Home Decorators Challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by militlady View Post
    I love that blinds idea. I am so doing that in my living room.
    Militlady, I'd love to see your results with that. Isn't that a great and frugal idea? And like Polly, I was wondering how your table project was coming along too. I wish I had your ambition! Do you think you could send some my way?

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nuisance26 View Post
    ~
    I love the pics you posted Mamamia! Brick, dark colors and that fabulous hanging pendant lamp! Wow, what a gorgeous statement. I LOVE the Italian look! A set table looks so welcoming and can't be a breeding ground for clutter, good idea!~
    Nuisance, I am so sorry! I don't know how i got past not thanking you for the compliments. And oh yeah, no clutter on my tables, but now if you seen the top of my microwave.... But I do thank you, and yes, I am so loving all those deep colors in my house right now. We had put up that brick to go with the country style I had before, but to tell you the truth though, I love it all the more with the Italian look. I just don't really feel that I've achieved the "look" I have in my mind yet. Just can't seem to pin point it though

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pollypurebred39 View Post
    Love the fabric trash to treasure challenge. I'm thinking that I'd like to use the duck fabric I have and cover a lampshade for DS2's cabin themed room (work in progress) Going to have to check out Goodwill for a lamp!
    Polly, what a great idea! Do you have directions how to do that? I have 2 very plain white shades that I'd love to do something with. I was thinking of fabric painting on a plaid with the room colors. Matbe the fabric would be better though. Plmk about that when you can.

I really need to learn multi-quoting for sure!!

Theresa

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Luckybustert View Post
    I could benefit from this too! Actually I don't have a problem with the cleaning the table part....it's the keeping it clean that seems to elude me!

Well Luckybustert, I'm glad to see you here! I guess we all got those "spots" that get cluttered up pretty fast. I know mine is the microwave. This really is more of a Decorating Challenge, but maybe putting together a nice, new table top will be all the inspiration you'll need to keep it clean. Hmmm! I wonder what would work for microwave tops

Welcome aboard!!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Trash to Treasure decorating with fabric is a great challenge idea! I'll have to think about that a bit......Maybe I'll finally get to making a cover for an ugly microwave cart I use in the living room......Gotta think...~

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Theresa,

I wasn't sure how I was going to do it for sure. But, it seems to me the easiest way would be to make a paper template of the shade and pin it to the material and cut out. After that I was thinking that I'd use spray adhesive to attach the material to the shade and cording (maybe) around the top and bottom of the shade to trim it. Of course this is all in therory and as I work the project things could change.

I like the table runner from placemats idea. It's certainly a great project for someone who is not a master with the sewing machine like me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I did my table, now it somehow got messy again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Theresa,

I found a tutorial on covering a lampshade in fabric

How to cover a lampshade Fat Orange Cat

I stopped at Goodwill today and did a scan for lamps but came up empty I'll keep looking there's bound to be one out there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm still working on my dining table. I managed to get my tray over the table after a lot of fussing with it. No matter what I did the tray was hanging crooked. I fussed with it till I was so frustrated I sat down and stared at it, willing the answer for hanging it straight to come to me. I thought of enlisting DH help, but quickly remembered how the pictures I made for the bathroom were STILL sitting on the back of the toilet tank waiting to be hung up figured I better work it out myself if I wanted this project finished before the year 2012. My solution? I rolled duct tape up and put it on the back of the tray, straightened it and stuck it to the wall! Now it's being held by a nail so it's not going to go anywhere, the tape is just to straighten it. I realized at the moment I stuck it to the wall and stepped back to judge my placement that it's now official, I've become my Father!

I also discovered tonight that one of the chairs is broken. I'm going to have to scour the garage tomorrow for a clamp and wood glue.

Dining room table still a work in progress

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Last edited by pollypurebred39; 04-07-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ladies,

Since this is a decorating challenge thread I was wondering if any of you have any ideas on smartening up an old office computer chair. I found it at a mission thrift store for $8. This thing is solid as a rock and has withstood the test of time, however it is just office ugly. I'd like to give it a makeover....any ideas?

This is a trash to treasure item that has me stumped.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pollypurebred39 View Post
    Ladies,

Since this is a decorating challenge thread I was wondering if any of you have any ideas on smartening up an old office computer chair. I found it at a mission thrift store for $8. This thing is solid as a rock and has withstood the test of time, however it is just office ugly. I'd like to give it a makeover....any ideas?

This is a trash to treasure item that has me stumped.
    What a great find Polly! Can you post a pic or describe it? Is it all wood, metal, and any fabric? This can turn into a great discussion! Thanks for putting it out there!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Theresa,

I think I'll need DS1 to take a picture of it, I haven't been able to find a picture online.

It's black plastic with side arms, and is extremely heavy. I mean REALLY heavy. It has a fabric seat and back.

All the tutorials I've found suggest unscrewing the chair and stapling fabric to recover, but this can not be unscrewed. The seat and back were popped in place. If I try to unpop them I just might not get them back in place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I'm not positive about this idea working out , but I'm thinking that since you might not be able to pop out the fabric areas, could you cut out the shapes of the seat and back (leaving a couple of overflow inches around the pattern), and then with a heavy duty staple gun, staple around the edges directly to the chair? And then take some co-ordinating twisted rope trim, and glue it directle to the edging? That rope trim, as I'm sure you know, is cheap as anything, but looks like a million bucks when it's used right! Boullion fringe adds even more, but of course it depends on the style.

Now you said it was black plastic? Is it like a VERY modern style? And are you looking to change that "look" in any way? Did you want to paint the plastic? I'm sure you could if you primed it first. Remember that faux woodgraining page I sent you from the Martha Stewart site? Maybe something along those lines?

I know I'm playing "20 Questions" here, but where will you keep the chair? That I guess should've been the 1st question

See if your son can help you post that pic. I'm sure we'll be able to help alot more with it. Otherwise we'll just try our best w/o it.

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, the tabletop challenge is going slow. I looked for a clamp in the garage but none are big enough *sigh* I did however tea stain some doily's for the tabletop. I also got a bit sidetracked with this challenge and dug out my Grandmother's china and put it away in the hutch tody. Thank my ADD. I will be posting pictures soon, even if I don't fix the chair first.

Still thinking about the office chair and the upcoming scrap fabric decorating challenge. Hoping I'll find a lamp to use or I just may have to pick another fabric project.

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast