Home Decorators Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bumplet, Awww so sweet! I love Easter!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

YAY a picture! Thanks Bumplett. I love, love, love it

And Polly, I love your mini, and I did get to see it in person when I went to Ikea a few months ago and almost bought it too. My 17 YO found one in Lowes that she liked a little more, but it's very similar. Can't wait to get it. I love you little dressing room idea too. Now you know of course that you MUST post pics for us, right? I know I'm dying of curiosity, so pretty sure the rest of us are too!....sorry, but you stepped right into that one hahaha!

Now Pier One is full of Eye Candy, but rough on the wallet. Some of the clearance is ok, but all the ones I've been in were disappointingly small

I have to tell you ladies that I was thrilled to log back on and see so many wanting to join in. I was just about to let it go because there was only about 2 responses, and it woulda been hard to have much fun with only 3 people on board. So welcome ladies, to what I hope will be a fun challenge!

Now remember, we need new ideas all the time, so get those thinking caps on...lol! And did I mention how much we all love to see the pics? (thanks again bumplett ) I'm going to post some tomorrow, with a little, no make that ALOT of help....LOL!

Remember too, frugalality is great, but the challenge doesn't "have to" revolve around that theme. If you splurged on a $200 centepiece, show it off right here! We'd love to see it. And, if you hit the SA and found that same $200 centepiece for $5, you better make sure you're showing iy off to us....LOL

So off we go ladies Our homes are gonna be looking great in no time!! I'm petty excited about all this! I actually feel alive again!

Theresa
    Last edited by mamamia; 04-02-2010 at 01:06 AM. Reason: spelling :(...it is late ya know! hee-hee

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am so in on this one. I need to sand and stain my table and chairs and I am going to have to think about what kind of centerpiece I want to scrounge for around my house. Hmm. I am going to start sanding tomorrow. Might take me a while because my sander died last summer. Thats ok, my arms need a good workout. lol I will take before and after pics to post when I am done.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I'll join you. I've been cleaning like crazy lately so my table looks pretty awesome right except underneath. The legs could use a good wipe down. My dd picked all our daffodils and put them in a cup of water on the table so that looks very pretty. I bought a vintage light fixture at a yard sale last year and haven't installed it yet. Maybe I'll try to get that done this weekend. The problem with the new fixture is that it uses two standard bulbs and I'm replacing a 3 floodlight tracklight. I'm just not sure if it will be bright enough for the space. I guess I'll try and see. Pictures will be added later!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! It sounds like everybody's working pretty hard out there. Militlady, you're taking on a big project there, but that is excellent to be able to make old things new again! And nothing like shopping in your own house to find new life for something old too!. You too CraftyPam. Hope you unearth a goodie from your basement. I love that kinda creativity, kwim? Can't wait for your before and afters militlady.

And Nuisance, I'll be looking forward to seeing your pics too. I'm waiting for my picture helper to get home so I can post mine!

And krbshappy, thanks for the laugh on your tinsel decor. I couldn't believe it when I was out w/hubby the other night, and we drove past a house with a yard full of X-mas stuff, and I mean LOTS, all lit up no less...lol! This was in one of those million dollar real-estate areas too {shrug} Oh well!

This is so much fun! I needed this little "kick" to get motivated. This challenge is working for me

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

REMINDER - If you're doing a big project, like a paint job, or maybe you got new furniture, curtains, chandelier ( polly?) etc., you can post your pics anytime in between the mini challenges. That will always be an "open" part of the challenge. It just needs to something that's on the "major" side, ok?

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~It only took a few minutes to wipe down the legs of my table and it looks much better. My DH actually jumped up to change the light fixture when I suggested it which shocked me since he's not so handy and we've had the fixture, waiting, for 9 months. I had to get some special machine screws for it while I was out running errands today and the ceiling is in need of fresh paint but I'm happy to say my mini challenge is completed!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nuisance, that is just so nice, and white and clean looking! Am I right that this is like a 50s/country style kitchen? I just love the little rug too. I'm gonna guess that you made it, right? Nice job! Really cozies it up. I feel like I want to sit down and have a cuppa with Andy and Aunt Bea. lol!

Glad to hear your hubby was on board with you on this project. And that light fits right in with the theme. Perfect!! on a job well done!

So nice seeing your pics! Thanks!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd love to join! My dining room table needs to be spruced up. I'm not having Easter so there was no need to get out my Easter stuff but it needs a clean look. I'll be sure to take before and after pics. Can't wait to see more pics guys!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

YAY! We did it! The ones with the brick wall is the table we use in my "Italian Country" Family Room. The others are of my "Formal Italian" dining room. I kept the DR table simple because my china cabinet is filled with a very busy patterned plates and stuff. The other table top was made with "new found" things out of the garage. I'm not that happy with it...yet anyway

Theresa

the 1st pic was accidentally put in, and I don't know how to take it off. it's my server in my dr that I'm messing around with ideas for and took the pic for that purpose of getting a camera's view... sorry, didn't mean to crash on the table theme!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

nuisance26, Wow! I love the table and chairs! Your simple center piece makes quite a statement. I noticed the rug too, it's darling! Fabulous light fixture too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Very nice mamamia. I'm loving the rich colors, and the light fixture above the round table is just beautiful. Nice job, very nice indeed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pollypurebred39 View Post
    Very nice mamamia. I'm loving the rich colors, and the light fixture above the round table is just beautiful. Nice job, very nice indeed.
    Aww! Thanks Polly! I am so into deep reds, greens, and terra-cotta right now. Except for the kid's rooms, those colors have taken over my house..lol! I admire pastels so much in other people's homes, and have had some pastel rooms over the years, but for some reason I just can't live with them. At least not very long.

Can't wait to see your pics too! I just know they're gonna be great. You seem so creative and choosey to me, and I'm guessing you have a "good eye" for things.

Keep those pics coming ladies! We got alot of good decorators here on the FV! ..lol!

Theresa

PS- and Nuisance, Don't feel bad about your light. I forgot before to mention that my light fixture took over a year to get put up! But I guess "all's well, that ends well", right? hahaha!

Husbands!! {shrug} but we still love 'em, don't we??

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

nuisance26, what a cozy kitchen.

mamamia, OMG. I love the brick wall! Very beautiful.

What a fun thread. I will have to see what I come up with.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mamamia, I'm not sure mine will be much of anything really. Our dining room table is tucked up againist a wall in our living room. It's too country (husband chose and I conceeded) and well worn for my liking. It's a bit squashed in and seems out of place in our tiny rancher.

I'd love to find a smallish round table on a pedestal for the space, maybe throw up a candleabra over it (no electric, would have to be candles), and give the walls a splash of color, but for now it will have to do.

At this moment I have two of the most fabulous hunting dog pictures over the table. Love the English library look and just could not let them sit at the mission thrift. They do not fit in the country style of the table or hutch. I so hate to take them down, but I think I might. I'd love to go for French country with roosters which was the way I was leaning, but then I snapped back to reality and decided that to purchase anything would be unwise. What I have is a hen nesting in a basket, an antique tray with a chicken farmyard scene, and a gingham tablecloth. The gingham tablecloth is not unlike (some styles of) French country however, if I use chickens instead of roosters along with my very country table I'm afraid the theme will be country by default. But this is a use what you have challenge for me so I guess it will be barnyard country.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast