A New Perspective on Decluttering/Cleaning - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think I'd like to try this challenge. I always think I don't have time for something to get done. I will look at our trash bin, recycling and compost and think "I don't have time to deal with that now! And then nothing gets done.

I'll do a 30 minute challenge on Wednesday and write down how much time each task takes and update my chore list), then when I have 5 minutes before I have to leave I can do a 5 minute job (or 2 2 minute jobs!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did a chore I've been procrastinating about for a long, long time, but I think it actually made more clutter.

Today I split an African violet that's been in sad shape for quite a while. I ended up getting thirteen plants out of it, although some of the little ones might not survive. So now I have thirteen pots instead of one, and the cat got kicked out of his sunning spot in the south window. Is this progress? I'm not sure.

But it had to be done, I'm glad it's finally done, and it took only about 45 minutes. Once I see who is going to live, I'm going to fling all but one of the plants by having my husband give them away at work to anyone who wants them. Then the cat will be happy again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WOW!!! I've never seen an african violet that was that big.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel guilty. Should a person feel guilty over plant neglect? I knew it needed to be split but had no idea it had gotten THAT bad! But each of the thirteen plants was distinctly a separate crown. I hope they all live. The four smallest ones are bigger than a lot of the little ones you see for sale, about five or six inches across at least. Some don't have real root systems so if they don't hurry up and grow some, they won't survive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What a great AV plant that must have been!!

A good idea to jot down small time jobs for those small times = no excuses!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought that violet a few years ago at a garage sale for $3, and it was about 18" across then. It's HUGE by itself and I've neglected to pull the suckers off since I bought it. I'm amazed it's survived my neglect. And when it blooms, it blooms like crazy, tons and tons of purple flowers. I've never had a violet so prolific. It hasn't bloomed as much lately and I suppose it's because there were just too many crowns.

I was thinking today I need to make a running list of little projects I need to work on. I've had lists in the past but the little stuff was mixed in with the big stuff for both of us to work on. I need to make my own list. The pyramid challenge has been a great thing for me! I'm also starting to see more little things around that I could add to my list, so will have to start doing that. I must have a cute little notebook around for my personal list...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Had to find this thread because it works for me - when I use it!!

Today I needed to wie down the sink, vanity and glass in our bathroom - it took one minute!!

There was a project that I needed to do for our Soccer region that I have been putting off - and finally did it today - it took less than five minutes.

Keep 'em coming cause I am moving on through them!!
    How are you doing?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm putting stuff back in my kitchen after having it painted and as I am doing things and cleaning I realize how little time it takes to do stuff. I just need to do it! Last night I cleaned out my countertop convection oven. Took like 5-6 minutes and it looks like new now. I need to do something like that every day, so tonight I will tackle another project and let you know...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just sorted my messy office drawer. Only took 3 minutes. Now to keep it tidy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I started cleaning my kitchen every night, it only takes 5-10 minutes. Been doing it for a week now, I love having a clean kitchen in the morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's very encouraging to me to read about what you are able to complete in only 5-10 minutes! I am going to try to incorporate that strategy into my day today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

maui - this has been an ongoing project with me - try to do the regular daily stuff PLUS one 'decluttering/organizing' chore This thread is great for accountability and getting things done WTG so far

MC - I too love doing the laundry except the folding and putting away, always have!! BTW: This is a no ironing type household here

I too vote that you should continue to have DH spoil you with the laundry!! And that this thread should be an ongoing running one ie daily challenge type thread.

My goal for today - after I get back from running errands - the coffee table, as in to find it. DF made a comment the other night as I was starting to do it, which totally put me off from wanting to continue to find it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123