Good luck and I will expect to see progress reports DAILY!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Debbie is right, don't worry about it! The nesting will kick in and you will get a ton done. With my first, I had so much energy, that I not only cleaned our entire house, I got out a q-tip and cleaned my keyboard with it...how weird is that?

Plus, maybe you'll have a nice friend or family member who will sneak in while you are in the hospital and clean things up! When my neighbor had her daughter last spring, I snuck in while they were in the hospital (I didn't actually sneak in...I had a key and was taking care of their dog). Anyhoo, she was a few weeks early, and wasn't "ready" for the baby. So, I did all her dishes and laundry, washed floors, dusted, picked up and stocked them up on the grocery basics and put a couple of casseroles in the fridge. She was so happy when she got home, you would have thought I'd gone through labor for her!

Don't worry, you'll get everything done. I think you go into panic mode during the last trimester, but you'll get there. I remember with both kids, getting a huge burst of energy about a week before they were both born! Good luck!