Use It Up/Waste Not Challenge for December - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm using up the leftover curling silver ribbon from the wedding decorations, on Christmas gifts. I even found some lavender colored Christmas paper at the Dollar Tree and I can use some of the lavendar curling ribbon as well. I'm using the ribbon as well on some of the wedding scrapbook pages.
    I posted the wedding chair covers, sashes, table runners, and left over wedding stuff as well as the Wishing Well on a local classified site, and someone came to look at it last night-yeah, a taker, right after Christmas. (Not really a use it up, but a definite reuse.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

used up some broccoli that was not long for this world...cut it up and added to the bbq chicken for dinner last night

using up previously received bags and tissue for the Christmas wrapping

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last Friday I used up another 'empty' bottle of conditioner by just adding a little water. Last night I used up leftover stuffing, thin mashed potatoes, leftover carrots, an onion and some about gone green onions to make a casserole by adding a couple of browned chicken breast (deboned) and Mrs. Dash. Dh actually said it tasted good and would like to have it again. That's good because I put what was left in 2 freezer containers for future meals. I also used up 3 leftover biscuits with his meal. I had 3 twice baked potatoes and 2 croissants that were leftovers that I included in the 2 freezer meals. Today, I used up some wrapping paper from years past as well as a bow and gift tag and 2 gift bags and tissue paper from my 'stash'. Part of my df's daughter's gifts was 1 BBW lotion and 2 Calgon body mists that I either bought or was given and never used. I feel as though I am forgetting some things so I will repost if I do remember some stuff I used up or reused/regifted. Keep up the good works folks! I am getting some great ideas from all of you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Enjoying reading all these. Another thing to consider is all the decluttering that's being done on top of using it up in such as wrapping paper, ribbon, tee shirts etc. Multiple things accomplished.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are right NikoSan999, there is at least a moderate amount of decluttering going on around here. I forgot that Sunday and Monday while out of town I used up 2 packages of, ahum, ladies products that had been here awhile. Don't know what I was waiting for to use them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Used up 2 pkg. of broccoli in the freezer that were way ready to be used.
    Used up a tube of toothpaste that I had to cut open to get the last few uses out of it, bone dry when I was finished.
    Used up a going stale 1/4 loaf bread for stuffing
    Used up 4 oreos that were given to me in a snack pack-for ice cream topping-crushed up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Will have to hit the stores after christmas for gift wrap and bags using up all this year but it been a long time since i have had to buy any.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh I so need to do this! I just keep topping up the freezer and still buy more. I would probably not have to buy groceries for months on what I have accumulated. I also have a stash of hotel shampoos that I really need to use up or give it away. This will be a good thing to start although it will be tough as I love having a lot of food in the house and just can't resist a good sale!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothing wrong with lots of food in the house Tripleb. I, too, like to have multiples of a lot of things. It's when those freezer, refrigerator and pantry products expire and are wasted that I don't like it. The same is true of hbas. I never thought make-up would go bad but I had some pale pink lipstick that turned color - one turned brown and the other pea green. Also, I have noticed that some body sprays will eventually turn sour smelling if they sit long enough. I also love a good sale, but sometimes I have to remind myself I have enough and get only 1 or 2 or none. This has been a big help for me in trying to declutter. The folks on here have great use it ideas. Some of them I had never heard before.
    This morning I used up two boxes of nicer candy and two more years old Christmas cards for my dh to give to his 2 work assistants. Hopefully, I'll be able to add more soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    I am using a roll of Christmas ribbon that I inherited from somewhere - don't particularly like it - but the colors are good - looks great on the packages that I wrapped in bright yellow - leftover from a door covering at school!!

Have decided that I am not going to the after Christmas sales this year to pick up paper, cards, etc. Going to see how creative I can be with what I have....this is almost a scary thought, since I always visit those sales!! Hopefully this will lead to more freedom from things!!

About extra t-shirt scraps, if you cut them the long, no stretch way, you could use them for a soft rag quilt!!
    I too need to avoid the after Christmas sales for this same reason. I used up about 6 odd rolls of half used paper this year but still have about 10! I sent out double the cards (thanks to the card swap) and still have three full boxes and two half boxes. I have enough to/from lables to last 10 years.

I also had so many "miscellaneous" items in my gift box this year some of the gifts did not find a good home or just ended up in the toys for tots donation. The only gifts I need to buy after Christmas are A) gifts that will last for a year B) excellent prices C) fit someone I shop for currently!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ephofma View Post
    pea green.
    wow! Who would have guessed!

We had fun sized chocolate bars left over from Halloween. I put them in the freezer the other day. This week I used them to make puppy chow to take to the church Christmas party. It was the cheapest food I have ever taken anywhere. I used up a box of cereal I got for $1 a while back with Haloween candy and stockpile peanut butter. I also got out a pack of frozen hot dogs and frozen breadsticks and made a version of pigs in a blanket. I spent no money and got rid of extras in the house!!!

I am not a big lotion gal. I have to have REALLY dry skin to use it. I get some every Christmas. I vow this year to use up what is it the bathroom now and regift or return everything I get this year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have used up all my old Christmas wrapping paper and now have only recycled brown paper!!

When I finish the baby quilt, I am going to put it in a box that DD received a graduation present in - will just need to cover the box with some baby gift paper - and I know that I have some someplace!! The box will make a great presentation!!

I seem to have a lot of empty pill bottles - you know those ugly yellowish-orange ones? Well, I just cannot throw them away so...... I am really excited about the following!!

I am using them to sort and store all those little things like, little stickers, ball pump needles, sequins - I know you know what I mean. Now all I have to do is find a box to store them in....
    and.....the best part is - store them upside down, so the larger tops separates them easily while still making it easy to see what's in the containers!!!

What do you think? Any other ideas for them?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I used up a 1/2 bar of cream cheese for a cookie recipe that was new to me. Yummy cookies. No cost at all. Ingredients were all in my stockpile. I love it when I don't need to "put it on my list"!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Happily using it up

Used up a tube of toothpaste with the squeeze and bristle-dipping method.
    Used up a bottle of body wash, added water to residue and it lasted for 3 more showers.
    Used up a can of ladies shaving gel; it still kept spurting, so used it on a washcloth for added fresh scent.
    Using up an old bottle of bubblebath by putting it into a pump decanter in the tub, and using it to wash my hairbrush when I shower.
    Using up a bottle of Crest ProHealth mouthwash by using it as toilet bowl cleaner (allergic to it)
    Using up the bargain-bin apples in my fridge crisper, by peeling them for snacks when I'm hungry.
    Used up a pile of old clothes by cutting them up for rags and kitchen wipes.
    Didn't buy any cards, giftwrap, ribbon or tape for Christmas presents this year; used what I had on hand; not buying anymore if I can help it, because there are other ways to wrap gifts (making cloth ribbon with pinking sheers from fabric remnants, recycling gift bags & paper.)
    Using up last year's candycanes & assorted candies for breath mints.
    STILL using up my kids old school pencils, pencil crayons, pens, markers: some of these are 25+ years old

I got my linen closet/bath stuff/drugstore stuff stockpile organized:
    Have to use up an old bottle of hairspray; debating whether or not to use it on my hair, or as an ink remover.
    Want to use up 3 old cans of Static-Cling, not sure how. (allergic)
    Want to use up a can of leather spray, and some greasy lotion samples (on my boots or purse).

I like this thread, because lately I've been organizing the closets, desks, cupboards, pantry etc., have moved old stuff to the front, and am using up remainders of products. It's so nice to finish using something up, and have extra room.
    Last edited by Incognito; 12-19-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Used up more fresh foods tomatoes that were looking a little peaked and some other almost icky veggies cooked in olive oil with spinach and used as a topping for steak

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast