The 2011 Clean and Organized Home Challenge - Page 11
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    Registered User thesightofoneself's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

great progress today. those 4 extra totes really came in handy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just got back from New Years on Kauai!! I am so glad that I did all that cleaning M-W last week - made coming home all that much nicer!!

So nice to see so much energy and a great mix of old and new people here. LB - great job in getting us going!!

Tomorrow I start back to work. When I get home, I am going to start cleaning out the MB. My side of our bed is first on my list, then the top of the dresser. That should keep me busy for Monday!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Started emptying out the office. What a mess. I guess now I'm going to start cleaning from top to bottom. The air register is in the dishwasher and now I'm going to tackle light fixtures and windows.

In between the office work I'm also trying to do my daily chores... laundry, dishes, vacuuming first floor, cleaning toilets.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I am just concentrating on the basics. I have gotten a 13 gallon trash bag full of trash together and hope to have one more before the day is over. I am spending the day thinking and planning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi! I am new to FV, but I would like to join the challenge as well. I have a lot to organize and plenty to get rid of. My biggest challenge is going to be fitting everything in with my work schedule. I just went back to work after 16 years and just can't get into the swing of work, life, house, kids (4), and other activities. Where on earth do I find time for myself?

Are we allowed to mention other websites on the forum? I have seen many of you ask for advice on how to get started and I know the perfect website. Just wasn't sure if I could mention it.

I hope to get to know all of you over time.

Laurie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well yesterday dh finally cleaned and organized his desk so I then dusted the cubbies and the bookshelf in our bedroom it needed it! Today I vacuumed in our bedroom and the hallway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It was so nice this morning to wake up and not have a sinkful of dishes staring at me. I have to keep reminding myself that as tired as I might be in the evening it is worth the 15 extra minutes to clean EVERYTHING in the kitchen before I go to bed.

DH had one more day off from work today so we have been busy trying to finish up some chores around the house.
    ~ took down Christmas tree, put away all the ornaments
    ~ cleaned off my dresser top - it seems to become a catch-all
    ~ swept & wiped down master bathroom
    ~ put away all of DS' clean clothes that end up piled on top of his dresser
    ~ cleaned off the front porch and threw away a bunch of broken toys that had accumulated there
    ~ DH washed out all the coolers and put them away until Spring & new soccer season
    ~ DH has gone to pick up some bed rails, so we will see if we can get the sewing room/guest bedroom finished
    ~ lots of laundry today and I am actually folding it as it comes out of the dryer instead of letting it build into one big pile I have to tackle at the end of the day!

The rest of the day I need to spend cooking and hopefully get to work on my lap blanket for a little while, but if DH gets the rails for the bed I may try to knock out the sewing room so I can have that done. Tomorrow we are back to the grind with DH off to work and resuming our homeschooling.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've realized part of my problem is that I need to focus on one area at a time. I get too distracted. I'll pick up trash off the floor from the living room, dump it in the trash in the kitchen, start clearing the counter and find something that belongs to the kids' room, take it in there and pick up toys that have been scattered. It goes on.

The ideas given here are helping me. Now, I just have to pick which area to start with!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finally got my hutch cleaned out, that one makes me feel good, what a mess I had stuffed in those drawers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dlaurie483 View Post

Are we allowed to mention other websites on the forum? I have seen many of you ask for advice on how to get started and I know the perfect website. Just wasn't sure if I could mention it.

Laurie
    Welcome! Yes, you can mention sites. Is it the certain Fly Lady?

Someone mentioned they liked waking up to a clean kitchen. I am still sticking to my "dishes every night"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I took a couple of extra minutes to do dishes this morning, before leaving for work. I generate the most in the morning, so it is nice to know they aren't sitting there, waiting for me!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by tnthriftylady View Post
    I'm jumping in to this challenge, too; however, since I am having surgery in about a week, I may not be able to get too into doing what needs to be done until later in the month.
    Decided I can handle de-cluttering, organizing, and cleaning the Master Bedroom this month

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just talked with DH - he and DD are coming home Wednesday evening. Before they arrive, I really want to get rid of the piles of stuff in the LR. There are three major piles that will be gone by that time - one an evening will work for me. I'm not going to repile anywhere, but I am going to sort, clear out, organize and put all that's left away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Put away ALL of Diva's clothes (instead of leaving them for her in her basket which results in them being everywhere and the basket not being available for dirty clothes)

Did the pots, pans and dishes. Nice shiny sink!

I have a bit more energy left, but not much... maybe I will get something else done before I fall over.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dlaurie483 View Post
    Hi! I am new to FV, but I would like to join the challenge as well. I have a lot to organize and plenty to get rid of. My biggest challenge is going to be fitting everything in with my work schedule. I just went back to work after 16 years and just can't get into the swing of work, life, house, kids (4), and other activities. Where on earth do I find time for myself?

Laurie
    Welcome to FV Laurie!

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast