Fling 2009 Things in 2009 Challenge!! - Page 102
Page 102 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1943

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DebC-I wish I had personal onstar right. I just have to keep my emotions low key and discuss the money damages later at a family meeting in $ lost for items they want.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW, yes, but I don't do local murders, so your secret would be safe with me.

I used to use that "rile mom up until she lets me off the hook" ruse all the time! Nice to know that some of the classics are still out there!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Prayers going out for you today, FrugalWarrior! Progress is progress, no matter how much. Before and after pictures might not be such a bad idea - you'll always be reminded of just how much progress you did make!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

86 things gone today between cutting up old clothes, Goodwill, and dumpster day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wandered around the house picking up stuff. I swear, rusty nails SPROUT from the ground around here!! Ended up with a good-sized lawn/leaf bag full of things, including a bunch of old cords and such that I used to use around the tack room, old rusted scrap, hay twine, a battery (!), and bits of paper debris. Giving myself 50 points for the effort of FINDING all the stuff, as well as flinging it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Everyone is still alive so far and has been helpful.
    Madhen-Shame on you for doing that to your mother. Don't you know everything she does is w/ your best interest in mind. Look at all this waste. What a shame, We could have gotten those new shoes you wanted. I'm so disappointed because I was going to surprise you. Don't feel guilty though I understand you didn't mean it. You'll think about things before you act next time. Don't mention this to your father though he won't be quite so understanding.
    Don't you just feel like running in front of a car now, that was my mom. She could make the pope cry and repent. All with a sad smile. My dad you could rile to a point. If his neck was red you were ok. But if his anger had reached the point where his eyes glowed red you were toast. He hunched his shoulders and his arm got eight feet long. You couldn't never get away fast enough. He would grab your shoulder in a pinch that would tickle while it hurt because he got a nerve. You would confess to anything. He must have studied under Spock cuz' you were going down!! LOL And I never deserved any of it. Just cause my nickname was Miss Sassymouth.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bought 2 new shelving units,the kind that hold 2000# and will get 2 more if I can. They were on sale for $45. a the K-mart. I have a long way to go but I am excited about the area again. In 2 weeks I will stand back and smile. We pitched 5 garbage bags of junk today. and donated at least 10 things. I pitched 1 bent up shelving unit and there will be more. Gotta go do more. My waist better be smaller in 2 weeks.!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You were braver than I was. I NEVER tried anything with my father. That was like poking Death in the face.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Madhen- 5th fastest runner in Elementary school. Poke. Poke.
    Anyhoo
    filled 1 of my new 72" high 2000# holding wonder shelves. Love it. Pulled out 3 wimpy small 30" shelves. Still a huge mess on the floor and a small grocery store in the MIL. (sob-it was so clean)
    Hadn't really planned on a design. But its going to be AWESOME. And yes I have no life. My DH managed to back up the sewer into the bsmt. He dumped the canned goods into the toilet instead of the garbage disposal. I have about 40 more to dump but I'll do it when he's somewhere else. He's such an ID 10T at times. Sorry. He also put all the sharp lids in the recycle too. He's really more work than I can take today. Crabby me?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

65 things flung in the shape of 64 books and a shoe rack, as talked about above. We removed a box of books from the house and put it in storage. However, we also took 3 boxes of books from the storage and bought 2 pairs of snow shoes, a bicycle tire, a camera bag, a canister, and some measuring cups. The net loss/gain was 57 things OUT!

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Flung 2 more rusty pantry shelves. Now all the old ones are out of the room. Got one more bag of garbage and a bag of cardboard to recycle.
    Floor of the pantry is still a mess. Groceries blocking the closet and all over the MIL apt. Tomorrow out to the other kmart to hunt down more shelving and to continue this project. I estimate a week and I can nail it??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today's the antique mart thingy. I have 4 frames sold, hopefully the woman who wanted them will show up and buy them! Yesterday at the white elephant I got a decorator plate in box (royal worcester) and a wooden canister from the 50's with a rooster and "cookies" on it to sell. Hopefully, they sell today!

I forgot, we bought a new coffee pot this week. we've been looking for a French press coffee maker with an insulated carafe, bigger than 3 cup, and that we like. Most of the ones we found online were around $100, so we didn't just rush out an buy one. I found one for $50 before my dentist appt. earlier this week, so we have that too. I didn't add it, as DH is giving me our old insulated coffee maker to sell today too!

He's getting into this a bit. He got a new SEE ME vest for bike riding during hunting season, dayglow green. He said he was all mad 'cause he can't find the old one to take to the dump! I can't hardly believe it, I've finally got him talking about the notion that if we bring something in, we should take something OUT!

We got snowshoes on sale yesterday, his crosscountry skis are in the attic. I know he wants to keep his poles, but maybe I can convince him we should take the skis today too?

I'd pass them along in the family, but NOBODY is as tall as he is, over 6', so that wouldn't work.

I was being industrious last night, so the massage table, the table top, the saw horse, and the antique folding table (the last for sale) are already in the car. I have to add the other stuff that I'm putting up for sale today, but the stuff that has to go in first is there!

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Go Judy Go!! Very impressive.
    Flung
    -2 more bags of garbage. Can't wait until we can put it all out tonight again. I thought my DH would complain because his closet is blocked off but he said "It's worth it and it looks quite impressive". COOL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've decided to go through my cold room/storage room. It's time to whittle down the canning supplies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very cool, fw!! Sounds like it didn't turn out quite as horrible as you feared!!