Reorganize my whole life! Challenge to me! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you dcompton.... You are right. I will pack away the fall and winter clothes for now, and go through the spring and summer. See, so simple....why didn't I think of that?

I will think about joining the weekly pyramid challenge. It is more accountability..

thank you so much. Think I am basically done for today, except for finding a box to pack some clothes away.

Tomorrow is church....then, we'll see.

As far as being retired....well, it was mostly due to health issues. I have congestive heart failure, and it became hard to work a full day at full speed without getting out of breath. Had to take a lot of breaks of slowing down to get it all done. However, I have worked so many years, I feel like I'm in limbo here. Now, my house and life is priority, and I just have to get through it. That's why I want to thank all of you for your help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry to hear your retirement was for health reasons -- that's not the way anyone wants to have to retire. It will doubtless take a while to adjust to the slower pace and leisure.

When, if, I ever retire, my mantra will be: I'm retired - I don't have to do anything I don't want to! (Well, except maybe wash the dishes.)

Congrats on what you accomplished today.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dcompton View Post
    Russ, sometimes we just need a week of tv and computer. It can be frustrating in retrospect, but I've done this too on long breaks (my drugs of choice are usually jigsaw puzzles, very light books, and computer). I'm always annoyed with myself, but then I try to be realistic and admit that if all I wanted to do was sit comotose, probably I was really really tired and it was, on the whole, good for me.
    I know. But tell me why I felt so guilty? :thinking:
    ~Russ

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I would get a notebook and make a page for every room. On it list what to do in that room--be specific. Then as the chores get done (or not ) you can see progress and it will spur you forward. This helps me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, I can try that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Congrats on the retirement!!!
    Kelly

Wife to Steven for 17 years

SAHM to Three wonderful Children:
    DD Robyn 17 DS Riley 15 DS Dalton 12 Piccolo Molly

Formally : GibblerKelly

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Kelly! Because it is Sunday, I am resting today. Will begin again tomorrow morning. You all have a great day. Thanks for being there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! Yesterday, I only got running done.... doctor office, deliver some bushes to some friends, take my car in for a brake job...picked up pizza for supper.

So far this morning, I've got one corner of the bathroom cleaned up... (keep in mind, I have (had) piles of clothes everywhere. ). Taking a break...then going back in...the bathroom will be completely done today. whoohooo!

I'll check back in when I am finished with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, ran out of steam before I got completely done. Just need to scrub the floor, then I will be done. So after I do that, I'm going to go to the laundramat today, and wash up almost everything, so that I can put some away, and box up the rest to get rid of. That is my project for today.
    Then tomorrow, on the list is the hallway....it's short, but packed...so that is the only thing on my list tomorrow.
    Later

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

NO ONE mentioned MUSIC!! That is the only thing that gets my butt moving. I put my ipod on and I ALWAYS get more than 1/2 of what I would have done without the music. It keeps me going and puts me in such a good mood. Also, I make a race out of it sometimes (this wouldn't be necessary for you now) but I play tricks with my mind and pretend someone is coming over in an hour and only clean those areas. Good luck with your organizing and just think once your done you'll feel so much better!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by acabin42 View Post
    Well, ran out of steam before I got completely done. Just need to scrub the floor, then I will be done. So after I do that, I'm going to go to the laundramat today, and wash up almost everything, so that I can put some away, and box up the rest to get rid of. That is my project for today.
    Then tomorrow, on the list is the hallway....it's short, but packed...so that is the only thing on my list tomorrow.
    Later
    You are making progress! Thats great!

I think the hard part of getting motivated is getting started. Once you get started it's a whole lot easier to keep going especially once you see the progress you are making.

Keep it up!!
    ~Russ

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, after doing the laundry, have been sorting clothes like crazy, and putting them away. Working on the hallway today.(didn't get it done the other day). I have also put a pork roast on to bake, and am gong to make a cake for dessert tonight. I feel good about the hallway. Like I said, it's short, but it's packed....I can do this and will.....thank you so much for the support.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default got a little delayed...

So much has happened.... went to visit 2 of my kids...then a friend passed away and I had to deal with that. Today I have cleaned out the fridge, and am doing dishes....After I get everything good and clean in the kitchen, I'm going to sort through it and get rid of a lot of it. Don't need that much stuff....

I keep plugging along.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday I was going to work in the kitchen all day, but DH wanted me to go ahead and go to the recycle center and run my errands because it was going to rain today. So, that's what I did yesterday. Today, I started on the kitchen again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Acabin, congrats on the retirement.

In my town, salvation army does scheduled pick ups at homes every friday. When I was on a two week vacation I scheduled pick ups for both fridays and called a day ahead to tell them what I had to donate. It kept me motivated to have the SA pick ups each week.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast