2010 Get a Project Done Each Month Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My husband and I are in desperate need of this challenge. We actually need to finish multiple projects each month and then in maybe 5 years we would have everything done! lol. Seriously though, this will be a good one for us.
    January, Clean out the bedroom that is full of junk and stuff that doesn't have any other home. Paint it, decorate it and turn it into my 4 y/o sons bedroom. This will be a great first project for us. I think I will add a second smaller project to January also. Buy firewood and get it stacked up and ready to use for the winter. ( I know, we are way behind on this since it is already winter. ) That is why we need a challenge and accountability like this. I think that will do it for January for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in. My first project will be to sort out our 'to be gotten rid of' pile of clothes we have in the basement. A friend of mine has just reopened her consignment store and I will be taking the clothes there. Thanks for the kick in the pants so to speak, madhen!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Count me in!

I really need to finish a few things up!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Here's the challenge I've been waiting for! My January project is to edit and organize my books.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My January challenge will be a relatively easy one. I need to buy new smoke detectors and install them in the house. The ones that are here now have been here since I moved in, and I suspect a lot longer than that. I check them about every sixty days, and while they still work, the one in the hall near the kitchen sometimes goes a little wonky. I read somewhere that you should replace your smoke detectors every four years, working or not, and if that is true, I'm WAY overdue!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default My smoke detectors automatically deactivate

Quote Originally Posted by madhen View Post
    I read somewhere that you should replace your smoke detectors every four years, working or not, and if that is true, I'm WAY overdue!
    I recently purchased some new smoke and carbon monoxide detectors for my house. The instructions stated that they will automatically deactivate themselves after some many years. I cannot recall the exact number of years, though.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! I've got to go out and get smoke detectors! No wonder they have not been going off at dinner time. No, not because I burnt supper, although that's been known to happen. They are both heat and smoke detectors, they used to go off even when I just made toast. Good Grief, we've been unprotected who knows how long??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post
    I recently purchased some new smoke and carbon monoxide detectors for my house. The instructions stated that they will automatically deactivate themselves after some many years. I cannot recall the exact number of years, though.
    I hope they let you know somehow!! I went into a friend's business office after hours a few weeks back, and I thought I had tripped the alarm, because of this incessant beeping. Turns out it was her smoke alarm telling her that it was dying.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in! I think I might be doing this a bit differently but dh and I decided that we are going to take 1 room in our house each month and do all the work that needs to be done in that room for that particular month! For some rooms that means just general clearing out and organizing, for others it might mean painting or replacing flooring or whatever. Our goal is to do all the work ourselves!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by never2late View Post
    This month will be cleaning out my bedroom closet. I shudder to think what I may find!
    But think of all the treasures that might be hiding back there!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo for the reminder......in addition to organizing our bedroom, I really need to add getting all the 2009 paperwork ready to go to the accountant. Have been organizing the papers, now just need to come up with totals, etc. since I have two more weeks of recovery, I think this is totally doable!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so glad this is going again this year. I seriously need it and I can honestly say my laundry room would have never gotten done last year if I were not accountable here. For the month of January I am going to continue to work on my dining room and pick up the pace. This will include catching up on refunding, doing filing, rearranging some furniture, getting an area rug and possibly some painting. I would also like to rip up some molding ( and not necessarily replace it), but I'm not sure that is in my possible repertoire. Well, here goes. . . .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My 'project' is going to be more 'digging' in my basement.

At this time I haven't decided if it will be in the 'garden area' --or the 'dishes area'. I know I have some garden treasures in there that I need to find so......... that is all I can do to narrow it down at this time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in on this challenge. Our first project for January will be to declutter and paint our stairway pantry. We also need to redo the carpet on the stairs. This will be an excellent project for me and hubby....I think I will post before and after pics... I like pics.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in. Need to declutter closet near my landing. NO IF ANDS OR BUTS! Been meaning to do this for six months. I love the challenges on FV it motivates me and knowing others are doing the same I feel like I'm not alone doing some of the challenges I have signed up for.

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast