Daily 15 minute cleaning challenge
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Daily 15 minute cleaning challenge

I have decided the only way I am going to get through the clutter and general messiness in my home is to challenge myself to set my timer and do nothing but clean for 15 minutes everyday. Not the normal everyday cleaning like washing the dishes or folding the laundry but something that will help me reduce clutter and get rid of the stuff we no longer use. Who wants to join me?

My challenge for today is clean out the linen closet in the bathroom. Go through the towels and decide what to keep and what to relocate to the garage for rags. Sort the medications and get rid of expired meds. Stuff like that.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a great approach - I'll join you!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by militlady View Post
    My challenge for today is clean out the linen closet in the bathroom. Go through the towels and decide what to keep and what to relocate to the garage for rags. Sort the medications and get rid of expired meds. Stuff like that.
    And you can do all that in 15 minutes?

I would probably get side tracked.......but might get something done.

Good luck.........

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got the linen closet cleaned out. Had about 1/2 a bag of trash in there. I also went through our first aid kit and tossed what was expired in there too and made a list of stuff I need to pick up at the pharmacy tomorrow. I can actually see what is in there now. I know that no one else can see what is in there but it makes me feel better.

My 15 minute speed clean for tomorrow is the freezer. It is getting so messy in there that I have no idea what's in there. Hard to plan a menu if you don't know what you have.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love this approach ML! I've been using this method for some time now, and if I really just keep going , I am amazed at what can actually be accomplished. I have always done 5 minute pick-ups for the kids before bed/bath time. Again, the trick is to go non-stop.

I'm gonna join you in the linen closet challenge tomorrow. My fridge I'll do Wednesday, because Thursday is garbage p/u.

I like these small challenges. I can usually get the mini ones done at least.

Thanks!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will do the kitchen "junk drawer" for 15 minutes today! I love the timer approach, ever since I heard about it from FlyLady. If anyone else here is a perfectionist procrastinator like me, you should definitely check her out. Just google.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm going to also do the kitchen junk drawer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am going to do the bookcase in my bedroom. I know there is a libary book hiding out on one of the shelves.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Love this approach militlady and it always works for me when I do it!!

Last night I spent 15 minutes cleaning out the small bookcase and area around my space on the couch - it's not done yet, so will spend another 15 mintues today!! Mahalo for the inspiration!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got my freezer done. It was pretty quick. Unload, wipe and reload. Nothing to discard except some BM that was hiding in the back. Been there too long to try risking giving it to my son. Now I know whats in there and it is sorted by type. beef, fish, fowl and other.

Tomorrow, I am going to clean under the kitchen sink.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did it today with my kitchen floor........have to sweep and 'power broom' it almost every day during gardening season (10 feet tracking in)..........so I didn't spend 15 minutes but it stopped me from going on to mop.........which usually happens.......then I am sidetracked.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I spent another 15 minutes working on my storage room today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Woo hoo. Everyone is getting so much done with just 15 minutes! I think 15 minutes is a perfect amount of time because everyone has 15 minutes in a day that doesn't really take away from anything else. And it doesn't burn you out or overwhelm you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is great! I love hearing about everyone's progress. Makes me want to get moving

I think for the rest of the week, I'm gonna get in my sun room. It's getting "cluterry" again , and needs some re-arranging. I also want to get my valances down. I'm really tired of looking at them. Three years is way too long for me. I just might even go bare windows for awhile, at least till we paint again...hopefully in the summer anyway. I'll see how it looks first.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...lol!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great idea, and you'd be surprised what you can get done in just 15 minutes. I'm joining in too

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast