Okay, I'm in.
Okay, I'm in.
I am old enough to have actually used a slide rule (and one of those Logarithm tables, too!!!) I took an algebra class last year in order to finish my BS degree, and the teacher and I were the only ones in the class who knew what it was!! My scientific calculator I bought for the class cost $9.96 at WallyWorld.
PS I SMOKED those 17 year old smart alecks who sat behind me texting for 16 weeks instead of paying attention.
Good for you!! I remember when those scientific calculators were beyond my financial reach!
I used to use a slide rule - ah those were the days!! Truthfully, I love calculators!!
I bought DH a calculator for our first Christmas (1975). It was a 'four-banger' (all it did was add,subtract, multiply and divide) and it was his big gift that year. It cost $30!!!
I'm teaching a chemistry lab calss for our homeschool group's teenagers this year, and the calculators do about a thousand times as much (including peel potatoes!) and they're under $10! Now that is progress, friends!
Cute Mary - need one to peel veggies here!!
1) Finish 1 pair of slippers
2) Have 2nd pair done to stitch together
3) Get son's laundry from dryer folded and put away
4) Put another load in washer
5) Plug in cell phone to recharge
6) Pick up cat litter
7) Pick up an old computer (free from a second cousin)
8) Put tea cup in sink
Only four days left!! Are you working on your lists?
Make herbal medicines
1) tincture of Mullien~good for lung ailments like Asthma
2) tincture of Passion Flower ~herbal Xanax
3) finish son's laundry
4) pack his bag for time at Mom-Mom's house
5) finish slippers
6) meal plan
Rosie, What nice daughter you are!!!!
you are doing great with your lists Polly. Keep up the good work!!!!