Fling 2009 Things in 2009 Challenge!! - Page 103
Page 103 of 130 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1943
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Madhen-it's awful in there and I won't quit until it's not. I bought 2 more units today. Dh is putting them together right now. DS is refusing to help. If I work all day today I can begin to put it back together. I cannot do the MIL drywall until then so that is my incentive. I'm just a bit overwhelmed today. All the clutter everywhere. But it's no worse than the MIL apt mess and I did that. So onward.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good for you for being so determined! That is how things get done and I am sure you will be so pleased with how it turns out that all the work will be worth it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good work, fw!!

When I get overwhelmed, I try to remember the old adage about how to eat an elephant: one bite at a time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

16 things TO the dump 2 FROM the dump, (+14)

I sold: thank you notes, 2 paperbacks, an urn, a bowl, the antique folding table, an icecream condiment container, and the 4 frames (for the gallery) (+10)
    Bought 2 books and a wire basket. (-3)

I forgot! I gave a rack to a dealer today too, a wooden dish thing like from Crate & Barrel.

22 more things shed than acquired. My total has been adjusted accordingly!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Keep at it Judi.

Took all the garbage out and the shelves have already been snatched. 2 more garbage bags gone. All the new shelves are in place (4). I have 2 partially full and a ton more to sort. By next Sunday I want to be starring at my shiny clean,updated pantry and have all the stuff out of the MIL. The tree cutters are coming for an estimate Mon. evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Snuck out the last 2 shelving units and they should be gone sometime tonight. Took 3 more bags of garbage out. Their going to riot if I don't tip them soon. I also emptied 2 or 3 more tubs into the pantry. i think I'm cooked tonight. My lungs are starting to squeeze. Later Mon. may be a good time to go at it again. Chow. (get it ,Pantry) Funny if your tired.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You continue to impress me, FW. Your determination is great, well done!!

I flung some expired coupons today. It was an effort - though I feel silly saying that. I think I frequently fall into apathy because things are pretty good already. I don't have a TON of work to do, so I tend to not do any work at all. I suppose it feels like there will always be time to do it. And it never gets completely out of hand - its just that for every little job, it takes so much effort to drudge up the motivation to get started. Does anybody else struggle with this?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Judi- (regarding the dryer) Dh finally figured how to get the door off and vaccumned the death out of it. It was full. Design flaw (dangerous one). I was placidly thinking it was safe as I cleaned the filter everytime. Gee. Dummy me.
    It seems to be heating so far and DH says he can replace both coils for about $40. each and 10 minutes work. That would be good as I have 2 trees I want estimates on removal next week. Anyway thanks for all your input and effort.

Up early working on the pantry. Will go to Sams Club today, after dropping DD at school, to buy some foods to fill in. I want to get all the current food back intop the pantry today so I can take more out of the cupboards to check. This,like all my projects apparently, is involved.

Spoke too soon didn't heat up again. Stupid me most of my jeans are in there. God,please don't make make use those laundromat stinky,samoky dryers. It is raining like crazy too. Hmff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior View Post
    Judi- (regarding the dryer) Dh finally figured how to get the door off and vaccumned the death out of it. It was full. Design flaw (dangerous one). I was placidly thinking it was safe as I cleaned the filter everytime. Gee. Dummy me.
    It seems to be heating so far and DH says he can replace both coils for about $40. each and 10 minutes work. That would be good as I have 2 trees I want estimates on removal next week. Anyway thanks for all your input and effort..
    Whether it was the lint in the cabinet or it's the coils, cleaning the lint from the cabinent is a GOOD thing! The other thing that typically failed in the machines I saw was the thermostat, but your DH is in a much better place to know/look/diagnose than I am way over here!

btw, give yourself a fling point for all that lint!

I started cataloging the 7th box of books this a.m., that's what I've done today!

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Emptied 3 more tubs and organized a bunch of items. Dh is being - "grouchy" yah thats the word i"ll use this morning. (Go away)
    i pretty much have a general idea where most things will go. Just a matter of sorting out the bad dates and shelving the stuff left in the MIL. Then theres still the floor and the dreaded cupboards.EEEEk k k!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

7th box cataloged, 8th started. This has resulted in book stacks all over my kitchen which I need to clean up tonight before I go any further!

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

60 more clothing items packed in the car to drop off tomorrow. It's sad to say that I found a set of blues clues sheets and my youngest is now 13.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I flung 7 more items today but I was forced to by Mother Nature. My hubby sat down to a bowl of cereal and let the expletives fly. There was itsy bitsy teeny weeny ants crawling on his cereal. Oh great, that only meant one thing for me. Yup I took everything out of the pantry and anything that was opened went in the trash. I threw out 3 (not much left) boxes of cereal, one box of ice cream cones, 2 bags of almost gone chips, and one bag of candy, but not chocolate thank goodness or it would have been my first time to eat a chocolate covered ant!! I'm taking this as a sign that fall is officially here and the ants will be busy trying to swipe any food they can.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Threw away 7 magazines while watching "Hoarders." Hmm...this show may be good for me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

MH,

Your comment made me finally go look. I dont' have the sound turned on and I didn't watch an entire episode, but I watched a bit of each episode I saw. Sad to say there's things there that remind me of my house, but others don't. I have one cat (although a stray has been petitioning for residency this summer) and way too much stuff, some of it in not so neat piles, like the folks on Hoarders. I wonder if I'm so different?

I use the mess as a safety net, not the stuff, but the actual clutter. Is is better if you understand what you're doing and why? Or if you're fighting it? I don't know.

Box 7 has 83 books in it to go away tomorrow. Box 8 is only 1/2 filled and has 20 in it right now, it'll be filled before I deliver it to the bookstore tomorrow a.m. There's another 23 books in the swap shop (dump) bin, unless one of my neighbors who's a trekkie decides he wants the 22 st books, that's where they're going. So today I've decided to purge another 126 books. I hate to say this, but you won't be able to tell, as most of these came from the 3 boxes we brought in this weekend. I plan to take the 1 box that's packed of stuff I need to research/keep back to the storage, but that just puts us at a breakeven point, not a gain for the house, sigh.

I also have a box of 4 notebooks and 2 aprons that need to get shipped out to my SIL for my neices. I can get that in the mail tomorrow, that would actually get 6 things out of here.

Oh yeah, there's 1 or 2? more notebooks in the swap shop bin too.

In some ways the part that disturbed me the most was the average age of the folks, 50, right around my age when I closed the store and the messiness became the horror it is now.

i was always messy, well nearly always, but when i closed the store and the last 50-100(?) boxes of books wound up in the house, it became a habitrail, like the houses in Hoarders. Most of those boxes had paperbacks in them, around 55 each (same size boxes I've been selling.) so you have to figure that when I closed the store, that was say 75 boxes @ 55 books per box or something over 3,500 books that moved in here and overwhelmed the place.

This year and the end of last year I've given a box this size to a library, a friend in CA, another friend whose husband will donate it to a vet center, sold 2 to another friend, for another 330 out, and that's not including any of the books that were in the 6 boxes I've delivered.

Sigh. I still have about 1/2 a med. storage unit left and most of a large unit packed full of books.

Maybe I should make that 2009 challenge three times or five? Although i doubt I have time before the end of the year.

Judi