2012 Home Project Organizational Challenge - Page 17
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

NicJ,I feel the same when I go down to use the treadmill. I found it a little easier to be down there if I turn the radio on to some kind of music. I also do the flylady timer suggestion. If I feel like staying longer it's all good.
    Right now I've run out of boxes small enough to pack and bring upstairs.Not sure what to do about that yet.
    I did a serious de-clutter and re-organization of my Feb project.However it is one of those things that looks worse in the making so I still have 2 messy shelves.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Everyone is doing great!

I have been busy with DH. He was sick early on in the weekend, but was better by yesterday, his last day off. We bought drywall and drywall mud and he put the drywall up last night in the utility room. Also put on the beading on the corners. He was disappointed he hadn't got the mudding done. But I told him "Baby Steps"...one step at a time and it will get done. He is such a perfectionist and sets his expectations of himself high.

We also bought a shower for the guest bathroom in the basement. They were 30% off yesterday. DH phoned our contractor to come look and give us a quote for installing it. DH doesn't think he could install it himself or even with my help. So a contractor it is! I will talk with my friend about hauling the old shower out this week. DH actually wants me to hold off on that till the contractor comes. he thinks the old shower walls are glued to the drywall underneath.

Other than that, I've shifted to rug hooking this week. Lots to do in my online course.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Greetings from inside the tablet. It's little and slow in here and my thumbs are too big!

I'm debating if I want to get one of these for myself. Can't decide, but probably not. Must learn to share!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The dresser is cleaned off and the floor is de-cluttered.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DH is downstairs mudding drywall. Contractor is coming tomorrow to look at the shower. Life is good...so far.

I guess I should come up with a home project for ME, rather than just DH! I think my home project should be cleaning up my sewing room so I can sew this weekend. And finishing re-skeining all the yarn to put on the sunroom shelves. Still have about 15 balls to go. Might be a good exercise for Crafting on the weekend again. Yep...do the sewing room this week in my spare moments between rug hooking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

peanut - your shelves looks great! That was ALOT of work!

Mymel - thanks for posting of that ribbon hanger...will need to look for one of those hangers!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

MyMel: I am sooooo stealing your ribbon hanger idea! Thanks! Right now all my ribbons are stuffed into shoe boxes. I'm going to look for a hanger like this at Good Will tomorrow.

My Feb. challenge is to rearrange my living room. The room is actually in two parts, and is L shaped. The longer part is the living room area, and the shorter part is my office. In another life, the shorter part was a dining room/area. The front door opens into the living room, and a short wall separates the LR from the stairs to the basement. The carpet is beige-ish. There is a window seat with a wine/ white/ shades of green pattern of flowers. The wine color is picked up in the drapes bordering the window seat, and there are off white shears. The walls are painted either a forest green or a Tuscany yellow. We had a large area carpet in the living area that picked up on the colors in the room, but took it out as it kept "creeping" and was dangerous to my elderly parents. Anyway, I'm attaching a couple of pix. The room is not yet finished, and I think it looks a little bare/sterile. So still working on it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OK. Guess I'm not techhy enough to enter both pictures in the same posts. Sorry!

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Haven't got a lot done, other than deep-cleaning my bathroom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Will try to attach more pics of our living room/ office area. Any ideas on rearranging??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I want to jump into this challenge. Because of young children and finances we have done very little to our house over the last six years. Now that my youngest is five-and-a-half I am ready to reclaim our home from the preschool look.

This week I have moved furniture around between the family room and the playroom. The family room used to have a large TV cabinet and lots of shelves to hold kids toys & games. Of course it was a losing battle keeping everything contained. My pottery and candles had been put away from little hands.

I moved the cubbie shelves into the playroom with their books, toys and games. Moved the TV cabinet to my sewing room to hold material. I pulled out from the garage my grandparents painted wood stereo cabinet that I had been storing to use as a TV stand.

I still need to hang some pictures once I get the frames. But, the room is looking much nicer and less "kiddy". I love being able to see my treasures again. It motivated me to finally hang the shelf in the kitchen so that I can have my pottery serving dishes out instead of hidden away.

Future big projects I want to tackle this year include a kitchen remodel and repainting the kids' bathroom. I also have a lot of smaller decluttering projects I need to focus on. The Habitat Re-Store is going to become my best friend this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

fHg: I think you need a print in throw cushions (the cheapest way to do it probably) to tie all the colours together again.

I'm sorry I can't help with furniture placement. I am lousy unless I have a floor plan in front of me with furniture pieces drawn to scale. I can't quite visualize your space even with all the photos you posted. For example, the corner by the window with the curio cabinet actually looks like a fine place for an overstuffed upholstered chair. But I have no idea where you'd put your curio cabinet or what that would do the current arrangement of furniture.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    fHg: I think you need a print in throw cushions (the cheapest way to do it probably) to tie all the colours together again.

I'm sorry I can't help with furniture placement. I am lousy unless I have a floor plan in front of me with furniture pieces drawn to scale. I can't quite visualize your space even with all the photos you posted. For example, the corner by the window with the curio cabinet actually looks like a fine place for an overstuffed upholstered chair. But I have no idea where you'd put your curio cabinet or what that would do the current arrangement of furniture.
    Thanks so much, Peanut!! The people who lived here before us actually did have a chair in the curio corner. I agree with you on the print to liven up the couch end of the room. We had our wonderful 8x13 rug with the room colors in it and it seemed to anchor everything so well. But now, with no rug (and probably won't use it again, due to parents tripping on it), it just looks... well..... cold. We have a floral print on the window seat cushion and pillows, and I am afraid of putting in another print that might clash with it. Was wondering about a different shade in the palate for some throw pillows,and perhaps a nice comfy throw? Also thought about asking Hubby to make us a coffee table of some type, as he does nice woodworking. Still gathering ideas, so feel free to throw in yours!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

fHg: There is a way to combine different prints. You can safely put a small geometric with a larger floral. Or stripes in the colour/s of a floral print. You can pick any colour you want out of the print, or any group of colours.

A coffee table would be a great idea! So would a multicoloured throw/afghan. You are right. You need something to liven the place up a bit.

DH spent the morning working downstairs on the bath. The shower is gone, the drywall trimmed. We're all ready for the new drywall, which we will have to wait and pick up on Monday. So DH can shift gears the next few days and work on the utility room. I can tell he is antsy about getting that done.

Me? I am sitting in squalor in my sunroom. I am going to clean up before I go out tonight. I have company coming tomorrow afternoon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Peanut..... See? I need this thread!! I can get a design or idea part way in my head and then it stalls. Thanks so much for your ideas.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast