2011 Home Project Organizational Challenge
Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 2011 Home Project Organizational Challenge

Twelve months, twelve projects.

I noticed, immediately pre-Christmas (which is when I always notice, because it is too late to do it before company arrives) all the projects around the house that I *meant* to do before the end of the year. While it is still fresh in my mind, I am making my list (and checking it twice) of all the moderately difficult projects I have put off for too long. I am sure I can come up with twelve - all those, "Oh, I ought to take care of that" projects that caught my eye throughout the year. I have a section of drywall that needs repairing; the decking needs a new coat of paint; the garden beds need an overhaul; etc; etc; etc....

January's project, for me, will be figuring out a better system for storing and retrieving my Christmas stuff. I don't even know what I have, and it all gets wrapped in bags post-holiday and stuffed in the crawlspace behind my wall, so when Christmas comes around again, I have to unwrap everything, haul it down a flight of stairs, and wash it before it can be used. Usually, I get tired of unwrapping stuff, so decorations don't get put out (or not until the last minute), or I end up buying more serving dishes because I don't know where I put the ones I had last year.

Registered User thesightofoneself's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

jan. - clean/organize bedroom

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK, I though I posted on this one but it was actually the 2011 Organizing one. I'm in my usual confused state

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hit send too soon. I want to join this too. I spent a couple of hours Friday going over several years worth of goals in my computer files and realizing that some of them are not goals now, some I still want to do and some I've done. I need to pick a doable one for Jan. I tend to think I can accomplish way more that I actually can.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OOooohhh Mee too! I am joining all sorts of challenges to keep me busy this year! I hope I can keep up with them all! For January, I need to clean out and pack up my closets.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in! In January all Christmas decorations will be put away and I will decide which ones to go to goodwill. I have way too many and want to par them down. So that will be my goal for January.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My January challenge will be to set up an organizational calendar/center (aka central command station) for our home. This will save me time and energy throughout the year. I will begin working on this next week because I am off for Christmas vacation so I figure that is the best time to get organized or set up the center to stay organized.
    ~*Michelle*~

~Wife to Rick~
    ~Mother to 3~
    ~Special Education and ESL Teacher~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm new here and jumping into the challenges.

My January project will be my closet. I'm planning on finallly getting it in order and keeping it that way! It should take all month!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rest of Dec and Jan 2011:
    Clean my office and declutter the closet
    EmilyD

Change/Piggy Bank Jar Challenge (I use it for my clothes allowance)
    All silver change into piggy for 1 year (Oct 2019)
    Household savings account $200.00 monthly, current bal. $2600.00
    My savings: current bal. 100.00
    Pay extra on mortgage/loan/auto $50.00 @ monthly

Projects for 2018: Done
    Replace wooden pathway with concrete
    Cemetery Plots and burial plot for kitty
    Payments for cemetery products $80.00/$1875 per month x2 yr. begun in March 2017
    Pay off old and closed credit card

Projects for 2019:
    New porch (from dh's vacation fund, this summer)
    New garage door (next week, $900+tax)
    Hire out yard clean-up, bush trims, weeds ($400)
    Major declutter house (in progress)
    Major declutter garage (in progress)
    Re-decorate my bathroom (in progress)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

January will be decluttering our sun-room. It's long over-due, and irks me everytime I see it. It's been too easy to pull the shade all the way down on the sliding doors, and hiding from it. Ya know, the outta sight, outta mind game? Well enough is enough now. It's turning into a unlivable space, and it's a shame because it's really a nice, versatile room with a pretty tray ceiling. Yup! It'll be a great way to start my year, and I'm good and ready too!

Hoping the best for everybody!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in. My January project is my laundry/pantry area. Need to do something with it and make it more effecient to use.

Kellie

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

January Project: Finish the Great Bedroom Swap of 2010! Teehee.

We have an older Cape Cod style home. The two big bedrooms are upstairs, they have built in dressers, the slanted ceilings, etc. There is a smaller bedroom downstairs that is functioning as an office. Currently, Moo and Wesley share a room. It's not working well in terms of storage or in terms of sleeping. Moo isn't sleeping through the night and she really should be but we can't reallly let her cry it out without it waking up Wesley.

So we are in the midst (and have been since late November!) of moving our bedroom downstairs into the office and splitting up their rooms. There are so many mini-projects that are cropping up as a result of the switch that I am just getting overwhelmed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in-This will be my first challenge that I am participating in-Trying to get into the organizational and saving money mode-Hope all of the friends here are just what i need

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need this one too! Even if it's just an overhaul of every single room a month for 2011. Maybe I need 2 projects a month... 1 for DH and 1 for me!

My home project will be the Master Bedroom and DH's home project will the Attic.

I think I'll get DD's Bedroom done before 2011 since it's the most organized room in the house. It shouldn't take long!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is my first challenge with FV. It's right along the lines of what I've spent a good bit of 2010 doing, so I figured I'd join in. I received the book "The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life" for Christmas, so I'll be reading that very soon to help me along with next year.

January - declutter the kitchen. I've been working on going through 3 yrs of cooking magazines and getting the recipes I want to keep scanned into my computer so that I can get rid of the actual magazine. I also have recipes that have been cut out of magazines that I've kept in a folder... though, since I've never actually used any of them, it may just be time to toss them. This purge will include the pantry.

Once the recipes are on my computer, I've been taking some time to organize them, but that may be a different month's focus. Right now, I need the physical clutter out of my house.

Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast