Frugal Village Forums banner

December: Today's To-Do's

14K views 371 replies 25 participants last post by  wunsagin 
#1 ·
For those of you who are new to the thread, the goal is to come up with three things each day, and to do them. :) It is always nice to go to bed feeling that you accomplished SOMETHING, and this thread is here to help you do just that!!

Why three? A good friend of mine once told me that he feels that is a good number to shoot for each day, to feel that his day wasn't frittered away with little insignificant time-wasting things. But if three doesn't work for you, and you think you can only commit to two, or even just one good thing a day, you are still welcome to join!

#120 ·
Today
Finish the washing I didn't get done yesterday, blankets, dark and regular...if time and inclination maybe a 4th

More on the kitchen counter....it's a catch all

Change bed

#121 ·
I got one of the camper comforters washed, so that's not going to be laying around. One more to do, probably not today. I have to dry it by hanging it over the exercise bike and there's only room for one at a time. Those should have been washed a long time ago. I want to get them both out of the bathroom so I can deep clean in there before Christmas.

#122 ·
1. Laundry: wash remaining laundry and put old laundry away.
2. Sort out as many Xmas gifts/cards as possible.
3. Attempt to change the toilet seat. (Attempted but didn't succeed)

Today:
1. Buy paint and painting essentials.
2. Try driving the new car.
3. Washing.

#124 ·
Yesterday's list...

1. Remove tomatoes from dehydrator and grind? freeze?

2. Go through harvested tomatoes seperating ripe from under ripe - ripe in to dehydrator

3. Go through spices and get order ready

4. Organize a few things in the stockpile

I did absolutely nothing. It was rainy and dreary all day long and since DH was out and about most of the day I camped out on the couch with a blanket and the remote. I munched and watched TV all day. :p

Not sure what I'll do tomorrow but there's plenty to choose from.

#125 ·
Today the list was....
Finish the washing I didn't get done yesterday, blankets, dark and regular...if time and inclination maybe a 4th

More on the kitchen counter....it's a catch all

Change bed

Well, so far no bed change...very little on the counter...some but not a lot...BUT...BUT...I've got I think 6 loads of laundry washed, dried or hung AND put away including the bed blanket...no small feat for me.

I may get more on the counter done and get to the bed before I hit it. We'll see....my back is shot.

#128 ·
Ended up with 1 1/2 done of the 3. Decide tomorrows tomorrow morning. Right now I'm going to bed. Back still hurting.

#130 ·
For Sunday 3/3 done
1. Went to church
2. Went to work
3 cut out coupons
Monday's List
1. Make Bed
2. Do dishes
3. Go to meat shop

#132 ·
This rainy weather blob is still sitting right on top of us. Been here for three days and isn't supposed to move out until tomorrow. It's so stinking muggy and dreary here it's hard to get motivated. But chores await so I think for today I will...

1. Get a hard clean on the bedroom (dust, windex, wipe doors, etc.)
2. Hard clean on bathrooms (tub and shower were done yesterday)
3. Remove and wash shower liner and curtain

#136 ·
I got behind..
Sat, got 3/3

Sun
got the tree out of its container
got the tree in the stand
got the tree decorated
so 3/3, it took almost all day!!

Monday
empty dishwasher
find stamps for bills
clip coupons
get pork in the oven

#138 ·
Monday 3/3

whew, done, like it took along time to get them done! But they are done

tues list
looks like moving more snow
have got to bake something
bake something else
vaccum

#143 ·
3/3 done yesterday!
Tuesday's List
1) Go to Post office
2) Vacuum livingroom & hallway
3) Make cookies

#145 ·
Today:
1. More washing: put some on, put some away.
2. The daily house do's: tidy, bathroom wipe, dinner and dishes.
3. Look at new assignment due for January.

Today:
1. Make flapjacks for SO.
2. Usual daily do's: tidy, washing, bathroom wipe, dinner, ALL dishes.
3. Start to de-clutter spare room and wash the wall.

#148 ·
List for Wednesday:

1. Drop car off at shop to get A/C fixed that died a few months ago and might as well have the oil changed while it's there

2. Pay bills/update budgets

3. Plan menu

4. Check garden - some things should be or are getting ready to be harvested and I'll need to incorporate them in to our menu's if they're ready

#157 ·
3/4 Today

Dropping off and picking up the car threw me off kilter and harvesting, cleaning, prepping the veggies is always time consuming...no matter how small the harvest. Bills and budgets didn't get tended to so...

Thursday's list:

1. Pay bills/update budgets

2. Make fresh tomato sauce and freeze

3. Household and my laundry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.