Frugal Village Forums banner

January 2011 De-cluttering Challenge - Boudoir

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  hotprincesscm 
#1 ·
(Or Master Bedroom)

I am cleaning/decluttering my house one room each month, starting with my bedroom. (After the stress of the holidays, I will need a quiet, soothing, CLEAN place to unwind....I'm thinking of it as my Christmas gift to myself.)

The plan is to completely empty the room, deep clean it, and then return to the room ONLY the things I absolutely love, use, and have room for.

Anyone care to join me?

#5 ·
I'm going to try and join you, if you are doing one a month I can find the time for that, doing one a week is impossible for me.

I really need to declutter each and every room, drawer, nick and cranny I have. Its really gotton out of control lately. I agree it would be a really nice gift to yourself!

#6 ·
My bedroom closet is where I put things if i'm not sure what I want to do with certain items or will get to it later. I may join you for cleaning out my closet for the month of Jan.

#7 ·
I am so in for this one!!! Cant wait actually...

Not quite know where to start but I will try and focus on a section a week...

What I will need to do;

Sort out where the folded clothes are going to go...we gave our dresser to DD.
Clean off and clean out the dresser
Clean out the wardrobe
Tidy everything off the floor
Move furniture out vacuum and steam clean
Wipe down window ceils and skirting boards
Make sure doona is cleaned
Move everything back and enjoy!

#8 ·
I will do this one. My main focus is on my closet for January, but I'm sure that will spill out into other areas of the room and we are planning on finally moving the little one out of our room so we'll be reclaiming the nursery area of our room.

#11 ·
ooooooohhh!!!! i was just telling my hubby that before we put all of the xmas stuff back up into the attic i want to pull down EVERYTHING that's in the attic and go through it. THAT will be my January!!! i'm TOTALLY into this challenge!!! i've been trying to "purge" my house all year, but a DEEP clean of each room one at a time is TOTALLY the right way to do it!
Y'all keep me motivated here & i need that!! THANKS!! :)

#12 ·
Today i did dd's room...

Every year after christmas i deep clean the kids bedrooms so that we have room for all the new stuff....today was dd's rooms turn...and oh my goodness.....i pulled out three bags of trash which included iold broken toys and clothes that didn't fit anymore or they were stained beyond giving them away......pulling down old closet hangy things and going to put up new panels for the doors and making curtains to match the panels on the closet...dh needs to make her a little reading corner in her closet but we should be able to get this all done within a month....

#15 ·
Definitely on board for this challenge! Just got DD's bedroom done this past week... The master bedroom is out of control and the master bathroom and master closet might have to wait for another month, depending how fast I can get the master bedroom done. ;)

#16 ·
Uughhh Landlord is redoing the carpet through my entire apartment tomorrow.....I have most of my bedroom kinda packed up right now...to move everything around easier...but the tops of my closets are a disaster...I have too many "extra" blankets and such...so once I get back to "normal" after this remodeling stuff...I will be sorting through that and making another large donation to the Salvation army!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.