Who's up for a clean house challenge?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Who's up for a clean house challenge?

This is something I've been mulling around. I tried Flylady, and it does work, but the emails are exhausting. Also some people don't like to wear shoes, etc. I thought if I/we could implement some of the other ideas we have learned and combine them into our own little routines, maybe we could keep up on our cleaning.

Today for example-I had to do "crisis cleaning". A friend from my old job called and said "I'd like to come see you. I'll be there in an hour." PANIC TIME! DD2 cleaned up the bathroom and vacuumed, DD1 fed the baby, I cleaned up the kitchen and we closed the bedroom doors. I hate it that I can't just say, "Sure come on over" and relax until my guest comes.

If you have any ideas/suggestions, post them here. I like to use the timer in a pinch. It makes me move my butt faster. Do you have any morning/evening routines that help the day go better for you?

Do you have any cleaning shortcuts? Do you shine your sink? How often do you dust?

Tell me what you think of this. I'd be willing to post the "instructions" like Flylady does if you think it is worth a shot. Maybe Sara will have an award for the case-lol

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob mylittle4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Me, me, me. I am using flylady and it is helping tremendously. I just started so I blocked all reminder e-mails. I have to get my house in shape too. There was a problem with the propane and the guy had to come all the through the house and into a bedroom, so embarrassing. I just can't keep up with it. I do shine my sink and I find it impossible to put a dirty dish in it. They go straight to the dishwasher, but I HATE MY SHOES. It works I have been more productive. Can you tell a dirty house is a sore spot with me. I too have crisis cleaned for company and I think to myself what if the friend was only 5 min. away aaahhhhhh. Ok I am up for this great idea Danielle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am up for the challenge. Do you have some suggestions pertaining to working moms as well?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to join the challenge! I have been disorganized all m y life and it's time for a change! I like Flylady's idea of working in 15 minute increments. That works for me. I'm rarely behind, when it comes to dishes or laundry, but clutter is my downfall.
    I would love to know the secret of "born organized" people.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd love to do this! I am fairly organized and keep things neat (FYI - I don't have kids yet LOL) but I want to be better about actualy cleaning the house. I let things go too long and then when someone is over, I pray that there isn't an inch of dust in the guest bathroom!

I just got a Clorox Ready Mop and I now seem to mop more often. I tried to make a schedule where each night after work I do one cleaning chore, but that didn't work too well.

But I'm sure if we all did it together, it would be helpful! Great idea, Danielle!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

I'm also up for the challenge! I am a very unorganized person. I am also a very forgetful person and these two things do not mix. I have done the Flylady thing (several times, actually ) and always give up. I do still do a few things though. I do keep my sinks shiny. This has become a peeve of mine. It just bugs me to see water spots. I also get dressed (even shoes) every morning and lay my clothes out every evening for the next day. The Weekly Home Blessing Hour (which is tomorrow, btw) is another thing I kept for my own. I do this every Monday. I clean in the 15 minute times, like she says to do. I set my microwave timer and see how much I can get done in this amount of time. I usually find myself finished w/ whatever I was doing before the 15 minutes is even up. I SO wish I was a "born organized" person. I'm thinking that I'm on the very end of that.

So, anything to kick me in the butt to get going, I'm up for it.

cmu
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am up for this!!!! My problem is I have so many things to do everyday, I go to school full time and have 3 kids ages 5, 3, 1. I never seem to have time to clean. I have also been accused of being a pac rat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I couldn't get on all day yesterday and was thinking I'd come back to find some things you all did.

Yesterday, I usually do my Weekly Home Blessing Hour (sweet, mop, vacuum, empty all trash cans, change sheets on all beds, purge magazines, clean glass). BUT, Ds changed those plans for me when I seen how trashed his room was. So, I set to the task of getting ready for my online yard sale, auction or whatever; haven't decided yet. I ended up cleaning closets ALL day and still did not get done. So, that's the plans for today. Cleaning closets. I am going to get rid of all of this stuff.

What about you all?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ok I am ready for the challange but wouldn't it be easier for all of us to relax? I mean why do you think people what to come over to ours instead of inviting us over to theirs? Because their house looks like ours does. If we all lower our standards a united front wouldn't that be better? Turn off Martha Stewart and realize that she has a staff of 100 people or so! Maybe it is the way that you look at it. ....... You say Dust is bad I say it protects the furniture. Nothing will leave a watermark with 7 inches of dust on it. Why mop the floor? The stickier it is the safer. How many of us have watched our precious babies slip on the floor? If it was dirty they would stick to it and no more oww'es. By NOT cleaning the rest of the house the broom closet will finally be clean! Have I convinced anyone???????? Please Please, Please????????

Ok. I give I will clean it! lol

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ROFL, Lady Beltane.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lady Beltane, I'm with you!!! LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have yet to convince my DH that the dust is actually PART of the furniture. Oh well.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL How funny but wished it was true!I would love to join,We are remodeling(nope call that gutting out)our whole house one room at a time.Oh it will be so nice when its done but man what a mess i have in my bathroom.I also have family coming for christmas so its rush rush rush to get 3 rooms doen by then.We can but its the clean up i hate.So yeah count me in.One thing I tired but did not work with my family(might with yours mine are stubborn)But I have 4 laundry baskets,1 white,1 lighte pink,1 dark green and one blue in the bathroom.I had the white for the whites,dark for the darks,light one for the lights and the one in the bathroom was for the towels.This way you can tell when you have a full load.Now its just the towel basket for the towels

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Amanda, I am a graduate of the one room at a time university. I graduated with HONORS! Plaster is the worst, gave my DD asthma. Now it's just maintenance, the bathroom is now 10 years old already! Needs painting again. Good luck with your projects. We only gutted 1 room at a time until we did the BIG gut in '95-LR, hallway, kids room-we had no walls-had to move out. What a mess. I feel for you, dear.