Making my home more welcoming for us and others...... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo Libby. What's a Sugarland Song?

Things go in cycles for me and I think for most of us. Give yourself a break until you are ready. While I believe in pushing myself sometimes - it definitely isn't all the time!!

Mahalo for your suport and kind words!!
    Wonder what I'll work on tomorrow?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sugarland is a country band.

Here's the video for the song - at about 3.45...basically at the end...the guy sings "dreams come true"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y75lVEv7Tqw]YouTube - Sugarland - Baby Girl[/ame]

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like a plan. You can do it.

I love drop in guests. Everyone in our family knows we have a "open door" policy. Hubby grew up with a literal open door. He said you never knew who was going to be there and nearly half the town he was related too (okay that is a bit of an exaggeration).

We are working on making the house more welcoming and comfortable for us. Right now that includes working furniture, Little Miss a bed frame, a "desk" instead of a card table of the extra computer, sofa and loveseat.

Hubby ask me why I was still up. Told him I had an odd feeling that everything was fixed and I wanted to enjoy it. He said could understand the yesterday the house was broke and today lots was fixed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    Hubby ask me why I was still up. Told him I had an odd feeling that everything was fixed and I wanted to enjoy it. He said could understand the yesterday the house was broke and today lots was fixed.
    That sentence didn't make sense. (Probably time to it the hay.)

so here it is fixed

Hubby asked me why I was still up. I told him that I had an odd feeling that everything was fixed and I wanted to enjoy it. He said he could understand, as yesterday the house was broken and today lots was fixed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will be something like this for the next to weeks to get ready for the holidays. I want visitors this season but if the house isn't presentable I won't be comfortable to invite them in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Imagine - your first post was clear - and so understood!!

AnnK - kmym - looking forward to lots of comany for you in your clean and comfortable home!!

Haven't done anything yet, just wanted to check in because I love the support and ideas from all of you!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    Imagine - your first post was clear - and so understood!!

AnnK - kmym - looking forward to lots of comany for you in your clean and comfortable home!!

Haven't done anything yet, just wanted to check in because I love the support and ideas from all of you!!

There is so much that still needs fixed but I was enjoying the feeling.

Hubby has this week off for vacation and he is tackling the "honey do" list. We just finished hanging the quilt differently and he is now screwing the hose hanger up outside. 7 more days of vacation!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Imagine - in seven days, he will perform miracles!! would love to see pictures of how you hung the quilt!!

Am starting to dig into one more area!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Imagine - in seven days, he will perform miracles!! would love to see pictures of how you hung the quilt!!
    Hopefully I learn how to get pictures on the computer and post them here. Maybe Hubby can figure that out and teach me this week.

So until then... We hung a long curtain rod the kind with finnnels (balls) Hung quilt over it like a towel (put not folded so you can see the whole quilt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know what you mean about company helping you clean. A few weeks ago we changed our daycare arrangements for my son, and now my MIL picks him up at our house everyday. Knowing that she will be in my kitchen and living room is TONS of motivation for getting those dishes clean and toys picked up the night before!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sigh...I wish I were the type of person that likes drop-in company. I tell myself I will become that person one day, but until then....

It's not that the house is a mess or anything. It's more the mood it puts me in, because I was always taught that it was rude to just drop in. I am trying to change this, because I realize in today's very busy world that is the way it is. But I admit to being grumpy if it happens to me. I think the worse now is the cell phone usage. For people who are so wired constantly, why can't they give me a heads up they are coming instead of sitting in the driveway calling me with no notice?

So I guess to make my house more inviting, I would have to change my attitude. Nothing worse than an out-of-sorts hostess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Booklover - please don't change yourself or your attitude IMO - bet there are a lot of people who totally agree with you!!

Telephus - love the new arrangements - Your MIL has no idea of the gift she has given you in picking up your DS!!

Imagine - that's how I hung one of my quilts - love seeing it up there everyday. Looking forward to pictures!!

Yesterday I worked on one small area - like 16" by 20" that held a lot of stuff!! Not finished over there yet - found some treasures too!! Also cleaned off the couch at the end of the evening so it didn't look a mess this morning!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You can do it!!!! A little bit here and there everyday and then you relize it's all done. Ummm guys, please don't forget to come and get me to go too... I can be packed and ready to go by tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo Rissimo! You may have to start the whole process - didn't realize that you're from Tennessee- what a beautiful state!!

Right now I am staring at the table that needs to be decluttered - should be able to accomplish it in one evening. Need to make sure that I don't just move clutter around!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mahalo Rissimo! You may have to start the whole process - didn't realize that you're from Tennessee- what a beautiful state!!

Right now I am staring at the table that needs to be decluttered - should be able to accomplish it in one evening. Need to make sure that I don't just move clutter around!!
    Yes it is a beautiful place. I love the mountains. I am really bad at cleaning and just moving things to different places and then cluttering up that area. I need to learn to just let go......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast