Get It & Keep it CURRENT chore challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went through the cold storage foods, tossed 1 onion, 1 potato, and 1 acorn squash. Washed the new red potatoes. When they're dry, I'll put them in the pantry basket with the russets on top and rehang the basket.

One of the things I'm really antsy waiting for warm weather is adding the chalkboard/magnetic paint to the pantry. I really want to do this, but it's too cold and we're both scent sensitive, so it has to be a day when I can open the doors and the basement casements to dissapate the smell!

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I so need to join this challenge. I have issues just going basic things like laundry done. A little background: I work fulltime and have three kids. Hubby is home with the kids since he is still laid off. He does do a few things, like dishes - sometimes, things just aren't getting done like they should. I also take 2 classes through my local community college and will be graduating this spring. On top of that, I also have a online configuration course for work I am taking. This takes up 10-15 hours a week, and if I don't have time to do it on the clock I have to do the lessons and take the quiz at home on the weekends. I have also been taking classes at the gym and these are 5-6 hours a week, but i really need them!

I just feel like I am always trying to catch up on stuff. Right now I am behind in my C++ class, I have a chapter to read and quiz to take for my database class, plus I have to do at least laundry. Tomorrow new coupons come out so i should really take twenty minutes and clean my binder out.

So, i need any advice anyone can give me to get stuff done and keep things up. Thanks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If it's ok to mention another forum......Fly Lady turned my house into a home! Check her out

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Another thing that I found helps is breaking jobs up. If you can't do crockpot cooking, try doing the prep before you go to work in the a.m. It's a lot easier to get up 1/2 hour earlier and find time for chores that way than it is trying to fit in yet something else during the day.

Several writers I know who also have full time jobs get up between 4-6 so that they have uninterrupted writing time, for example.

Anyway, try that. Also try talking to your husband and assigning specific tasks for the day. Going to make meatloaf? Don't have time to chop the veggies in the am? Ask DH to do it before you get home, for example.

I hope this helps --

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good advice Judi about breaking chores up! Sometimes when I divide the chore up so as not to be overwhelmed I find out that several of those parts didn't take nearly as long as I thought they would. Sometimes this allows me to get more done than I figured I would be able. I'm happy to report that my laundry and coupons are still up to date and I am making progress on my refunding. Thanks for all the support!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We're awaiting the delivery of our new dishwasher this a.m. and to have something to kill the time, I removed the extra onion skins etc. from the kitchen (as opposed to the pantry) onions. Although these are the kitchen onions, this is part of my weekly pantry chores.

This piece of the weekly pantry clean up is now complete!

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is now March 1 and I wanted to report that my coupons and laundry are in very good shape and my refunding is coming along nicely. Not caught up yet on the refunding, but getting closer. Thanks folks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been working on the bill filing. When I get caught up, I'll work on the receipt filing. It's backwards, but whatever. I need to get this finished as I need to get numbers to the tax person for 2009, and I'm still finding a few 2009 receipts.

The pantry is beginning to shine. I won't be home next week or the week after to work on it or the kitchen foods, DH will have to do whatever weeding is required. My hope this week is that I can get the bill/reciept filing done and the frig not just culled for going to the dump today but CLEANED, which it has needed for a while now.

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Been away for most of two weeks...

so I'm Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind ! Got things I HAVE to do first: taxes, some writing, paying some bills before I can get back into my routine.

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I caught up the receipt filing this morning as a part of the tax effort. I had a lot to file since I'd been away from home for two weeks!

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad this thread came up again because I need to focus on daily and weekly activities that I do not have control of. Will post later today.!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

For spring, summer and fall, I need to add doing yard work to the weekly chores list.

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here it is the beginning of April and I thought it was about time I checked in. I am up-to-date on coupons. On the laundry front I am a little behind but not too bad yet. Refunding is still coming along and my office does look cleaner. I am having problems with my right leg from the knee down and it is very hard to get around. I thought it was just from being out of shape after helping my MIL clean out two rooms and have a garage sale, but it is not getting better. So I am really moving slowly and it is sure frustrating. Going to see the ortho on Wednesday so I guess I will know more then.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ephofma,

I hope you feel better soon!

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default i am SO frustrated!!!

My weekly chores aren't getting done, I've been spending most of my time doing research for a book, or working on the vegetable garden...none of which is going well, sigh.

I think I'll go back to filing and "pretend" that I'm not supposed to send a copy editor the book proposal to look at this week or next, nor am I supposed to show it to my writers' group the beginning of next month.

Filing receipts and bills instead seems a lot more productive!

Pah!

Judi

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast