2012 Home Project Organizational Challenge - Page 16
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know that sooner or later something will come along.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got the desk in the bedroom cleaned off. I need to clean off the dresser next. Mopped the floor and laid down some fresh puppy pads (a daily chore). I need to clean off the dresser, thin out the sock drawer, organize the desk drawers and/or move the desk out of the bedroom, clean out the nightstand and clean off/reorganize the little nook of shelves by the bed. I may also buy some curtain rods and hang some thermal curtains (that I have upstairs) on the windows, to keep the heat in during the winter and, more importantly, the cool air in this summer, when the afternoon sun will be slamming into one of the windows.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great progress peanut and madhen!

SD - watch close at GW for the ereader cases....I bought my Mom an ereader for Christmas this last year and about a month before Christmas, I was at our GW and there were two BRAND new with tags from Target ereader cases for $4.99. Needless to say I snatched the flower printed one and was very happy to pay that price! They wanted $34.99 here at Walmart for something that wasn't nearly as nice as I what I found at GW.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My February challenge will be cleaning the office closet. This will include decluttering, organizing craft supplies, and boxing away what I can for our move next month.

Baby 3 due 7/10/2019

Just trying to keep on keeping on!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finished all the rug hooking supplies but re-skeining some yarn. I watched the sun travel through the room today and think I know how to protect things. I actually only need to be concerned for about two hours in the afternoon, the way the sun comes through the windows, and only in winter. We have trees that shade our sunroom otherwise.

Here's the new pics. And yes, I'm aware the shelves still look messy. They are stuffed to the gills. And by the time I reached the black and white fabric, honestly I was just wanting to get it DONE!

Guess I should be able to make a few rugs with that?!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I want to repurpose a pants hanger like this to hold my ribbon in the office closet.

Baby 3 due 7/10/2019

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow, peanut, you have been busy!!

MyMelody, that is a cute hanger!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

MyMel: Love that ribbon hanger idea! Thanks for posting the pic.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, DC! We did get a slip case with a front flap (opens like a paper book) for the reader that was on close-out. What I'm looking for now is a padded carry case that would hold the e reader, cords, and stand just to keep everything together and organized for travel or when not in use. I had to laugh at my husband last night. He was reading a book on the new toy, but every so often he'd switch over to ESPN and get Super Bowl updates. He just loves that he can sit in his recliner and use his little baby computer to surf the web. I think this is the best thing he's gotten for himself in years.

Peanut, light, not just direct sunlight, will fade things too. We have books that never see sunlight but the light has faded the spines just terrible. I hang decorative shower curtains or sheets over shelving that needs to be protected. It helps keep dust off things and makes the room look less cluttered too. Great job organizing! It looks like it was a lot of work.

MyMel, I love the ribbon idea! I've been trying to come up with a good way to store stuff on rolls. Thanks! Something more to look for at GW, a pants hanger or six!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The office closet has a mixture of "office" stuff and craft stuff. My plan is to get materials either organized or removed to the point that a small wire shelf that takes up space can be removed and donated to GW. Need to find out if DH wants to keep or scrap the old desktop towers we have - have to be sure any of our info is removed safely from them before taking this step. I need a few good-sized plastic containers - 1 for scrapbooking supplies and 1 for flowers, for sure.

Baby 3 due 7/10/2019

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hahaha! Whenever I moved, I didn't get rid of anything like shelving because I never was quite sure till I had lived in a place for a while what I might want.

The last computer we trashed, we removed our data with a sledgehammer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I swept the laundry room & washed the Dogs blankets.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD, this is actually a small shelf I made from an over-the-toilet shelf that was left in my last apartment. I just took some of the legs off and it has held everything from my printer to you name it. I will reserve judgment on getting rid of it just yet, because you raise a very valid point!

Baby 3 due 7/10/2019

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's always hard to know what to keep and what to let go of. I think it's fairly safe to let go of stuff like old computers you're absolutely sure you'll never use again, but furniture is different, IMO. If you have something you can use, even if it's not what you want, you can get by with it till some of the dust settles from the move and you can focus better on new furniture. Something is better than nothing!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

Work on the basement has been slow. I've inventoried most, moved buckets (most are now stacked two levels only and they are all together, in one part of the basement). I took 'before' photos - scary stuff!! I am clearing off the table I'd love to use as a work space down there, and tucked the two room fans under it. Have a bag of trash (mostly plastic, and "tape balls") and a "to recycle" pile. I've got "extras" from the upstairs pantry (weeded out a bit) waiting to be brought downstairs. Viewing the mess, I've been cooking meals from the pantry (pretty exclusively) for a few weeks now (last night was an exception - calzone: with bulk pork sausage, frozen broccoli and cheeses, wrapped in a refrigerated tube of pizza crust).

I'm finding it's hard working downstairs by myself for long periods, with flourescent lighting - I feel like I'm in a cave, although it's pretty bright.

Need to decide where to put canning supplies, so they are stored, yet accessible. I need to label some buckets on the sides - not just tops.I need to go through old boxes of Playmobil toys, and figure out what to do with them. Also, go through old Christmas stuff - and as I haven't used these things in a couple years, see if I can chuck them.

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast