The 2011 Clean and Organized Home Challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Count me in!!

I shall start in the extra bedroom/junk room. I have to put the christmas decorations in there and cant even get in the door!! So this will be my first area of combat!! I would like to get enough room in there so I can put a table and can work on puzzles or crafts or anything!!

One of the biggest things I would like to do this year is to do some kind of decorating. It doesnt have to be expensive. My walls are bland. I just dont know what to do when it comes to decorating. I want my house to look like I have at least tried to do something!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luckybustert View Post
    I tend to work clockwise around the room.
    Interesting, I tend to clean in layers - like, first dealing with all the clothes, then books, then paperwork, then furniture. I'll have to give clockwise a try and see if it is any better. The trouble with cleaning in layers is sometimes you get distracted or called away from a project and never get that clean and organized feeling. Maybe working clockwise would give me that feeling of accomplishment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default I have done..

Daughters room...recleaned today to keep it up..
    cleaned son's room from top to bottom and all i can say is eww....gross....that is where all the socks went...My little boy who is 15 use to be so neat and put together...these last couple of years he has become not so neat...I had to do it in 10 minute intervels because I was becoming so overly anxious....not knowing what t do next... I would leave and go in later and work for 10-15 minutes and then leave....it is now done except for the sheets and blankets that are in the wash....and some clothes to put back in the drawers....all i can say is he wants me to buy him anymore clothes or minutes for his phone or a subscription to rhapsody...he best be keeping this room clean.. Tommorrow i will finish the living room..only need to take out a peice of furniture and find a spot for it elsewhere in the house and living room will be done....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My car is packed with goodies for SA - I made a list and it is a full page long!! While it does not make a dent in all the treasures in my home, I feel better about getting things out of my home. I am adding a fabric Christmas tree from my classroom also.

"to be sorted later' is a true oxymoron - I am working on eliminating all piles to be addressed later and do it now!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did take pictures of my office as well. Will post in an album here.

Company tomorrow for the day, so not much will get done until Thursday. The cat will hang out in the office while the company is here.

We are also planning a garage sale for the spring, we will see .. it was originally planned for Nov, then dh had a month of OT, so it never got done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pictures are always good!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm SO in on this one . . . we moved to our current home in April of 2009 and I've still got most of my stuff in boxes. When we moved we had just experienced a deep personal tragedy and I'll admit that we were so depressed that we just didn't care. And it didn't help that we moved from a big old house with lots of space to a small trailer . . . I had to actually give away furniture that wouldn't fit.

But, it's been almost 2 years and it's time to get started. I spent the weekend on Rubbermaid's website looking at their closet organizers (the closets here are adequate but only have a rod with a shelf above it in them and we've got stuff stacked in there too) so one of my budgeted expenses for this year is going to be organizational systems/totes.

I'm a packrat so the purge might just completely make me insane, but I gotta do something. We've got the "nobody come over!" syndrome too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am joining this one. Thanks so much for the push LB!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so thankful for this challenge.....so, count me in! My house....UGH.....where do I start?

It used to be that at least the kitchen, dining room, living room, hallway and bathroom were spotless and everything had its place and was clean. NOW, after both of us going to school for the last 5 years and not having too much time for anything but studies, we have let the place go. I look around and there is clutter EVERYWHERE.

We ripped up the carpeting a few years ago, (about 7 years ago to be exact), and still haven't had the wooden floors refinished. It would only cost about $200 to have it done. Not having the floors done makes the living room just feel "dirty", even though I try to sweep and mop as often as possible.

We just haven't had the time...and when we DO have the time (like now during Christmas break), we don't seem to have the energy. However, this challenge is going to be good, because it doesn't all have to be done in one day. It can be done over a period of time with baby steps. I would REALLY love to have a clean, organized home again.

WOW, it just dawned on me.....we are having company over for the first time in 10 years on new year's eve! Better get busy.

First stop: the kitchen! Half of the appliances need to go downstairs on the shelves.....we just don't have the room for them in the kitchen.

Thank you again for this challenge!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Count me in on this challenge too. I started decluttering in November and got a good start. Now I will start again in January

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will join in on this one. I used to keep a house so clean that it would make most people sick--if you know what I mean. Now my house is so dirty it will literally make you sick. I don't know how things can get so out of control but it is time to take back my home. Now I will never go back to the ultra clean I used to be but trust me I need to improve immensely to even be close.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm definitely in on this one. My home literally looks like a tornado hit right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in on this one.
    As I sit here at the computer desk getting ready to put tax paperwork together for personal and business taxes, I have to stop and wonder where all this paper stuff came from. Still have Christmas ads stashed on cubbies. Why???? The desk will be first on the list, followed by a full organization of my craft/sewing/scrapbooking room. Why can't that room stay tidy??? One project and it's chaos again.
    The basement shelves need to be inventoried. Do I need everything down there???NO.
    Yard sale this summer, should be very ecclectic.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I spent the whole day decluttering my house and now cupboards and books shelves and closets are bursting at the seams. Although house looks lovely I have WAY too much stuff. I guess today I'm going to purge. I love a clean house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So much enthusiasm and such great ideas! My house is pretty well picked up, not a lot of clutter in most rooms, just my office/sewing room, but I will deal with that at a later date. My project for January is to get on a schedule to vacuum 3 times a week. I have 2 large, very hairy, very sheddy dogs and 1 cat. I need to vacuum more than once a week, it should be every other day. So my goal is to continue to keep things picked up and to vacuum 3 times a week and dust once a week. It will make my life so much easier and I won't have to panic vacuum and dust when someone wants to come over!

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast