2012 Home Project Organizational Challenge - Page 12
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Too cool Peanut!! Isn't it interesting to see what motivates us? So glad you had that organized!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

I need to put stuff from my "to file" box away, clear off the bed in the craft/office room, and after tackling a re-size project, clear the table.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very cool, MM and peanut!!

I finished the base of the dog bed, and I don't have enough yarn left to knit the top portion, so Plan B it is.

I put a pic of the dogs' new area in my blog, but basically, it is a lower cupboard that never worked well as intended, because there is one small door, but the cupboard goes back along the side of the sink. So anything you put in there eventually migrated to the back, to be lost to the ages. I took all the lost and confused plastic containers out of there, cleaned it out, and am making it into a "den" for the dogs. Not sure if it is big enough for the big guys to lay down in, but it is more than big enough for the little ones.

Still doing some work on it. Thinking about drilling a hole in the wall between the sink and the "den" to run electrical cords, so I can plug in a heated dog bed, if I so choose. Also thinking about expanding it to include another cupboard that is on the same wall and is currently not in use. Maybe put their food and water in there, to give them even more incentive to go in.

I need to complete the "bed" portion to make it more inviting, and then I am considering whether to put any kind of a door or curtain across the entrance and/or whether to bother putting trim around the entrance, so it doesn't look quite so much like a cupboard with the door removed!!

I need to clean out the fridge and clean the interior of the oven, and finish up the dogs' area, and then the kitchen is done!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a nice long post and then it poofed. Grrrr...

MM, I don't know if foam would recover if it was stored in space bags, but that's a good idea. Congrats on sewing for the wedding! I love doing stuff like that, too, but never get the chance anymore. It's been so many years I wouldn't know how.

Everyone's projects look so nice!

Nothing exciting here. We got the bed uncovered in the guest room now, but unfortunately most of that stuff migrated out to the pool table. Still, it's in my line of vision all the time now so it'll annoy me into sorting through it, so that's a good thing. I'm going to try to get through at least two boxes per day. A lot of our camping gear was/is in the guest room, and I want to gather it all up so we can see exactly what we have and get rid of what we don't use.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I rehung curtains in my kitchen and bak door finally. I took them off a year go to wash and never rehung them because I hated them. Found some on clearance that will do until the kitchen is redone.

Sorted thru a huge tote of little people toys to decide what ones to keep and what to give away. (Dubs wanted to keep the ark and the nativity set. He uses baby Jesus like a superhero action figure).

All of my nice purses are in one tote and ready to be put in basement. Rather than use 3 little totes for my yarn, I put it all in one huge tote. Getting there ladies, I'm getting there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I sorted several boxes today and got a huge box of paper and magazines ready to recycle. I also sorted through a big bunch of books in the guest room bookcase and came up with three boxes to get rid of. I trashed a bunch of stuff, too. Progress!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I sorted through a 6" stack of paper today and discovered about 3" of it was homeschool records and test results I've been looking for for the last six months! Needless to say they found their way back into a binder. I have no idea why I took them out in the first place! Managed to sort things nicely.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since Im no longer moving (for now) my goals have changed. For January, I just want to focus on going through the boxes from when we moved into things that can go, things that stay and need to come up, things that stay but can stay in the basement, and things to sell. Think I'll work on that today at nap time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

This weekend I plan on tackling the bookshelf in the office - and chucking lots. I'm feeling unmotivated cleaning and decluttering the office, but I do like and appreciate the decluttered space so far. Next is to remember how good it feels to be able to use my counter area for craft projects.

I moseyed down to the basement for a couple of tasks, and have decided that's the next project.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Little bit of success here. Polly puppy actually went in the "den" and took a nap while I was in the kitchen, washing dishes! Woo hoo!! My dog den got the paw of approval!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been slowly working on the garage. It's coming along, but not as quickly as I had hoped. I think it will spill over into February or just be organized enough to pull the car into the garage and do something else for a bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad Polly likes her new 'digs' madhen!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, I finally went down today for about 30 minutes and started on my basement project. I gathered up all of the christmas wrapping paper, bows, tags, etc and put them in the rubbermaid wrapper paper thingie, I gathered up all of the boxes and put them in 2 bags, I won't need any of those next year! LOL I have a dresser that I am using for all of the other wrapping paper, bows, small boxes and my gift drawer. It sure feels good to get that started! I might go down and do another round after I get a few things done up here!

cmu
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

my kitchen is finished, that was january's project so I decided to start on my bedroom...we have lived in the house for almost 7 years now and my room was never really "unpacked" it seems... this weekend I went through several boxes and totes of misc stuff, have 5 trash bags to go out to the trash, box of misc paper that needs to be burnt (old bank statements etc), repurposed one of the newly empty totes to store all the photos I found until I can get albums to put them in. I also have an old computer that we do not use in the back of my van to drop at Goodwill this week. DH was pleasently suprised when he came to bed last night that he had more than about a foot of walk space at the end of the bed for the first time since we moved in lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That is funny, cmu, because my next month's project is also my bedroom!

Today, I polished all the cabinet doors, cleaned out the freezer, and put the finishing touches on the dogs' den. I am pretty much done with the major work in the kitchen - just have to maintain it now!

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast