messy to marvelous
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Red face messy to marvelous

I know I might be putting this under the wrong area. But for me it is a home and family challenge as well as self-improvement and a matter of self-esteem. I looked and couldn't find a Messy to Marvelous Challenge anymore. I need one! I went around the house and took photos yesterday. Started out as pictures to post of garden and gazebo. As I walked through the LR I realized just how bad it looked. I took pictures of it from different angles so that I could later see my results. It is funny but when you take a picture you often notice things you don't just looking at it. Seems more true when it is something you look at everyday. Spent most of the day cleaning LR and the DR. I woke up this morning and fell great when I walked through it. My self esteem is getting higher and will with every room I clean. Decided to do a room a day. Today is my bedroom. Can't go through all the drawers and closets also but can do all visual areas and work on rest as I have time. Hopefully I will fill a few bags to donate while I'm cleaning and sorting.
    The big challenge will be keeping it clean and organized once I get it that way. That will take some time!
    Anyone want to join me in this challenge?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Funny you should mention this. I am doing this with my garage. I started on Saturday, took some before pictures. I worked on it on and off this weekend. Having Habitat for Humanity come pick up some stuff today, then I can progress more. It will take me at least a week to finish it, it's a big garage! LOL I also want to organize and sweep, etc. I will say I feel so much better already just with what I have done so far. I so know what you mean about feeling better. So, I'm in with you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If & when I do my backyard, I take pictures. I always think I'm going to post them on Facebook in my Projects album but then I'm too embarrassed to post the "before" pictures, ha!

5 dogs of poop can really take a toll. Weeds, rocks, dog toys, giant sticks from the oak tree...its a disaster back there. Its on my list right now but cleverly I keep moving it to the bottom of the list.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default if I can, you can

Taking a small break from my challenge today.

Krbshappy71 I challenge you to do yard this week and post pics. I want to post pics..but am not having any luck. I will try again tonight. I post a project and you post yard. With each other's support we can do it. Think of how happy the critters will be to have a clean backyard again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by l8eebugg View Post
    Taking a small break from my challenge today.

Krbshappy71 I challenge you to do yard this week and post pics. I want to post pics..but am not having any luck. I will try again tonight. I post a project and you post yard. With each other's support we can do it. Think of how happy the critters will be to have a clean backyard again.
    I would but I have family coming in from out of state. My oldest that is in the Navy and my BF from the East Coast is coming out for my birthday this weekend. I wrenched my back this past weekend and am still recovering.

I'll shoot for the following week, sorry!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

krbshappy71..sorry forgot about your back. Sounds like you have a busy and fun-filled week. We will do challenge next week if your back is feeling better.
    I sat down with my DDS and we made up a chore list for summer and a goal list for housecleaning and organization. So far so good. We put stuff on it like do one drawer a day and one shelf a day. Seems small but I think they will really help me if they see a little bit of time everyday we help us all. They laughed at my title for our list. "We are in it together, so let's work together for a better life." I thought it was good, they thought it was silly. Don't care..as long as it works.
    1/2 done with bedroom (only visual parts). Yippee!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I will be joining you for sure!! There are about three weeks left of summer vacation and this is just what I need. Yes I will take pictures and will be working only on the top floor - kitchen, living room, sunroom, Master bedroom. Mahalo for starting this!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's what I was talking about in the post that I put pic in I am so bad to leave the mop and broom where I last sat it. The palms are still up from palm Sunday. There is always a stray glass or the kitchen table or breakfast bar is a mess. Clean dishes are never put away and there is always laundry hanging on the racks. The court yard is always in need of weeding. Never enough time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mauimagic--thanks for joining me..I love company makes the work easier, and makes me feel I am not alone in undoing messes. 3 weeks of summer left? Ouch...I just started my summer break last week. Yippee! The week blew by with all the work I am trying to get done..but at least now I have the time to do it.

Oheoh's Mom--Never enough time..that is what caused my messes. Worked 1 and 1/2 jobs during school year and had no time to get anything done. When I got home all my energy was gone and it was too late to do much of anything. I know that feeling all too well. Try what we are going to try one drawer and one shelf a day. Baby steps...I am going for the visual areas 1st with the baby step mixed in. If I don't see lot of progress I know myself well enough to know that I will quit.

Worked till I about dropped yesterday..only breaks to keep my grin up checking in at Frugal Village. DDS were very good about helping. Somedays I just love those girls. (grin)
    Today it is finish the mst. bedroom and go through boxes of school stuff I brought home last week sitting in my hall. Now doesn't that just present a nice welcome. NExt week is our vacation and then 3 days after we return we have BF's mini-family reunion at my house before we leave for the big one out of state. It is a race. I want to be the winner!
    Still have figured out the picture thing... have the pics on camera card..now what?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We now have a new puppy to work around but I do love the picture idea. I peeked in our window a few months back and blushed. Garage sale clutter! Laundry accumulated from new stuff bought in. Cookbooks in book cases. Cleaned all that up but stopped at the dining area. Yikes. Need a screen.
    Anyway-hope to join piecemeal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by l8eebugg View Post

Still have figured out the picture thing... have the pics on camera card..now what?
    Make a folder on your computer, say, on the desktop and name it.."projects" for example. (to make a folder, if on Windows, right-click and choose New, then choose Folder)

Connect the camera to the computer and upload the pictures. While its uploading it should ask you where to save the pictures, direct it to that folder you made.

Once you have them in a folder you can rename the pictures. Then hop on here, create your new posting, and use the little paper-clip icon for Attachments. That opens a new window (for me anyhow) and you click Choose File (left side of screen). It is basically asking where the photos are that you want to upload. Direct it to that folder you made on the computer. When you find the picture, click "Upload" which is on the right side of that screen. Do this for each picture. Then click "close window". When you are back at your posting click Preview Post so you can see if you got all the pictures you wanted. I do this before Submit Reply so I can see if it looks right.

Hope that helps! My back is getting better, thank you! I'm doing small things around the house finally.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in today is clean up shelf in master bath. Too many towels and odds and ends need to be put away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default new gazebo

Attachment 17142
    Attachment 17143
    Oh..please attach photos! This is a picture of my new gazebo I have written about.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not a great day for me due to storm and just seemed to spin in circles. Did get some laundry done and made a new batch of soap. Went threw a bunch of paperwork and threw away most of it. Tomorrow is a new day.

oheoh--how the bathroom shelf go? I need to do that also.

Krbshappy71--thanks finally got those pics. More under
    Garden/homesteading. Was quite the ordeal to figure it out. Think it is because of the way I load up pics.

frugalwarrior--how did today go?

mauimagic--were you by the pool lol Wish I could join you!

tervsforms--how are you doing?

So glad to not be alone in this--thanks you all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a lovely gazeebo! I would be spending all my time out there! Take my laptop and a glass of water and I would be all set!

Habitat for Humanity came and picked up a bunch of stuff yesterday so I spent some time out in the garage starting to organize. It's going to take me a couple of weeks to get this all done, but I am excited on what is done so far!

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast