Frugal Village Forums banner

Clean House Challenge for 11/22, 11/23, & 11/24

836 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  lucy979 
#1 ·
How's the top of your stove looking? Gross, huh? With the holidays approaching, you want your stove/range to look nice and be easy to clean up. Pull out those burners, replace the drip pans ( I really need to do that!) and give it a good scrubbing. Don't forget your knobs and range hood. Run the range hood filter through the dishwasher if you haven't in a while!

If you've pulled out your decorations, what kind of shape are they in? Are they trashworthy? C'mon, you have some stuff that's been around "since John died". (An old saying by my PA Dutch grandmother!) Some of it belongs in the trash heap. Why are you packing it away year after year? Believe me, I am SO GUILTY of this one!

Bake something and double it so you have one for the freezer, whether it be a pie, casserole, cookie dough, etc. This way if you're short on time, or have to whip up something quick for company, you'll be prepared without any headaches.

Remember, this challenge is for the whole weekend, so don't sweat it. If you're making Thanksgiving dinner, start thinking about your menu and maybe making some stuff up this weekend to save you time on Wednesday night.

Good luck and have fun!

See less See more
#4 ·
Ok, cleaned the oven! Our menu is done and food is bought! Our Christmas decorations are in the basement and I can't get to them right now. Somebody put a big shelf in front of our door. So, I'm ready for tomorrow's task!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.