Frugal Village Forums banner

Clean House Challenge for 12/2

918 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  aylasmommy 
#1 ·
Today you are to toss all of your autumn/fall decorations. Rotting pumpkins, damp cornstalks, scarecrows-they all need to go. Put away your nice things for next year and throw away any trash. Give your cleaned up area a quick sweep with a broom or rake to clean up any debris.

Finish up your Christmas cards. Are they addressed? Do you need to buy stamps? Have you purchased them yet???? Get them out of the house and on their way.

In the bathroom today, how are your towels looking? Are they frayed and worn? Cut them up for rags and put out your nice towels or go get some on sale (of course).

Does your shower curtain need replacing? How about the liner? Did you know you can toss your liner in the washer with a couple of towels and clean it right up? It will last a little longer this way, instead of replacing it all the time. Be sure it's a heavy duty liner, I don't think the thin ones will survive the washer! :)

Last week we disinfected our doorknobs. How about your light switches/switch covers? Wipe them down and make them CLEAN!

Wash out your bathroom wastebasket and sanitize it with some disinfectant or bleach. Let it soak awhile and scrub it clean.

Wash any curtains or blinds and wipe down windowsills.

Don't be stressed by this list! You had a few days off, you know-lol. Do what you can-baby steps!

See less See more
#2 ·
Danielle, I just bought a new shower liner this weekend and it is up. I also took everything down....pumpkins in trash, etc. this weekend too. So, I have a little jump on the list. I hope I can finish the rest later.

#3 ·
I have all my autumn deco's down, and I decided I am not doing christmas cards, I always disenfect my trashcan each time I change it (the bathroom one at least) and I always disenfect my kitchen one about 3 times a month.

But, I'm glad you posted about the shower liner and towels ..I just ripped the *second hole in my liner so it looks like I'll be buying a new one..I also need to wipe of some spider webs off my curtain as well as webs around other places ..

I love these posts! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.