The 2011 Clean and Organized Home Challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in for this challenge. I am hoping to get a fair bit down over the next 10 days as my husband and two children have gone on a boys holiday so I am at home on my own (except pets) and also on holidays from work.

First point of call is my laundry.

Step 1: Wash random things laying around
    Step 2: Clean dryer vent
    Step 3: Wipe down washing machine and dryer
    Step 4: Wash cat bowls
    Step 5: Purge linen cupboard (good for 2011 fling numbers)
    Step 6: Organise shelves
    Step 7: Label shelves with single, double, queen for sheets
    Step 8: Insert a set of sheets into matching pillowcase for ease!
    Step 9: Labels shelves with tea, hand, bath, floor for towels
    Step 10: Insert folded up towels into right areas
    Step 11: Wash Ironing board cover
    Step 12: Have a cup of coffee and look at my achievements!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I wasn't going to join this year because I was feeling as if I failed miserably last year... and then I looked around. I have walls!!! Still working on locating the floors, but that's what 2011 is for

So, count me in. I will be baby-stepping my way day by day and hopefully I can finish the house by Christmas. I have 5 rooms (2 bed, living room, kitchen and bathroom) and it will be slow, but I will do it. When I break it down, it's not so bad, I have 3 months per room to get it done since the bathroom is good to go now)

In the meantime, I will enjoy the rest of this year and will wake up January 1 prepped and ready to attack!!!

Registered User Gotonenerveleft's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I've decided that the goal for January will be to work on the pantry. It needs reorganizing badly. I need to toss anything that might be expired. Straighten shelves. Find a better spot for cleaning supplies. Vacumn seal more stuff into mason jars and organize them. It's a terrible mess. Will do the same for the freezers. This will be a big help since I joined the menu planning and new recipes challenges too. Pray for me...it's a jungle in there!
    Tami
    Married 34 years
    DD 31 , DS 26
    GS 10, GS 9

Trying to get back on the frugal wagon!!!!

2011 Grocery challenge - January $76.13/$350.00
    2011 Menu Planning - 2weeks/52weeks
    2011 Try New Recipes - 1/24
    2011 Homemade Christmas - 0/8
    2011 Reading challlenge - 2/24
    2011 Clean Home Challenge - January - Pantry

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm going to try to use this thread more as a way of keeping a daily accounting of what I'm doing. I am using the "project a month" challenge for larger things that need to be done, but I need to keep up with all the routine stuff as well, in between projects. I've tried Flylady, but never got beyond shining my sink!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I vacuumed my house last night. I really, really need to do that more often, so this challenge is going to be good. 2 large dogs going in and out multiple times a day = lots of dirt and dog hair. I will say it goes much quicker and better with my Dyson! A definite must for pet owners, in my opinion.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am for this. I am going to try and do a room a month. January will be the kitchen. I have a huge kitchen I have a tendency to not really bother with the other side of the kitchen where the table and extra cabinets are. I will deep clean my whole kitchen. I need to scrub cabinets and walls, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

tervesforme, I have found that a Bissell green machine is also a must!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am IN and starting early! Yesterday I vacuumed the living room on my hands & knees to get every nook & cranny.

My general challenge will be that my dishwasher died so I am handwashing. I challenge myself to have NO overnight dishes whatsoever. The sink will be empty before bed.

Also, vacuuming the living room more than once a week. I have five dogs, you can imagine how bad it gets around here. I haven't set a specific number of times yet but I will.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This afternoon I'm going to haul the laundry over to the laundry room and get that out of the way, and then tonight and tomorrow will be cleaning days to get a fresh start for the new year.

Then I plan to do some serious playing for the last days of my vacation, which sadly means that entropy will rule, and I'll probably be back with a mess by the time I go back to work. But maybe not. I can dream!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A new year, another challenge....I'm in. The only difference is DF is now here to keep me motivated and on track. He brought his higher model Roomba (vs dads) and its WAY better then dad's base model. Its a godsend that thing! And I'm going to start using the dishwasher now b/c dad doesn't seem to be able to 'see' if the dishes are 'clean' when he's washing them. Plus it saves me a lot of stress and fights of me rewashing them as soon as he's left the kitchen. Sometimes...we just need a lil help. I am not too proud to take it right now if its offered!

No plan of action yet ... just need to get decluttered and rearranged so we can move DF's stuff fully into this house by end of January. Talk about stress!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My husband today agreed we have way too much stuff. Yeah for me because he is the pack rat that forms attachments to things and now he can see that we need to get rid of some stuff. I'm am doing an overhaul around here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love the enthusiasm and I can't wait to hear what everyone accomplishes. Personally, I'll be taking before and after pics, but not sure I'll be brave enough to share them.

Today, the kids and I boxed all the Christmas decorations and put them in the garage. Will have DH help me put them in the attic this weekend. The tree is still here, but ready to be hauled to recycling. Hopefully, will get it out of here tomorrow. I always love to see it come in, but also love to see it go out! Especially this year with a toddler.

So now I can put my time and energy towards my closet! Planning to start tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Picked up a copy of "Real Simple" the other day, and they have a good 2011 "Ultimate To-Do List in there. There is a link to it on their website: www.realsimple.com/todolist

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's pretty cool Madhen!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today's monster: the laundry. I have been putting it off because I have two foster puppies living in my laundry room, and doing laundry means getting mauled by happy puppies who feel a need to follow me up and down stairs, regardless of how many times I do it. Me with armloads of laundry + [a flight of carpeted stairs x 2] + two reckless and clumsy puppies = hazardous duty.

So today, I will put the puppies out with the big dogs and let Crash wear them out a bit, and I'll take advantage of the time to get the laundry done and clean their room up a bit!

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast