2011 Home Project Organizational Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the idea of going through the Christmas decor, that will be my project for Jan too.
    Terry

Jan grocery 129.57/275.00
    Jan coupon 1.00
    YTD grocery
    YTD coupon

New Recipe 1/24
    Items repurposed
    Twenty wishes 0/20

as of 1-11

Personal challenge, 5 A Day
    put away, throw away, give away
    at least 5 items a day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

McD, beautiful china! It looks so delicate I'd be afraid of it getting broken if left out. What a great way to display your key pieces, while keeping the others safe!
    Carol

Married to DH for 35 wonderful years!
    Mom to DS Eric 8/19/82 - 12/11/11
    Furbabies Chester (RIP 6/18/18) and Charley

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krbshappy71 View Post
    I'm not sure if joining this one or not, but may I ask how long some of you are keeping paperwork?

My paperwork is organized but I think I'm keeping too much.

7 years? Last year's until you do tax returns then keep those?

If this is hijacking, please move the posting or tell me and I'll start a new thread elsewhere.

Thanks!
    For me, it really depends on what it is. I don't keep bills and such after I pay them, but I have my last ten years' worth of tax returns and supporting docs. I keep all my house records, but I finally threw out the paperwork related to my previous house last year, so about seven years after moving to this one.

I keep vet records forever. Just hate to throw out the old ones. My medical records, however, I don't keep at all, because I figure the doctor can get them, and I have been going to the same doc for about seven years, and he has already obtained all my old medical files.

Warranties and such, I keep until they expire. Instruction manuals get tossed immediately, unless they are for something tricky (like my stupid digital light switch timer that resets when the power goes out), then they live in a drawer in my file cabinet for the life of the appliance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Whew! Got everything sorted. Key pieces are in the curio, and all my big tea pots, chocolate pots, etc. are on a shelf above the doorway in that room.

Have the majority of the remaining pieces wrapped and in a box for hubby to take downstairs. It looks like we'll need another box before we can continue.

Hubby also got one of the nasty dressers out of what will soon be just dub's room. We still have one to be taken out of what will soon be Moo's rooms. Lesson Learned: Don't trust your MIL to pick out second hand furniture for you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My January project will be cleaning out the hallway closet. I keep putting it off and it's driving me crazy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Before and stage one pictures are in my album for the project.
    I am SOO glad I started working on this instead of putting it off like usual.

Our Christmas dinner was today and most of the family found some excuse to go into that room .. I would have been so embarrassed by what it looked like yesterday when I started.

I brought a 3 drawer plastic storage unit in from the garage (already priced for the garage sale). I put the "mess" from beside the desk chair so it would at least "look" neat until I got it sorted and assigned places. I also "stuffed" the bookcase so I could semi-clear the endtables.

I already feel calmer and more "with it".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okey dokey, I'm in and I am going to REDUCE my paperwork!! Make decisions on it instead of filing it away. I have a large desk in the basement, covered in dust, and filled with papers. Time to face the music.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was going to reserve January for getting my Christmas stuff in order, but I am making a good-sized dent in it already, so I have decided that my January project is to get the bird feeders all cleaned up and to set them up a little differently to make it a little easier for me to get to them for refilling and cleaning purposes. I have about four feeders out there, and I wouldn't mind a few more, or at least more of a variety, but I may set them up closer to the tack room, rather than near the house, because: a) that is where I keep the seed, so less back-and-forth to fill them; and b) if the ground squirrels get interested, it keeps them near the tack room, where they are already established, rather than near the house where they aren't (yet).

So January will be taking down all the feeders, assessing which are keepers and which need to be replaced, cleaning and disinfecting them, getting them all put back up again, adding new feeders as needed/desired, and stocking up on each type of feed, so I can help the little guys get through the winter and figure out where the feeders are before spring nesting season starts.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today:

I'd like to get the rest of my geisha girl china wrapped and put away.

I'd like to get all laundry sorted and put away. I swear I go through Moo's clothes every few weeks! She is constantly outgrowing things, but luckily for us, we have some awesome friends who enjoy passing down their daughters' gently used clothes to us. (We're passing ours down to Zac's sister!)

This weekend is a long weekend for me as I get off at 12 today and am off tomorrow for the holiday. I am hoping to get the desk in the office measured, photo-ed, and posted on craigslist. I'd like to get Moo's cradle upstairs and in her closet to hold her blankies. I'd also like to get the rocking chair upstairs and the last ugly dresser down.

I've been taking photos of the process but was having a bit of trouble uploading last night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So many projects listed on here appeal to me! I should be able to keep busy all year long thanks to you folks. Bird feeders will go on my list, I need to move them to the front of the house because my dogs keep getting to them in the backyard.

At first I thought this was a once-a-month pick a project thing but there is so much I could be doing.

My holiday stuff is already put away, but I gave away unused items when I unpacked it so didn't need to reorganize it before putting items away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay so started in on the laundry pantry room. I got lots of stuff reorganized. I had just been flining it in there and not putting it away. So I did all that.

Next up is to wash all the jars and plastic containers. I will be buying some items in bulk and will be putting them in these containers. Some haven't been used in awhile and some had expired food that I already cleaned out.

sweep/vac/mop/dust/wipedown is next.

After that, I will be starting the stockpiling of food. This is where it will be stored and I want the place in good organization order.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got the tree, mantel swag, and all ornaments put away in the still-messy closet. I dusted and damp-mopped the den, so I feel like Christmas is officially "done" now. Like madhen, I may have to pick another project to round out January, but that's a good feeling.

I plan to get some of the cardboard boxes with the reinforced edges ?(the type milk jugs are packed in) from Wal-Mart or the grocery store to use for my closet clean-up. I also will ask DH pretty-please to carry the bed frame that's cluttering the whole works up downstairs to the garage.

Baby 3 due 7/10/2019

Just trying to keep on keeping on!

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Going through all the toys/clothes/misc in the kids' room as we speak.

Two bags for Goodwill, one bag for trash!

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay! I'm done for tonight since I have plans with a group of girlfriends, but as of right now the only thing that does not belong to Wesley in his room is Maggie's crib!

Hubs has to finish sorting through his clothes to get them transitioned downstairs. He is also going to measure teh desk for me .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure where to start on my project for January....organizing food stuff and canned goods...maybe working on my menu plan will help? Feeling like it's one of those "which came first" things. So I guess I'll just do a little bit and see where the momentum carries me.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast