Friday Fling - Unmentionables! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBoz View Post
    Libby, I don't know what the general rule on this is, but I tossed them. I decided that I probably wouldn't buy second-hand undies, so I wouldn't ask for someone else to take mine.

Glad so many people jumped in on this! Yeah!
    Thats my thought on this too but I've seen unmentionables at the Goodwill/Salvation Army store on the racks!! I was very shocked. Trash they go!

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    As a child I thought everyone dusted with Dad's old underwear and old cloth diapers.
    Probably in that generation but I refuse to keep that tradition going on in this generation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Thats my thought on this too but I've seen unmentionables at the Goodwill/Salvation Army store on the racks!! I was very shocked. Trash they go!
    I saw some this weekend at the Goodwill.

Funny thing is that they was sorted nice and hung on hangers and I can go into major department stores and have to dig through them tossed in those cute bins/shelves they call organized, just to find my size brand spanking new.

Some things are just backwards in life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got rid of 28 pairs of panties and ill fitting bras!! Yay~!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Way to go Dana!!

My new underwear arrived today!! One sexy black bra and 6 pairs of French cut panties - I am in heaven. As budget permits, I will get more panties, so now I''ll just wash more often.

Amy - mahalo plenty for starting all this - you have brightened my day!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Funny thing is before I saw this thread I took all of mine out of the drawer and when I try them on and they don't fit; out they go. MM; tell me how it works ordering them online. (I meant in your case specifically after you've tried them on) I've bought the same size of all different kinds; some fit and some are tight. Sure wish they'd all measure the same size. Anyone else have this problem. That is why some of mine need to be tossed; brand new!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You guys are AWESOME!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to go thru my drawer this evening and get rid of some extras that don't fit or are in bad shape.

Thanks for starting this thread!!! I never remember to clean out the old panty/bra drawer

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Craftypam - I really like Jockey brand panties - French cut - cotton. I had originally purchased them at Macy's and on the mainland in their own stores. then, over the past few years I have picked up more Jockeys - but couldn't find the same style - so I played around with sizes.

What I did was go back to the original style and size I had purchased before (when I was slimmer) and one size smaller (because I am an optimist!!) The original size fits perfectly and the smaller size will soon!!

As far as bras go - I have tried less expensive brands, but have alwasy (since I was 16) found that Bali bras fit the best.

Hope this helps - know what you mean about different MFGs have different size and shapes - even Jockeys that I picked up at Walmart, etc. are not the quality that I can find at their own stores. Good luck!!

Mahalo again Amy - wouldn't have done this without the start you gave us!! What's next!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    Perfect one for me today Amy - mahalo!! Have been wanting to address this for awhile - am tired of holey panties that have grown toooo big. So, I have set 12 pairs aside that need to be tossed and as soon as my replacements arrive, out they'll go. (need to keep them in case of an emergency!!)

I'm ready for the next mini challenge Amy - you are definitely doing a great job!!

WTG on the smaller size! And I'm tellin' you MM, I'm gonna call Victoria's Secret on ya yet

But anyway, I did a panty purge a few weeks ago (something about that statement just sounds wrong. HA!) But I still did join in, and I tossed 3 pairs of panty hose. I'm gonna love going in that drawer now knowing all the pairs in there are good. I don't know what possesses me to always throw the "no-good" ones back in the drawer <shrug>. It almost always makes me late searching for a good pair

Anyway AmyBoz, I wanted to say that was a great idea fo a mini challenge , and can't wait till the next one. So whatcha thinking up for us?

See ya next time!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hmmmm.....Victoria Secret - there is one on Oahu that I might be able to check out during spring break!! Not to even mention going online!! doesn't sound very frugal to me, but it sure sounds like fun!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Actually, I cut mine up and use them as rags. I cut the elastic part off and use that part like a big rubber band to hold trash bags in place, etc. Elastic band can be expensive! Can also cut it up and use it to tie up tomatoes/etc in the garden. If they are stained I just cut that part off and throw it away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12