Home Decorators Challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pollypurebred39 View Post
    Well, the tabletop challenge is going slow. I looked for a clamp in the garage but none are big enough *sigh* I did however tea stain some doily's for the tabletop. I also got a bit sidetracked with this challenge and dug out my Grandmother's china and put it away in the hutch tody. Thank my ADD. I will be posting pictures soon, even if I don't fix the chair first.

Still thinking about the office chair and the upcoming scrap fabric decorating challenge. Hoping I'll find a lamp to use or I just may have to pick another fabric project.
    Wow! Tea staining doilies! I was always doing that when I was doing Victorian style. Man! My heart still aches a little from not having it anymore My husband still wonders why I made the switch, but he loves all the Italian styling too. He just knows me...maybe even better than I know myself sometimes

So you got out your grandmother's china? Now I REALLY can't wait to see your pics. Please do include your hutch and don't worry about the office chair. I'm fascinated with all your heirlooms.

I haven't decided yet what I'm doing with my white lamp shades yet. I like the fabric idea, but I also saw a finished shade with just varying widths of black stripes painted around it. I'd like to do black and red stripes, because he has 2 red faux leather throw pillows for his bed. He has 2 mustard colored ones too that I'm not sure about taking back or not. I love it with the black/white/grey/red scheme though. I'd add some of that mustard color to the stripes to make it tie in. So I just might be joining you for a different scrap fabric project too. I kinda like the covered light switch, and I've done it before. It's a breeze to make, and gives the room a small, but nice decorator's "touch".

I'll TTYL!

Theresa

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm done the tabletop challenge, just waiting for DS1 to take pictures and post them for me.

I'll send a picture of the hutch, but I don't have the china out but underneath. What I have out is stoneware & enamelware mostly. I do have a platter and bowl DS2 made, my favorite things on the whole hutch! Anyway, I'll post a picture but if you want to see the china I'll have to take a picture when I set it for a family meal. Not a problem, just might take a bit longer to post.

Yes, tea staining. My little hen needs something to rest on and it seemed like a good solution.

I'm already for the scrap fabric challenge, bring it on!

Got to run, family just walked in the door

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Threasa, Have you decided what to do with those pillows yet? I really like the lampshade idea. It sounds like they will fit in with a masculine decorating theme.

I've already decided on my scrap fabric decorating project, and frankly I got so excited about it I couldn't wait for you to open the new challenge offically, I already started and it's already looking fabulous! Here's what I decided to do ~ Just click on the title for the picture

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3864678755/"]Scrap Fabric Wreath on Flickr - Photo [email protected]@[email protected]@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3075/[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@1e98cbbfe5[/ame]

I found a bunch that the ladies might like, I'll make a post with the links for them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~That is so cute Polly! I made a rag garland for use as a birthday decoration and it was just cut, tie and smoosh. Very fun and fast!
    Where are you hanging yours?~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

nuisance,

I'm going to hang it on our door to the kitchen. I really need something there to welcome guest.

LOVE the idea of a rag garland. Did you find it on a website? I'd love to see what they look like. It sounds like it would be really pretty.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What a wonderful thread! I have enjoyed reading all of them so far. I love seeing the pictures you all post and the links too!
    I want to do the table redo myself, but right now we are still in the process of remodleing our kitchen. Even though we are in the home stretch. Dh is doing the backspash today yay! The dining room still is somewhat construction central.

Now that the kitchen is not gong to be the country look I had envisioned all along. It has ended up with a more modern look. I like it, but that is not my first love in style. I am more homey, compfy. My dining room table was once the honey colored wood with white legs type. I have it painted dark brown now and it is okay. I think I would like it better in black now that our countertops are black granite.

I do have a buffet that I bought for 80.00 at a thrift store. I know it was splurge, but it works great for my craft stuff right next to the table. I don't have that much fancy china or stuff like that so the buffet is serving a different purpose for me.

I love the window blind/shade idea!

keep posting pics as you all keep finishing projects it is so neat to see how creative everyone is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Look at this person's creative space! Can you imagine having a room like this to create in! WOW!!!!

Click on title to view

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3311100505/"]My creative space on Flickr - Photo [email protected]@[email protected]@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3529/[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@788cccdddd[/ame]

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3311100967/in/photostream/"]My creative space on Flickr - Photo [email protected]@[email protected]@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3325/[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@aa59c3fee3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157605756383768/"]Most interesting - a set on Flickr[/ame]

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As promised here's a list of links to get your creative juices flowing for the scrap fabric upcoming home decorating challenge. So many great projects here, I think I'll have a list of to do projects on my wish list.

This one is really great. I wish I'd have saved that old Hawaiin shirt of my husbands. It would have made a great project for my Hawaiin themed bathroom.

Get Craft Ideas for Fabric at WomansDay.com - Learn Fabric Craft Projects

I just make make one of these with the scrap rustic deer fabric I have for my son's cabin themed bedroom.

Free Waste Basket Cover Sewing Pattern

I may even make this in the same fabric for his room.

Free Tissue Box Cover Sewing Pattern

This is really cute and would look great tucked up on a shelf in a country style room.

Free Primitive Star Ornament Pattern

Totally cute! I can see this in a country decor room too.

Free Penny Rug Candle Wrap Pattern

For the crafty quilters

Free Patchwork and Quilting Craft - Wall Hanging

This craft has so many possibilities. you could spruce up a dull bathroom, make a set of canisters for flour, sugar, tea using oatmeal containers, or even a cookie jar or dog treat container for the kitchen.

Free Craft Project: Decoupage Bath Salts Container

While at first glance this project seems a bit drab this really could be a spectacular message board. It all depends on the fabric you chose. I think these would be great for kid's rooms, the kitchen, or home office.

Free Bulletin Board Craft Pattern

Another great one for the crafty quilters of the bunch.

Framed Flip and Sew Quilt Block

Again for the crafty quilters

Creative Crafts with Fabrics - Free Sewing Craft Idea! Patchwork Picture "Colorful Swirls"

Here's one that's perfect for a Victorian or Romantic bedroom decor.

Creative Crafts with Fabrics - Free Sewing Craft Projects - Sew a Lacy and Elegant Fabric Heart Picture

From my previous post on page 4 you can find some other neat scrap fabric projects. Check them out!
    Last edited by pollypurebred39; 04-12-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok Ladies! The Fabric Scrap- Trash to Treasure Challemge is officially open!! This will be on till next Wednesday, 4/21.

Polly, thanks so much for posting all those links! I appreciate you helping to keep the enthusiasm alive here while I'm not feeling great

I hope you girls will have fun with this project. It's always fun to create something out of "practically nothing" like fabric scraps. Decorators always say the more fabric in a room, the cozier it becomes. So there's alot of links to look through, and I posted a few more as well. I want to look around more, but I pretty much have my heart set on the fabric covered switch plate. I have made them before, but I just folded, tucked, and hot glued. The instructions in the link require a little bit of sewing. A good idea, but really not necessary.

So here's the few more I found, but will continue to search and post. I really would love to see alot of you join in. And remember, pics are great, but if you can't then just post what you're doing. We still would love to know!

This 1st project I thought would worl great in 3s, and would look so cute on a window sill. Nice teacher gift? And yes, if you have kids who want to join the crafty projects, by all means, let them have fun with us.

1> Pretty Fabric Covered Flower Pots: {Crafty} : TipNut.com

This one I also thought would be nice done in multiples, and used to make a wall grouping alone, or mixed in with other wall hangings. A little girls room or hallway?

2> Poppy Lane

And #3. This is the switchplate project. Endless possibilities for ANY room. The one I made a few years back was for my country styled kitchen at the time. I added a lace trim framing, and it gave it that little extra "something". If you've got a stash of trims like zig-zag, etc, I'm sure you could get very creative with this little project

3> Switchplates | Pink Chalk Studio

So lets have some fun with this And remember, if you find something, and you want to post it, we'd love to see it!

Can't wait for the fun to begin!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Threasa, Have you decided what to do with those pillows yet? I really like the lampshade idea. It sounds like they will fit in with a masculine decorating theme.

I've already decided on my scrap fabric decorating project, and frankly I got so excited about it I couldn't wait for you to open the new challenge offically, I already started and it's already looking fabulous! Here's what I decided to do ~ Just click on the title for the picture

Scrap Fabric Wreath on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

LOL! Polly, you are so funny! I love that "couch" icon, but I'm so glad you got started because I'm running a day or two late (needed my own couch this time)...lol! And I just gotta tell ya, I am LOVIN" the wreath! What a great idea. And especially if you got lots of unused fabric pieces. I truly can't wait to see it done, but can you please show us what you've done so far? I got "ants in my pants" over this one.

I decided to keep the mustard pillows. I took them out over the weekend, and I liked the look of them next to the reddish colored ones. My hubby thought it made the room look better because of all the grey, black, and white. So that brings me to the lamp shades...since I'm using those pillow colors, I decided to find some different widths grosgrain (sp?) ribbon in those colors, and create some kind of pattern. I found an unbelievable bargain at jcp dot com on panels today. I got them in white, and I plan on trimming them also with the ribbon. Just have to keep it masculine. Any pattern ideas for me? Here's what I got except in white, but the panels were only $8.49 each. I also got the matching valance for the same price. >>

JCPenney : Linden Street Solid Grommet-Top Twill Panel

I'll keep my progress posted. Remember, I don't sew, so I'll be either using Stitch Witchery (iron on adhesive), or fabric glue. (eek) I prefer the iron on stuff...I think {shrug} With the shade, I of course have to glue. Anyway, I'm a little nervous, but I got high hopes for this one. In my head it's great...but we shall see, what we shall see...lol!

Hoping to see bunches of goodies!!

Theresa
    Last edited by mamamia; 04-13-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by jas View Post
    What a wonderful thread! I have enjoyed reading all of them so far. I love seeing the pictures you all post and the links too!
    I want to do the table redo myself, but right now we are still in the process of remodleing our kitchen. Even though we are in the home stretch. Dh is doing the backspash today yay! The dining room still is somewhat construction central.

Now that the kitchen is not gong to be the country look I had envisioned all along. It has ended up with a more modern look. I like it, but that is not my first love in style. I am more homey, compfy. My dining room table was once the honey colored wood with white legs type. I have it painted dark brown now and it is okay. I think I would like it better in black now that our countertops are black granite.

I do have a buffet that I bought for 80.00 at a thrift store. I know it was splurge, but it works great for my craft stuff right next to the table. I don't have that much fancy china or stuff like that so the buffet is serving a different purpose for me.

I love the window blind/shade idea!

keep posting pics as you all keep finishing projects it is so neat to see how creative everyone is.
    jas, I am so happy to read that you're enjoying the thread, and you can post your table-top pics any time you're ready. There's a few others that mentioned wanting to post, but for one reason or another haven't been able to yet. So that project will stay open for awhile longer.

I'd love to be in your shoes with your kitchen remodel. Now THAT'S exciting I wanted to let you know too, that all major projects are open to posting in the thread. So if you want to, you can post pics, progress, etc. As always said, we LOVE pictures here, and a project like your's is always fun to follow.

I wanted to mention that I think that a contemporary and country mix can make a great statement. As a matter of fact, I personally love it. It's that homey/comfy feel you mentioned, just with a modern edge. I'm doing Italian Country, and I feel it has that moderness to it also. Just enough w/o it being able to be called just modern. I like it alot!

So jas, please do join us with your kitchen make-over. It'll be fun to cheer your progress on

Theresa

PS- forgot to mention what a great way to use a buffet. Again, pictures please? hahaha!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wanted to mention something I had planned on doing after seeing some similar pieces in Target's. They were very similar to what Polly posted here>

Get Craft Ideas for Fabric at WomansDay.com - Learn Fabric Craft Projects

...the difference is that I had acquired alot of strofoam board pieces in different sizes, and planned on covering some with co-ordinating fabrics like the ones shown in the project pictures. I could easily cut the "boards" to fit the many empty frames I have, but the ones in Target's were frameless, and the fabrics were stapled to artist's canvas boards. To tell you the truth I liked the frameless look better anyway. And Talk about simple!! It'll just be a matter of trim cutting the corners to fit, and then using straight pins to hold it all together.

So if you have any styrofoam around, you just might be able to turn it into a few works of art! I've seen this done using large canvas boards on HGTV as well. Super cool!! Super CHEAP ...that is the FV motto, no? hee-hee!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm just loving all these ideas!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spotted this on Polly's link above to that awesome creative space. She used the fabric flowers for a handbag project, but the possibilities are truly endless here. Pushpin covers maybe? But I do love that newsprint fabric. Anyone else have ideas for this?

Fabric Flowers - wise craft

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Look at this person's creative space! Can you imagine having a room like this to create in! WOW!!!!

Click on title to view

My creative space on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

My creative space on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Most interesting - a set on Flickr
    No wonder she's so creative! So much inspiration in there. This is just way too cool! If I had that room, I'd never leave...lol! Did you happen to notice her cabinet with all her OZ books and things? Or the beach bag and flip-flops sets? So, so cute.

That was so much fun to look at! Thanks for posting!

Theresa

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast