Frugal Village Forums banner

Fling 2009 Things in 2009 Challenge!!

71K views 2K replies 50 participants last post by  Judi Dial 
#1 ·
I enjoyed the fall fling in 2008, but now that I've flung 1,000 items, I want to see if I can de-clutter even further.

I am starting two months' late, but I am going to try to fling 2009 things this year. Just to add a twist, though, if I bring anything (other than groceries or necessary items [i.e, new hammer or something]) INTO the house, I am going to subtract it from my total flung. :) So skeins of yarn, strings of beads, new clothes, all that stuff, if it is semi-permanent, it gets counted against things flung.

As of tonight, I am at zero, and I hope to get things started moving OUT of the house tomorrow! :)

#1,505 ·
Flung 8 boxes of expired meds from my medicine cabinet that I thought I cleaned out in July... What a crappy job I did lol
also flung a box of gluten/free cookies that my kids didn't like to my bff who happens to luv 'em

Also some tomatoes that were headed south

#1,506 ·
LOL Also cleaned out the meds cabinet and freaked.
Flung
-4 medicine spoons (the kid are adults??)
-15 bottles of expired meds
-1 ancient thermometer and 2 cases
-donated 2 pill organizers
-old dog and cat meds (3)
-a thermal mugs lid
-a gallon bag of stuff
2/3 leaving-SAD

Need to do the kitchen food pantry next. Sigh. Took most of the day off. Needed it.

#1,509 ·
Today I flung an old t-shirt and a dictionary that was literally falling apart. :)

#1,510 ·
Did 3 of the 5 shelves of the food pantry. Threw out a whole bag of old food and junk we don't eat anymore. Time for a talk w/ the kids. They cram more in and no one eats the stuff that goes to the back. Tomorrow I will do the bottom 2 but have to rinse out pans and crawl on my knees and I'd rather watch Eureka tonight.

#1,511 ·
I need prayers. I have decided to tackle part of the stockpile pantry tomorrow. The kids have trashed it. I have been avoiding this area. My DH and DD have consented to help for 3 hours tomorrow. I have 6 whole shelving units and at least 2 worth of food knocked on the floor. Food I can't get to is starting to age out. I figure it's at least a 2 week project but if I can get in there I can go little by little. I just need a jump start. I pray for stamina,strength and that we (for once) can work together (w/o killing each other.

#1,512 ·
If anyone can do it FW ...You can! Good luck....if we don't hear from you by tomorrow night we will know what happened. :)

#1,513 ·
The good news, FW, is that if you end up killing your kids, you could stuff them in the back of your pantry stockpile with little risk that they'd ever be found! :)

I suggest music, a large trash bag, and enough latex gloves to go around. :D

#1,515 ·
Madhen,if I haven't taken them out by now... The thing that cannot happen is DS aggrevate me so I yell at him and he has an excuse to stomp off. I am finally wise to that one. Everyone has been "notified" as to time and place and duration. DH is in and i am going to wave a driving lesson or guitar store carrot at him. I cannot pay as DS made 75% of this mess and DD about 20%. Natural dust and time gets 5%. DH doesn't even go in there. I may take photos for all of us to see. No I won't post my mess but I hope to get a good start today.

HEE HEE Madhen maybe I need 3 large garbage bags. Well maybe a contractors size for DH. Hey, aren't you in law enforcement. Are you trying to drum up business.LOL

#1,517 ·
FW, yes, but I don't do local murders, so your secret would be safe with me. :D

I used to use that "rile mom up until she lets me off the hook" ruse all the time! Nice to know that some of the classics are still out there! :)

#1,518 ·
Prayers going out for you today, FrugalWarrior! Progress is progress, no matter how much. Before and after pictures might not be such a bad idea - you'll always be reminded of just how much progress you did make!

#1,520 ·
Wandered around the house picking up stuff. I swear, rusty nails SPROUT from the ground around here!! Ended up with a good-sized lawn/leaf bag full of things, including a bunch of old cords and such that I used to use around the tack room, old rusted scrap, hay twine, a battery (!), and bits of paper debris. Giving myself 50 points for the effort of FINDING all the stuff, as well as flinging it!

#1,521 ·
Everyone is still alive so far and has been helpful.
Madhen-Shame on you for doing that to your mother. Don't you know everything she does is w/ your best interest in mind. Look at all this waste. What a shame, We could have gotten those new shoes you wanted. I'm so disappointed because I was going to surprise you. Don't feel guilty though I understand you didn't mean it. You'll think about things before you act next time. Don't mention this to your father though he won't be quite so understanding.
Don't you just feel like running in front of a car now, that was my mom. She could make the pope cry and repent. All with a sad smile. My dad you could rile to a point. If his neck was red you were ok. But if his anger had reached the point where his eyes glowed red you were toast. He hunched his shoulders and his arm got eight feet long. You couldn't never get away fast enough. He would grab your shoulder in a pinch that would tickle while it hurt because he got a nerve. You would confess to anything. He must have studied under Spock cuz' you were going down!! LOL And I never deserved any of it. Just cause my nickname was Miss Sassymouth.

#1,522 ·
Bought 2 new shelving units,the kind that hold 2000# and will get 2 more if I can. They were on sale for $45. a the K-mart. I have a long way to go but I am excited about the area again. In 2 weeks I will stand back and smile. We pitched 5 garbage bags of junk today. and donated at least 10 things. I pitched 1 bent up shelving unit and there will be more. Gotta go do more. My waist better be smaller in 2 weeks.!!

#1,524 ·
Madhen- 5th fastest runner in Elementary school. Poke. Poke.
Anyhoo
filled 1 of my new 72" high 2000# holding wonder shelves. Love it. Pulled out 3 wimpy small 30" shelves. Still a huge mess on the floor and a small grocery store in the MIL. (sob-it was so clean)
Hadn't really planned on a design. But its going to be AWESOME. And yes I have no life. My DH managed to back up the sewer into the bsmt. He dumped the canned goods into the toilet instead of the garbage disposal. I have about 40 more to dump but I'll do it when he's somewhere else. He's such an ID 10T at times. Sorry. He also put all the sharp lids in the recycle too. He's really more work than I can take today. Crabby me?

#1,525 ·
65 things flung in the shape of 64 books and a shoe rack, as talked about above. We removed a box of books from the house and put it in storage. However, we also took 3 boxes of books from the storage and bought 2 pairs of snow shoes, a bicycle tire, a camera bag, a canister, and some measuring cups. The net loss/gain was 57 things OUT!

Judi

#1,526 ·
Flung 2 more rusty pantry shelves. Now all the old ones are out of the room. Got one more bag of garbage and a bag of cardboard to recycle.
Floor of the pantry is still a mess. Groceries blocking the closet and all over the MIL apt. Tomorrow out to the other kmart to hunt down more shelving and to continue this project. I estimate a week and I can nail it??

#1,527 ·
Today's the antique mart thingy. I have 4 frames sold, hopefully the woman who wanted them will show up and buy them! Yesterday at the white elephant I got a decorator plate in box (royal worcester) and a wooden canister from the 50's with a rooster and "cookies" on it to sell. Hopefully, they sell today!

I forgot, we bought a new coffee pot this week. we've been looking for a French press coffee maker with an insulated carafe, bigger than 3 cup, and that we like. Most of the ones we found online were around $100, so we didn't just rush out an buy one. I found one for $50 before my dentist appt. earlier this week, so we have that too. I didn't add it, as DH is giving me our old insulated coffee maker to sell today too!

He's getting into this a bit. He got a new SEE ME vest for bike riding during hunting season, dayglow green. He said he was all mad 'cause he can't find the old one to take to the dump! I can't hardly believe it, I've finally got him talking about the notion that if we bring something in, we should take something OUT!

We got snowshoes on sale yesterday, his crosscountry skis are in the attic. I know he wants to keep his poles, but maybe I can convince him we should take the skis today too?

I'd pass them along in the family, but NOBODY is as tall as he is, over 6', so that wouldn't work.

I was being industrious last night, so the massage table, the table top, the saw horse, and the antique folding table (the last for sale) are already in the car. I have to add the other stuff that I'm putting up for sale today, but the stuff that has to go in first is there!

Judi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.