2011 Weekly Pyramid Challenge - Week 18 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Change of plans. I'm pretty much scrapping my list, except for essential pick up around the apartment. I need to spend the rest of the week on meal planning. So I'm more or less going away, but I'll probably drop in Friday night my success story. It IS going be a success story - or else!

I also made an appointment to see my internist on Friday. Some are in favor of low carb, some aren't, so I'll see what her take is. Since this affects blood glucose, though, I need for her to be aware of it and see what I need to do to satisfy her on the medical end. So this is basically turning into just a week of planning and organization. Time consuming, but important. Getting my proverbial ducks in a row.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, you can pyramid that stuff, too! It's very important, so take credit for it!

Good luck. It's a lot to think about and it gets confusing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I don't think I'm organized enough yet to even put it in a pyramid. I thought I was until suddenly I was running late and scrambling to throw together an acceptable meal for work tonight! Maybe I'll be more on top of it next week.

I resist this sort of thing because I resent having to give so much of my mind to nitpicky food issues when were are so many more interesting things out there, but I need to be more proactive with the diabetes. The cancer was a walk in the park compared to this!

Ginch, grinch. This always puts me in a bad mood. I'll be more cheerful next week. Promise.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know exactly what you mean, believe me. BTDT, still doing it. I hate the nitpickiness of healthy balanced eating, too.

I do a lot of repetitive eating. It's easier for me and less to think about. So I'll make up a big pot of soup and have it for lunch for five or six days straight. It's not unusual for us to eat the same supper three nights in a row. I love to cook but the more I have to think about the details of a balanced diet, the harder it is for me to stay with it. OAMC is really helpful for that, too. Does your library have a copy of Frozen Assets Lite and Easy by Deborah Taylor-Hough? I don't know if the carbs are low enough for diabetic eating in that one, but the calories per serving are on target. The nutritional info is with each recipe so you could easily check if it would work for you. If it would, it should help a lot because so much of the detail is already done in that book, shopping lists, what to prep when, etc. so you don't have to do so much figuring. If you go looking for it, be sure it's the Lite and Easy edition, not the first one that's just called Frozen Assets.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do repetitive eating too. On my days off I cook meats ahead. Veggies I can fill in. Prepping salad veggies is a pain, but I'm going to have to buckle down to this.

What I'm working on now is putting together the meals to be repetitive with. Not just the right number and kind of carbs, but spread evenly over the day. I'll be working from meals plans, plugging in what I prefer to eat, but it's time consuming tracking down all the net carb counts for this and that. Thank goodness for the internet!

This topic has really highjacked the thread. Sorry about that everyone! I'll shut up now and just go do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12