Fling 2009 Things in 2009 Challenge!! - Page 75
Page 75 of 130 FirstFirst ... 25657273747576777885125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1943
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have been going through things today. I put up a stack of dishes (1) that had been on the kitchen floor in a wire basket. (This is why the "good" and "party" china went into the attic!) In the process of doing that, I decided to get rid of 2 other mugs. I have the flea market again Sunday and so far I have the elephant toy chest that didn't sell last week, 3 candle holders (culled from the house this week), the two mugs, and (of course) a bunch o' books. I need to get more stuff outta here!

I'm only adding 1 to my total today as I count things when they are actually GONE. I have 1,000s of extra things here that were bought to be sold or given away or belong to someone else, or.... Anyway, I'm working really hard at not counting things until they are actually not in my possession any more!

Judi
    Last edited by Judi Dial; 06-12-2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: required editing!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been found out! DH commented I wasn't treating this thread fairly. I haven't been adding things I've brought into the house. I maintain I've been purposely counting low when I fling things because, well, I don't want to do all the adding and subtracting...being basically lazy. Sigh...

So today I really have to subtract some stuff. A friend gave me a box of fabric. I'm keeping about 10 pieces of fabric (didn't bother to count) and am passing the rest on. Some nice fabric there.

I'm taking 10 off my total...
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Peanut, you're a better flinger than I am. We all know I ignore the things that come into my house. I suppose if those are the rules you choose for yourself, then its good of you to stick to them -- but you know we won't be hard on you!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have to subract one thing. I went garage sailing today and picked up a few things... all will be used for my craft booth (nice jars for bath salts) except I found a really cool small wooden chest that I am going to use for yarn supplies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

could use your input ladies...I have scanned the entire contents with the exception of a few papers that need to be signed, into my computer and stored all of it's contents on my external hard drive. I threw away all of the reciepts, past tax returns, important school documents, bank statement etc....well over a hundred documents...now..if it were up to me i would give myself 1000 flung, lol, for all that work but really I'm not sure what is reasonable...it's only paper, a lot of it, but only paper...what do you think is a fair total of points to add to my total?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Considering the effort you put into the fling, luckbethislady, I'd say at least 100 - 150. I'd give myself one per document. That's a lot of work just to get rid of a piece of paper! (Of course, if you bought the external hard drive for the purpose, you'll have to subtract THAT! )

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks that's what I thought too...it's a lot of work...but.....I got the hard drive as a christmas gift last year and hadn't used it yet...I can't believe how much space all that paper took up...it kind of sneaks up on you

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, that is a lot of work to do. I've been counting 1" thick of paper as one item, because that's the size of a decent sized book. Like I said, I'm severely underestimating my flinging. I think you just need to decide what feels right to you and count it that way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

peanut, I think it is cool that your DH is actually paying attention to how you are responding to this thread!! That is funny that he called you on it! I only count things that aren't going right back out again in the form of merchandise. Otherwise, I'd NEVER get ahead!!

luckbethislady, I would definitely steer toward a generous number, so estimate high on how much paper you tossed. Maybe you can count an extra half fling per page for the scanning efforts?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by kmonokwe View Post
    Peanut, you're a better flinger than I am. We all know I ignore the things that come into my house. I suppose if those are the rules you choose for yourself, then its good of you to stick to them -- but you know we won't be hard on you!
    I think madhen had those rules from the beginning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    Well, that is a lot of work to do. I've been counting 1" thick of paper as one item, because that's the size of a decent sized book. Like I said, I'm severely underestimating my flinging. I think you just need to decide what feels right to you and count it that way.
    I agree. If you keep counting every little thing as 1 you are only hurting yourself in this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks...I had originaly only given myself 20 points for all of it...but it was nearly an entire file cabinet worth...so that seemed really low...but I don't want to give myself to high of a number either...i'm ovethinking it, but I want to be fair...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craftypam View Post
    I think madhen had those rules from the beginning.
    I think you're probably right, but its also been said that its up to each individual to decide what is a challenge for you in your own situation. If I had to stick to those rules, I wouldn't make it past 200 flings, let alone 2009! We're newly married and have only had 9 months to accumulate clutter, so I just don't have a lot to fling. I still want to be a part of the challenge, though, because I love having a clutter-free house. So I've decided that my challenge will be a little different from the beaten path. I guess since I'm following a modified version of the challenge, I forget sometimes that most of us are following the original version.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just to clarify, yes, those were the rules I set, BUT they were the rules I set for myself, not necessarily for everybody else. I agree that each person has different "fling" needs, and that you should set your guidelines in a way that you think is fair and practical for YOU. The goal of this fling is for ALL of us to succeed!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DD#1 and DD#2 were home and took back their stuff. 84 things gone to them. Sorted junk mail and tossed 2 bags. Tossed some old junk from basement 9 more things gone. 16 things to the Goodwill box. 111 total!!