A New Beginning. Challenge. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok. So... Christmas night we get home about 5:00. After four Christmas'... we decide to start moving. Oh yes! We moved our girls' beds, our mattresses, the bathroom and a few kitchen items. Made it to bed about 1:00 and to Church on time to serve.

After services we took a nap, oops. About three hours worth. It was nice, we were all exhausted, including our kids, so I'm not complaining!

We started again at about 5:00 and were done moving at about 9:00. We only have part of the kitchen and the panty to move, my books (which is a lot... lol) and a few other small things (like taking down the Christmas tree) to do and we can move the couch, treadmill, freezer and fridge (they're going to our business) and kitchen table. And we're done. So hopefully tonight I can say we're DONE moving things OUT and just unpack as much as I can until Thursday... Friday we're going away for New Years.

I am exhausted. I am also extremely excited...

This is an answered prayer for our family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope you get everything done so you can have a relaxing new year. Congrats on making the move and so glad GOD has blessed you with your answered prayer. Congrats on your new life. God bless you and keep you in the year to come.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Myself and one other member on this board are planning to do the very same thing this coming year. I'm excited to see someone is already in the process. Good luck to you and best wishes.

We are preparing by cleaning out and getting rid of things while we wait to get our house sold. When we can move we will be renting a house half the size of ours right across the street from Dh's employer so we can get rid of the second car too.

We thought that our dream was that to have house with a picket fence and new cars in the driveway. But what we found is that one mans dream is another mans nightmare and we have become trapped in our own nightmare.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're almost moved! We're doing the moving ourselves (my husbands cousin helped move the heavier things like our couch and treadmill) so it's taking a little bit of time, especially with three kids! Currently working on the kitchen and closets. I think once those two BIG things are done, it'll feel a little more home-like.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck! Can't wait to hear more about your move... it sounds like it is going well! We are downsizing from 2500 to 600 sf on Feb 1!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have been out of the old place since yesterday evening. It feels great. I brought about 5 more boxes of things to the local thrift store and we're still unpacking The kids' bedrooms are done, all of the laundry is put away. Kitchen is done. Mostly have boxes of pictures and knick knacks that I know I'll have to really sit down and think about, haha! My next step is to organize the master bedroom. Didn't need bookcases in the old place (they were built in) and I am a book lover - I will never part with most of them (and I do read them over and over again)! So bookcases and a smaller desk is needed... I'm a student for the next (at least) four years so that's a huge (little?) part for me...

Today, however, my husband and I are going away while the girls go off to grandma's - have a very happy and safe New Years everyone! May God Bless 2011!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12