Frugal Village Forums banner

Fling 2009 Things in 2009 Challenge!!

71K views 2K replies 50 participants last post by  Judi Dial 
#1 ·
I enjoyed the fall fling in 2008, but now that I've flung 1,000 items, I want to see if I can de-clutter even further.

I am starting two months' late, but I am going to try to fling 2009 things this year. Just to add a twist, though, if I bring anything (other than groceries or necessary items [i.e, new hammer or something]) INTO the house, I am going to subtract it from my total flung. :) So skeins of yarn, strings of beads, new clothes, all that stuff, if it is semi-permanent, it gets counted against things flung.

As of tonight, I am at zero, and I hope to get things started moving OUT of the house tomorrow! :)

#1,428 ·
Thanks Judy. I am needy that way.LOL Seriously the support helps. We dumped a van load at S.A. today. I clean 3 of the shelves in the linen closet (large job as I stockpile hygiene items there). Winter wardrobe wash going so so because of fritzy dryer-ARRGGH. Intermittent heat-iffy coil.
I think I'm done for for the night. Need more sleep and I have to get our new schedule down. Then I will know how much time I have for flinging.

#1,429 ·
Six more items out the door. Three unopened bags of mini-marshmallows and three opened bags of choc chips. All purchased around this time LAST year for Christmas. The chocolate did not hold up well to the summer heat - looked terrible and had a chalky consistency. The marshmallows looked like one solid mass in each bag. Because I only use these items for Christmas baking, which I give away, I didn't want to use substandard stuff.

#1,431 ·
cleaned out the deacons bench and my greeting card box
-6" of greeting cards
-wire basket
-garbage bag of ribbon,tissue paper,decorative lunch bags,crepe paper,halloween decor,etc.
-3 sheep candle
-3 large ceramic cats
-7 duplicate cookbooks
made DS clean behind the entertainment center-so 1 bag of garbage,one mopped area and 1 angry teen
( told him if he didn't clean i would sell the entertainment center and tv)

#1,434 · (Edited)
Geckoace-It was a set. Hmppph.LOL
Todays dumping tally is
-1 set drapes
-2 new puzzles
-stuffed gingerbread man
-new purse
-pepper grinder
-h.m. pillowcase
-3 mugs
-wood jewelry box w/ Emmet Kelly clown
-Lovenox and sharps-to the pharmacy (had them 4.5 years so dangerous to be a clutterbug.)
Cleaned out my other dresser to make room for winter clothes.
Got another 2 shelves of linen closet done but still waiting on linens because of -DRYER.
Harder now w/ kids in school. I am chauffer. Go Judy,GO.

#1,438 ·
O.k.
-6 Norman Rockwell plates
-huge box of plates/cups/china
-twist cone maker
-lead crystal sled
-3 tubes new lipstick
-12 oil lamps
-spice rack w/ spices-new
-2 sets shish kabob skewers-new
-2 shirts that are too large
-blue sheet
-7 cookbooks
-bag of books
-old kids map of U.S.
-5 bird blank cards
-gel shoes inserts-new
-pfaltzgraf winterberry candle holder
Got to admit this is starting to hurt a bit. I can walk straight across my living room with arms wide and not hit anything. Not to give the impression its clean. I earned a shower and that coke!!.

#1,440 ·
Wow! Everyone is doing such a great job of flinging items. I am going to spend the weekend working on my pile(s). Keep up the great work and get those un-needed items out the door.

#1,441 ·
Skw6559-Jump on in. We like more participants

Last night DD was working on her area of the family room. Took down the curtains.UGH. And last winters PLASTIC. embarrassing!!
She swept and threw away quite a bit. Made DS clean out under and on top of a table. May get rid of the computer desk/hutch in there. No games,computer or things left in it. Sometimes things are SO important to you and as things change you just keep that thing. Not anymore!! I would love to open up that room and have 2 couches there. Ceiling in there needs to be fixed too. MONEY. Anyone got any I can have? LOL.

I cleaned around the desk and mopped the floor in the dining room area. I even got the computer hooked back up. (THATS HUGE FOR ME)
Plan to load all this crap in the car today.

#1,442 ·
Wow FW, you are quite the inspiration. It will feel like a new home by the time you are done all that you are flinging! It must feel great to get all that stuff out of your way and enjoy open spaces again. Good for you! :clap:

#1,443 ·
I agree, great job!! I hope I might do some flinging this weekend. I've got three coats in the closet that belong to my BIL - can I count those when he comes to pick them up? :lol3: I really need to sort through my newspapers, I am way behind on those, and I need to organize my knitting stuff. I've got needles everywhere. Maybe I'll even get to DH's closet! Eek!

#1,444 ·
You bet you can count those coats. OUT is OUT. DH just took another van load to S.A. right now. I was able to clear out most of the hallway too. Tends to be a dumping area. Whats driving me crazy is i have a lot of areas "almost clean". KWIM? It's still like clutter has feet. Gotta go.I want to wash the picture window,mop under the other couch,and throw the drapes in the wash. Later I will bully my family into helping w/ something. Still sorting linens too. Stupid dryer. And stupid washer for that matter. Thanks for all the positive encouragement guys.!!

#1,447 ·
Awww, she is ADORABLE madhen!!! A new bunny and a new baby finch = one happy day at madhen's house! :)

#1,449 ·
Yes, isn't she cute?! I saw her while I was buying the baby bird food. I NEVER buy animals retail, always either adopt or get them through rescue, but I just couldn't tear myself away. I asked, and when they told me it was a female, that clinched the deal. She is a 5-6 week old lionhead, and I've named her Ariel. She is about the size of a large kitten right now.

#1,451 ·
Started on the workroom after all
Flung
-2 small cat teapots
-2 thin new drop cloths
-2 rolls contact paper
-19 wallpaper borders
-19 double rolls wallpaper
-9 collectible plates
-1 mini flag
-8 Kohl's xmas candles new
-1 small Royal Albert plate
and 3 bags on garbage so far
DH is attacking the workbench as we speak. There will be a fight tomorrow over whose tools are whose. Dh will be wrong. Ds gets so mad but will not face off w/ DH.
Bought nothing today and recovered more cleaning supplies and 2 padded foling chairs I didn't know i still had. MY BRAIN HURTS. DR.DR. MY BRAIN HURTS. (My favorite Monty python skit )

#1,452 ·
Madhen, I hate to encourage you. But yes she is adorable. I actually looked a one just like her at Pet supplies plus. Thankfully we have cats. DS caught a Garder Snake today and a Salamander I told him to take them back immediately. Or I'd put my foot up... Never mind. No more animals here.

Speaking of cats. Did anyone see that episode of horders w/ the cat lady. I cried and cried. I have a dozen and thats too many. She had 75+.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.