2011 Home Project Organizational Challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've yet to start on my closet! It's keeps getting pushed aside for other projects! Working on getting my youngest son's room in order and our bedroom/office area then onto the closet!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got home from work and put one load of laundry in the dryer and washed another load. Will go down in a few minutes and put that load in the dryer and fold up the first load. Dishes to finish and a quick pickup and I may have time to do a little decluttering.
    Carol

Married to DH for 35 wonderful years!
    Mom to DS Eric 8/19/82 - 12/11/11
    Furbabies Chester (RIP 6/18/18) and Charley

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

All the Christmas decorations are purged and packed away. The tree is own and my house is officially Un-Christmased. I will not do another project this month since I have so many other challenges and do not want to set myself up for failure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great going Debbie!!

Am still working on the LR and want to finish up Wednesday before I pick the rest of the family at the airport!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the pantry and all but 3 of the cabinets decluttered (and rearranged the kitchen in the progress). Bought a couple of storage things that make sense for the kitchen this weekend to continue organizing. The kitchen will be done very soon!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH has been getting work done in the Attic... The Master Bedroom isn't going so well as of yet! Finally motivated to get DD's Bedroom done this week and then hopefully will get the Master Bedroom going by the weekend and done by the end of January. The Master Bathroom and Closet will have to wait until another month though unless there's any time at the end of January!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made myself do last night's dishes this morning, and it was so nice to come home to the clean sink after work. It really is worth it to push myself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I filed more papers today in between baking gluten free breads for DS. I got the Gardening hanging folders set up and some categories filed plus purged these folders: Utilities, Insurance, nursery bank statements and past orders.

Last night, DH stained the shelves he and DS put in my office. They had to be away all day today so didn't get the polyurethane on the shelves. I think they have to be gone tomorrow too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have packed up the closets and bookshelf in my bedroom, I have two large closets to pack up in my living room and I need to conquer my kids bedroom tomorrow! It will be a long day tommorrow! But I hope to keep everything packed away and organized until we move to another apartment...hopefully by spring time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got a couple of boxes for the hall closet clean-up. Things I know I need to do in there are move the bed frame downstairs to garage (have decided to do this myself as DH may not like the idea LOL), separate holiday decoration by season, and organize the stuff I've bought at Goodwill for future projects. I have also put the kibosh on new Goodwill or thrift spending until I get this done -- no sense piling more on top of what's already there. I'm guilty too often of finding the "perfect" item that just needs a little spray paint and chunking it aside for later!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My project this month is to get my bird-feeding stations in order. I have gone through and cleaned up the feeders, and tomorrow, I'll stop off at the feed store and pick up some fresh seed. I still need to buy a few clean garbage cans for storing the seed out in the tack room, to keep the evil ground squirrels at bay. Until then, I've been keeping the bags in my spare bathroom.

I think I'm going to need a couple new general feeders, as I don't really have any out that are just all-purpose. I am good on thistle feeders and sf seed feeders. I haven't set up a peanut feeder, mostly because I don't want the squirrels to feel TOO much at home!!

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Finally got all of my geisha girl stuff picked up and put away! All the laundry made it upstairs--just have to sort it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My project was setting up my file system. I've been a little side-tracked but it sort of played into my project. DH and DS built the shelves for my office last week. DH did the final buffing this morning so I was able to put books on them.

I emptied two boxes of cookbooks and others that have been in the floor for several years! Then I sorted and purged stacks of papers and files the rest of the day. I just put anything to do with gardening, housekeeping, health and wildlife into files which I will eventually need to categorize. I threw away a bunch out out-dated catalogs and started a bag of magazines to take to the library for their give-away shelf.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! You girls are quite the influence! And believe me.....I need some. I vowed here to work on my sunroom, but hang my head in shame among those of you who are keeping your promise. I got side-tracked with other things because my hubby wants us to purge clothes and magazines. I think he should be the one on here, because he pulled out a HUGE stack of shirts, and from his Kung-Fu magazines, he cut out the wanted articles, and recycled what was about 2 years worth of them. I got rid of some expired JCP catalogues. I like getting decorating ideas from them, but I can find better ideas and info on-line. Soooooo, it was a start.

I still have plenty of January left, so my plan today is to take a "big girl pill", get in that sunroom, and start tossing. My plan of action is to mentally separate it into fourths, and work it that way. Ive done this before, and it works for me. I know that realistically I cant finish it all in one day, and that bothers me, so I do nothing. But if I can succeed doing my 1/4s, My mentality will change. I guess that sounds crazy.

Will report in with a hopefully better list of accomplishments asap! In the meantime....nice work ladies!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Plenty of time still, so no excuses!!

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast