2011 - Homemade Christmas Challenge - Page 25
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 152223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default My arm hurts from knitting

I'm knitting scarf number 16, should be the last one unless I get some great inspiration of someone else needing one. Still need to put the ribbon fringe on them. Bought emery powder for pin cushions for MIL and SIL. They made a bunch of yo-yos and made napkin rings for DD's wedding in October. Ended up with some leftover so I'm making them each a pin cushion with two yo-yos and a button topper. I hope they end up ok. I have a bunch of homemade jam left over from the wedding (they were the favors) and so some people will get Jam baskets. It's been so long since I had a homemade christmas. It feels good and makes me a LOT happier than a mall trip.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds gret Linda. Where did you get the emery powder?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default emery powder

I got it on Etsy. To get locally I would have to buy 50 pounds from a building supply. I have a little tiny condo and didn't think I would EVER make that many pin cushions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Snow paint Kit for BIL and their young family ( children 6, 4 and 2) -Done gather the food coloring, spray bottles typed out directions to make the paint and put them in a gallon ziploc made a bag topped that says Snow paint Kit Turned out cute I think.

Family fun recipes for same BIL and their young family - DONE- Printed these up and made a little book.

Still need to do:
    Buddy still needs to make his melted snowmen for his teachers

and I still need to make chocolate spoon for my SIL and her family. have all the supplies just need to set time to do them maybe Monday when were one is back and work and school.

Shopping bags -mailed

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I taught myself to crochet this weekend and I got a scarf and hat crocheted for my goddaughter (age 6, she won't care about the mistakes LOL). Today I am going out looking for some felt so I can add a little flower and a few leaves to both the hat and scarf.

Still need to complete one last high school colors fleece scarf.
    Still need to make the sewing organizer and pin cushion for my bestest friend in the world

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Monday night completed three tea roses and leaves for the crocheted hat, and completed a larger rose for the scarf. I decided I will attach the flowers with snaps so they can be removed for washing. My mom dropped off a stash of snaps for me that she had on hand.

Finished the high school colors scarf today. Got a bunch of the pillow pockets filled with the wristlets and picked out the matching paper tags since I am starting to give them out as gifts for my hairdresser and my co-workers this week.

I started a thread for an All Hobbies Virtual Retreat this upcoming Weekend if anyone wants to join us. I need to work on attaching the flowers for this set, creating the sewing organizer, and making a pin cushion. Outside of those gifts, I'd like to start on a new crochet project - trying a washcloth pattern I have with some Christmas tweedish cotton yarn I found on sale. It is off white with reds and green flecks.

https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...11-2011-a.html

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tried again all morning to crochet those slippers with several other patterns (simple ones I hunted out last night at 4AM). Could not do it. Ripped work apart 6 or 7 times. Too long, too short, too thick, too thin.
    I have been defeated...........by yarn............and by those crazy patterns that have me confused 10 different ways.
    On the plus side, I may have discovered where I made a mistake on that first pattern so maybe I'll try it again...for the 10th time.
    (Maybe this is why grandmother's usually have grey hair, and seem somewhat dotty after awhile!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the sewing organizer done and decided to also make a matching scissors keeper and cinch tote while I was at it.

Would like to get the flowers done for the scarf then attach all with snaps to the hat and scarf.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Working along steadily during this Virtual Hobbies Retreat at FV and finished unp the scarf and hat set for my niece. The felt roses really took a long time but really make the set look more finished. Asked my daughter about adding fringies to the ends of each side and her verdict was no, it looks good with just the addition of the flowers & leaves.

So I'm officially done making the gifts I planned to make and just need to get it all wrapped within the week to make me feel officially done.

I might try to come up with some dishcloth pattern or two in the next couple weeks that I could give to a good friend just for the fun of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I make food gifts each year. This year, it's cocoa mix, chex mix, cake mix cookies, and mini loaves of pumpkin bread. I'll get a pic up later when all my containers are decorated.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday I upcycled a vintage tablecloth I got for 1.25...went throught my stash for coordinating fabric, and made a reversable apron for my mom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Stinkbug - your apron is wonderful!! Love the fabric and the style - both classic - what a lucky mother!! Mahalo for posting!!

Mahalo for mentioning chex mix Melody - I want to make some with a local twist by adding furikakae to the mixture - need to check out the recipe!!

I am also making mini recipe books for DH's relatives - unfortunately my printer is on the blink and need to figure it out soon!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mom is getting HM socks this Christmas. My nephew is getting a HM cap. If I have time, my sister will get a HM knitted/felted scarf, as I was able to find some Plymouth Sinsation yarn in a BEAUTIFUL red. Probably no time to knit anything for my BIL. If I find I have free time (yeah, right), I might try to knit him a back pillow or something. He is always complaining about being hot, so apparel doesn't really work for him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Here's the picture of cocoa jars and chex mix in cans. I made 9 dz. cookies to freeze and go with gifts, too - 8 dz. for presents, and 1 dz. for DH and me. I will bag these in clear plastic bags and tie off with a cute bow.

Maui, I used this recipe with some modifications. It's versatile enough that you could include whatever ingredients or flavors you like.

The Best Chex Mix Recipe - Food.com - 192462

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been making Christmas cards to mail/give to people this week. Will be making the ones for DH's family tonight. The ink has to dry overnight before we can sign and send them.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 152223242526 LastLast