2009 Get a Project Done Each Month Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile This sound do-able...

I'm in...Take care and God bless.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sweet! I'm in on this one! Mine are not major projects, but little things that I never seem to get around to--mainly just organizing and rearranging stuff. I'm going to come up with 12 and put them in my signature line!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by homesteadmamma View Post
    Another one I'm in on. We re re-decorating the house and I have a seperate challenge for me. I'll join this one too because it'll mean we have to do a room a month. Our January one will be to get dd's room done.
    YEP! ME TOO! Our tiny little house needs to be COMPLETELY cleaned & get rid of a LOT of STUFF! January is going to be the month that I get the office tidal wave from you know where dealt with! In fact, my SIL is coming over New Year's day to help condense the 3 bookshelves that we have into 2 ~ & help me deal with the odds & ends that are on the shelves of dh's (like computer wires etc) & get EVERYTHING organized! She is SO great at that kind of thing! So I hit her up tonight & asked her when she thought she could come over (if she would pretty pretty please!) & help, since she is so great at it! She mentioned New Years Day (which is funny cuz I don't mind doing that stuff on my days off & she doesn't either but quite a few people I know wouldn't want to do it on that ONE day off... kwim?) ~ So Thursday, at least part of my office should be done!!!

& then onto my dreaded bedroom, reorganizing my kitchen cabinets & pantry, oh the list does go on! ALTHO!!! I can't wait til it's ALL DONE!

You can so count me on this one!

Kim

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketlegs View Post
    Okay I decided on the bathrooms first. One is just a half bath.

The list of what needs doing in them is a mile long. Some I can do myself and I already have the tools and supplies to do them.

Some I need my DH for.

Some I need $$$ for.

So I am just going to do the best I can using what I have to work with in the time alloted dh willing!! LOL

Paint the wood waincotting..is that right, the wood that runs from floor to shoulder high up the walls??
    Paint the doors and all the trim
    Paint the cabinets
    All this is done is Muslin enamel and I have the paint and supplies already

Scrub everything, clean out cabinets and drawer.

Pull up the vynal floor in Dhs half bath(mine is up already and waiting for tile)

Take down wall paper in both bathrooms--sigh, at least they are small rooms

Paint walls in both bathrooms( have paint for my bath, will ask dh about color for his)

Take popcorn ceilings down and redo smooth in both bathrooms.

Paint ceilings

Spray frost on window to get rid of musty curtain in shower--WHY would anyone put a window in a SHOWER???

Take down glass shower doors and put up new or use shower curtain and rod.

Take down old shower tiles and put up new backer board and tiles. It is old and yuckola.

Buy 6 new pewter knobs to match towel rods, tp holder etc

New lights on both baths--1980 in there now

2 sink faucets/1 tub faucet, shower head set

3 new door knobs

3 new ceramic switch plates and plug covers

Finish with tiling the floor (we are currently in the hall so baths are next.

Well I am now exhausted and I will be using my Lowes coupon!
    Spray frost on window to get rid of musty curtain in shower--WHY would anyone put a window in a SHOWER??? YEAH WE ASKED THE SAME THING when we moved into this rental house! apparently they had had a fire & had to redo everything here ~ child playing w/matches apparently~anyway, they redesigned the bathroom but left the stinkin window where it was but now resides INSIDE the SHOWER! SAY WHAT????!!!

THEY COULD'VE AT LEAST GOT RID OF THE WINDOW!

Master Dollar Stretcher LastDragonfly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cricketlegs and jessiesbride,
    can you put up the reflective or black film on that window? I know that I worked in an office that had a weird window in the bathroom, and we put up film from Lowes or Homedepot...worked like a charm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Penascodragonfly View Post
    Cricketlegs and jessiesbride,
    can you put up the reflective or black film on that window? I know that I worked in an office that had a weird window in the bathroom, and we put up film from Lowes or Homedepot...worked like a charm.
    Idk, but that sure sounds like a GREAT IDEA!!! I will have to speak to my dh about that! right now there is a 1/2 shower curtain up that the landlords put there & it is always in the way! you know, your washing yourself, & all of a sudden there is this nasty thing touching you!!! lol! Thanks for the tip tho pensacodragonfly!

Kim

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My project for Jan is going to be make a room by room photo inventory of all our belongings.

We have lived in this home for over a year and a half and I am embarassed to say that we have NO inventory for insurance purposes! You'd think that'd be the first thing we would have done since I lost everything in the fire in 2006! What am I thinking!?

We, together, own so much now. We had to( well, I had to, he just wanted all new stuff so he sold all his stuff) buy everything new when we moved into our beautiful new life.

So, photo inventory will be done in January.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great challenge! WIll definatley join!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in for this one. My first goal is to clean out and organize our utility room. With that I will also be cleaning out our freezer, our extra refrigerator, and my stockpile. I am suppose to paint and redo my daughters room in January also but the utility room is my goal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am definitely in on this challenge. Our home has been in a constant state of remodel since we bought it 7 years ago. There is still many things that I need to do and want to do. We just finally finished our sons room after starting that last year. So I'm in on this bigtime. It will make me stay on target and get the stuff done once and for all!

Word of caution to the shower window frost users. I to have a bathroom with a window smack in the middle of the shower. The frost will wear off from the humidity of the room in about a years time if that long. It will start flaking off, then falling off in chunks. We are now needing to scrape the rest of the frost off of the window and try something else. About a year ago we found this product at Lowes that was a static cling type of window covering, you could get textured, frosted, crackled, stained glass etc. We decided at that time to spray frost the window. Big mistake. But they don't carry the static cling ones anymore just the permanent film in the same variety. So we are going to try that, I am thinking of doing the stained glass look. It's sold on the same aisle (at my Lowes) as the curtains so you might want to check with yous.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great challenge! My project for January is to organize the closet in my living room.

My apartment is tiny and doesn't have much storage so this closet pretty much holds everything from my window unit air conditioner, laundry supplies, kitchen supplies, cleaning supplies, pet supplies, fans, luggage, etc.

I have struggle with this space for years. I rent, so I can't put in a closet organizing system (I couldn't afford it anyway) and the shelving sold at places like Target or Home Depot don't allow me to use the space effectively. What I really need is a few boards and some cinder blocks. A little WT I know, but its the best solution I could come up with. Does anybody know where I can get cinder blocks and boards cheaply??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am in on this one as well. Great challenge Madhen. My frist challenge will be to reorganize the master bedroom, its where everything gets put to lately and it is a big mess.

Registered User writtenonmybody's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in. Will need to think what I want to do in Jan. I think I need to organize my photos. (finally!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'd like to do this challenge too. Right now the area I'd like to work on is my bathroom. I have a lot of areas of the house half finished. Might be time to look at gussying the place up, as my Gram used to say!

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great challenge!! In January I need to clean and straighten my spare bedroom. Just moved into our town home three months ago and it seems like everything that really didnt have a home was put into this room. Especially during the holidays. And it is suppose to be a room just for me to do my scrapbooking and genealogy. Would help if I could get to my computer and my scrapbook supplies. So this will be my project for January.

Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast