2012 Home Project Organizational Challenge - Page 14
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Woo hoo!!! February - the month of love!! How fitting that I choose this month to tackle my bedroom!

I need to de-clutter big-time in there. I like the set-up, but I want to thin out the dresser drawers and find a use for the teeny closet. I have a desk in there that I might discard, or I might try to find a use for it. Haven't decided yet. If I discard it, I have more space in a recessed area - potential for clothes storage or shelving....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Started on my new project. I started on the bottom shelf and will be going up.Lots of Windows XP stuff to trash and also college papers as far back as 2002.Also found somw computer stuff that I forgot about and most likely never use.Maybe I will have things for a yard sale.
    Donation pick up is Feb 9th so need to work on getting at least one more box. I do have 4 done right now.I have somethings going that may not allow a donation in March.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default February Project

My February project is to help DH with that utility room. He has a 3 day weekend coming up and I want to see progress and help where possible. Because I have other things on the go I am going to prep him ahead of time as to when I have free time. Maybe we can pick up drywall Friday evening to work on during the weekend. We'll see. I'll talk to him.

Other than that, I've talked to a friend and she's agreed to help me rip out the basement shower stall and take it to the dumpster. Will check with DH first, though that could be problematic. Then he'll want to do it. He's a bit of a perfectionist.

Interestingly enough, I find when I go downstairs, DH invariably follows me down there. So I think I'll find something to do in the utility room either Friday evening or early Saturday morning...to entice him down to see what I'm up to. That way I'm right there when he needs/wants help. It'll be time to do laundry then anyways.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got rid of the old ammo today. Finally! The PD was nice enough to take it off my hands. The cop who was there looked in the box of old shotgun shells and seemed sort of shocked. It was in bad shape, some of my dad's old stuff from the sixties. I talked to them about how to sell some guns, too, so if we can ever agree on which ones to sell, we can do that.

I added to the kitchen stuff though. I can't feel too bad about it. I was in GW and found a trifle bowl. Don't ask me why I want a trifle bowl and I certainly don't need one, but I've wanted one for years. They just look so pretty with stuff in them. So I got that for $5. I'm going to make a seven layer veggie salad in it later. I stood in GW for a long time debating about parting with my $5! I'm in super-cheap mode lately and have been walking out of GW with nothing more often than not. I also got five new skeins of white baby yarn for $3. I'm hoping to do some bereavement gowns at some point, so trying to build up a little bit of a stash for that. So I guess I went backward a little bit. I have storage for both the yarn and the bowl, and I did stop to think about that aspect before buying, too.

I did pass up a really nice set of sheets for our guest room for $6. Proud of myself for that. I have lots of sheets I can make over to fit that bed and it won't cost anything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I ended up keeping both my bookcase and desk in my room, not because they were too heavy but because I think my room would actually look a little too empty without them! I guess that means I did a pretty good job sorting through stuff.

Since I'm keeping the bookcase in my room, I didn't get rid of any books, but I did organize them. I also went through my clothes and got rid of about half of them.

For February I'm going to organize the kitchen (which I'm going to say is seperate from the dining room, even though they're really not). The kitchen looks like it will be pretty easy because there's not a lot of junk in there - just food, dishes, and things to cook with.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finally completed my January goal (reorganizing my closet) today, so only a day late. I'm attaching a pic of what we did today. Also have been sorting thru boxes of 'treasure" in the basement and so far have 9 boxes ready for yard sale. whew....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile Plan for Weekend

If I don't get sidetracked, or distracted I'm looking to sketch out a plan of action; starting tomorrow for the weekend, and this month. Assess (sp?) what kinds of things I've got in the basement, group them, designate and label storage areas, Clean, Chuck unneccesary stuff.

ooh look - a shiny something. . . .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Looks great, fhg, but your poor clothes! They don't have any room to hang!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madhen View Post
    Looks great, fhg, but your poor clothes! They don't have any room to hang!
    Fortunately, I don't have a lot of hanging clothes for the season.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of things on the next two shelves but I did make a dent in the "get rid of pile". DH should be happy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

NicJean, I'm with you..."look something shiny!" Today my something shiny was an offer to go on a short driving trip for the day with a friend. Consequently nothing got done at home. But it was a nice break.

fHg: the closet looks good, but crowded. Like mine. I must go through my clothes again.

I finished processing the Corriedale today. Looks good! I have four skeins. Gave away a fifth yesterday. Then I have two partial skeins that I had a senior 'moment' (more like 'hour') with and spun the wrong direction when plying. Don't know what I can use that for! Maybe overdye it and use it in rugs... I'll see what it dries like first.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Your closet looks great fhg!

Worked some on taking all the pictures out of albums the other day. Still looking for the rest of the albums so I can get them into the photo boxes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Want to see my sun room this morning?

Want to see my sun room this evening?

Peter Walsh where are you???

For those not on the Use It Up Craft Challenge thread, I am taking a rug hooking course right now. The first thing the instructor wanted us to do was to bring all our supplies out where we could see them. I've had mine in cloth bins an canvas bags for years. So yesterday, with considerable trepidation I might add, I started pulling bins off shelves and organizing things. What a MESS! Today I took a before and after photo. Honestly, there's not much difference! BUT I do have some shelves beside the camera loaded up with wool so I can see what I have.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd say but sadly, it looks so much like my sewing room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

. . .and (it looks like) my office.

I got a wee bit sidetracked early this morning (yes, day off - can I sleep in?? nooooo) and emptied the pantry cabinet. It is related to cleaning the basement - in my way of thinking. *sigh* Just wanted to get motivated before I get regular chores out of the way, and head downstairs.

Good luck, everyone!!

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast