Birthday Gift and Card challenge
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Birthday Gift and Card challenge

Is there anyone out there like me who looks at last month's calendar and goes uh oh....it was so so birthday or anniversary?

My challenge is to buy the cards in advance for the year (Dollar General has them 2 for a 1.00) address and clip on the calendar when to mail.

We only do gifts for family, so I want to buy or make and WRAP in advance to avoid that last minute run out for something madness.

Anyone need to join me?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo Vickilynn - love the question about needing, not wanting, to join you in this challenge!! My yes, I have already missed a birthday this year and we are only 10 days in!!

This is a great idea and I already have cards available to use. Mahalo for the idea - probably should bump it up to let others see the wisdom of this!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't know how to bump?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Easy - just post a reply and the thread gets bumped up again to the top. Sometimes good threads get lost with a lot going on. I usually start my time on FV with page four or so to get the 'older' threads bumped up again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So many challenges so little time...

I'm in here too. This will be especially important because I'm not buying any Birthday gifts this year if I can help it. So remembering a birthday last minute would not be good.

I'm going to sit down the last week of the month (in case there is a b-day in the first week of the next month) and get out cards for everyone and make sure I have a gift made or at least in progress for each birthday.

What I used to do is go ahead and write out the cards and address them. Then if its one that needs to be mailed I would put a sticky note on the outside saying "Mail By:" and put the date that they need to be mailed by in order to reach the person on their day. Otherwise I would end up mailing 2 days before their birthday so even though I planned early they would still end up late.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so bad with this since I've stuck to the frugal road. I used to really scour the store shelves for the best toy and gift prices and put them away on a gift shelf, but my budget just will not allow that at this time. This thread just may give me a few ideas.

My SIL goes to the Dollar tree in January and buys cards for everyone all at once for the whole year. She signs and addresses them and then sticks them in her month to month calender with pockets. The 1st of each month she just drops them in the mail box.

I prefer a less expensive option. I buy boxes of birthday cards for a $1 - $1.50. I make sure to buy kids and adult cards. That way I'll always have a card, and 10 for a $1 -$1.50 is more in my budget. For the kids I'll tape 50 cents to a dollar in quaters on the inside, or I'll tape a special candy to the card. Unless I've been invited to a kid's birthday party I'm thinking that should sufice.

Going to my in-laws tonight for their birthday. Most of the time we get them a little something but I have no money budgeted for their birthday this year, so yesterday I baked them a lemon sheet cake with butter cream icing, then sprinkled it with coconut. I'll pull out two birthday candles (they're trick candles, should get a laugh) to put on top, and of course I'll hit the birthday card box and fill out a card for each of them.

I also keep boxes of cards for thanks yous, anniversaries, sympathy, thinking of you & congratulations. 5 and 10 type stores carry these inexpensive card options. Now they are not as personal as a card picked out for an individual person, but at least the person knows they were thought of and remembered.

Looking forward to more posts on this thread. Thanks for posting this challenge vickilynn.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Polly - I agree - in this crazy and busy world - being remembered in any way is so nice!!

Manda - I can only aspire to be as organized - but it is a good goal for me!! Great to put a mail date on it - my mental reminder list sometimes takes a break at the oddest times!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Feb I have 2 birthdays, our anniversary and valentines day .

I have a gift ready for my daughter - framed picture of real Irish wildflowers and a used book (she's an English teacher and loves books)
    DGS gotta think about this one.......

This week I'll buy the cards.
    Last edited by vickilynn; 01-10-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just went through my card supply and pulled the five birthday cards I need for this month and next!! Also pulled some cards that I want to frame for gifts - Walgreens is having a sale on frames so I can take them in and see what would work!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great challenge vicki. I am going to do this tomorrow. I have a ton of un-used birthday cards already! All I have to do is address them and put them in my calendar book and I don't have to worry about them anymore.

The gifts...well DH is Feb 2nd. We aren't going to exchange this year..just no money in the budget (mine is Feb 1st..how funny is that!?) DFIL is March, DS is April and Mom is Dec and those are the only ones we buy gifts for when it concerns birthdays. So I will start to watch for things for DFIL, DS and DM now. If I find something for a good price, I will pick it up and put it in the gift closet.

The cards though are difficult for me to remember...I always forget! So thanks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Made my to buy list of cards......shop on Friday at Dollar store....
    Great idea MM framing the card!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sure I'm in on this but I plan to make my birthdy cards w/stamps. is that ok???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tashagirl - of course..... would love to see pictures of the cards with the stamps. Are you going to design the stamp?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Birtthday card challenge

No just use the stamps that I have. I do card stamping as a craft or hobby.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tasha girl - we do want pictures!!!!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast